Having a hard time

Play Mode Discussion
Hey, Mike, the meta is very expensive right now( compared to pre-Witchwood), the cheapest viable decks right now are Midrange Hunter( 3.2k dust), Odd Paladin( 4.4k) and Odd Rogue( 5.2k) - of which both the most expensive card is Baku, so after making one the price of the other falls by 1.6k, so you could make them both, or Spell Hunter( 5.6k) - which I think is the strongest at the moment.

In comparison, before Witchwood came out I made a Secret Mage that cost me 2k( 3.6k after I crafted Aluneth, which though drastically increased win-rate when drawn - wasn't necessary) and took me to ranks 10-5 with ease, so you can see why I think this meta is very expensive, as other than Midrange Hunter, every other deck costs at least 5k.

However, though believe me I know how frustrated you feel due to not having a strong deck, I would advise you not to craft anything at the moment, do quests, save your gold and wait for the next expansion, which should come mid August. Then wait a couple weeks till the meta settles and then craft something viable.

If you don't feel like waiting - the approach I personally would take( depending on how much dust and how many/what cards I have) is to disenchant everything I have and craft( if I could afford it) Odd Rogue or Odd Paladin( just because they use the same legendary and two decks are better than one), depending on which one you prefer. Some people( especially those who've lost touch with reality) might advise you against it, but that's due to them forgetting what it feels like to be a new player, as well as a f2p. It's as simple as this, you don't disenchant - you play gimp decks and do nothing for months at a time. No way around it.

So now you have to make a choice of whether you want to take the long route and wait, or calculate the total sum of dust you have and craft something that works. If you'll choose to craft - I recommend you research the decks available to you, perhaps ask someone who has those decks to let you play with them against them( as friends can now share decks and you can ask people on the forum for help), but keep in mind that decks take time to grow on you and learning them also takes time. Still, when comparing Odd Rogue and Odd Paladin, I think you will definitely be able to decide which one suits you better after you've played a few matches.

The few tips I can give you are these:
Always keep a 50g quest and reroll it daily until you get a better one, so never complete all your quests at once.

Check out some videos or streams of popular streamers where they either talk about the game or play your deck. I personally suggest Kibler and Firebat( unless he's still making bland dad jokes instead of teaching people, not sure as I've unsubbed), and if not those then maybe you'll like some others, there are plenty to choose from. I'd avoid the drama queens/attention hoes though.

And though pre-Witchwood I would have suggested to always do arena instead of buying packs, as you learn more, have more fun, as well as get more bang for your gold - it is sadly not the case now, for the quality of offered cards in arena increased so drastically that winning many games due to playing well is no longer as easy as it was and personally, my win rate was cut in half ever since the changes took place. And unless they change it( which I doubt they will due to their greedy policy) I suggest you buy packs instead. Unless you don't feel like it.

And my last advise would be to consistently climb to as good a rank as you can manage to in order to get those golden cards, as long as you can hit the required rank.

And as for your legendaries... Jaraxxus is pretty much useless and has been so for far too long, I don't see him resurfacing anytime soon either. Godfrey is used in Control and Cubelock - both of which are very expensive and post nerf are pretty much dead, and Gul'dan while being the best DK is also run in expensive decks.
Oh, and, as a side note - I would also look into aggro Mage or some form of Zoolock. Those two seem to always find their place no matter what, and though they might not be as good as top decks in any given meta, I've always seen one form of them or another around. Both of them just work due to Mage being excellent at burning opponents as a default and Lock having the hero power draw to sustain the zoo. Though Zoolock seems to be way more expensive now than I remember it being.
Basically, research, research, research, planning and more research!
Or just give Blizzard 300 euro...
Hi, I'm currently a rank 60 wild legend player but I've recently been playing more standard because I've suddenly developed ladder anxiety. I don't have many standard cards but I've been using a face-hunter deck to grind ranks. I'll include it below. I also used this deck in a local tournament a few days ago and did reasonably well. The reason I suggest this deck is because it is quite cheap that you can practice the fundamentals of hearthstone with. It focuses on mana efficiency, tempo plays, knowing when to trade, not-overextending, playing to your outs and thinking ahead. Being an aggro deck the games are fast which allows for a good amount of practise.

Mana efficiency:
It can definitely get you to rank 10 but you have to be maximising your mana usage each turn. For example on turn 4, you could play a 2-drop such as river crocolisk and hero power instead of a 3-drop such as wolf rider.

Card efficiency and maximising damage:
If and when you start to run out of cards you should be weaving in your hero power. For example, on turn 5 you may play wolf rider + hero power over playing nightblade because on turn 7 you can nightblade and hero power. Another example is on turn 6 you can play a 4-drop and hero power instead of playing two 3-drops. You want to be maximising your damage when you start running out of cards.

Tempo plays:
The goal in the early game is to establish the board and put minions in play. They, overtime will generally deal a lot more damage for you compared to only throwing burn spells at your opponent's face. Therefore playing many minions early on is important.

Sometimes you cannot afford to be card efficient or maximise your damage before there won't be enough time. For example, if you have too many or high cost cards in your hand, you goal may be to dump your hand. So on turn 6 instead of playing a 4-drop and hero powering you may play two 3-drops.

Play slower cards such as River Crocolisk or Bear shark before faster cards such as wolf rider or life drinker. This way you can maxmise your damage by getting the slower cards to do something before pushing for lethal with charge minions or weapons. If you feel that you cannot establish the board with your minions fast enough, you can equip a weapon and start trading so you can establish your minions onto the board easier.

As a general rule I usually play cards in this order.
1. Cards that don't have charge or deal face damage. Eg. Firefly and River crocolisk
2. Weapons. Eg. Eaglehorn bow
3. Charge minions. Eg. Wolf rider, Unleash the hounds
4. Minions with battlecries that deal damage. Eg. Life drinker, nightblade
5. Burn spells. Eg. Kill command

Trading:
Although the deck is called face hunter, there's some trading to be done in the early game. Only trade if you can protect your minions if you know they can deal more damage in the future and if you opponent has no board clears. When in doubt, go face. A problem with many inexperienced players is that they trade too much which doesn't allow them to apply necessary pressure to trigger a board clear from the opponent.

Trades also need to be efficient. For example, if you have a 3 attack weapon, it's best not to swing it into a minion with 1 health. If your minion has 4 attack it's not worth trading into anything with less health unless it is about to die for free to a hero power or something similar.

Over-extending:
Sometimes you may not be in a position to threaten a two turn lethal to your opponent and you may not have many charge minions or burn spells in your hand. At times like these you may also feel that the opponent may have a board clear. When this occurs you should be weaving in your hero power instead of committing more cards to a board that may get wiped.

Playing to your outs:
The goal of the deck (and game) is to kill your opponent so there comes a time when you stop trading and just go face. For example, it's turn 5 and you feel that you won't have enough damage to kill your opponent if you keep trading. Sure kill command can be used to get rid of 5 health minions with high attack but unless you're being threatened with lethal from your opponent, that kill command can go to their face.

Also, when you're low on cards or are running out of cards it's important to remember what cards you can topdeck for lethal. Although in some games all hope might be lost, with this deck you're usually a topdeck away from lethal if you've been applying enough pressure to the opponent.

Thinking ahead:
Being an aggro deck, every point of face damage matters. Doing an necessary trade may haunt you in the future if you're 1-2 damage off lethal. You need to have a sort of clock in your mind which you can develop with pratice. That is knowing how many more turns it will take to kill your opponent. The fast the clock, the less turns you need and the better for you. This may influence the cards you play.

For example, your opponent is a taunt druid, has no board 9 life and it's your turn 7. You have no board but two wolf riders and a life drinker, what do you play? You could maximise mana efficiency by playing life drinker and wolf rider but what if you opponent plays a big taunt next turn? Then you should play double wolf rider this turn and life drinker + hero power next turn because those bypass taunt.

Each game is going to be at least a little different from the last due to draw RNG so it's always important that you have a plan for lethal. You need to think about your winning strategy and what your opponent will do/play in order to stop you.

Practise:
The games with this deck are generally fast. The more you practise the more you will get better with the fundamentals of Hearthstone. From my experience playing the game, it's not always the deck that decides who wins or loses a match. It can be decided by who players better, barring some RNG elements.

This deck is cheap but it can really drill the most important aspects of hearthstone into each game. The cards can always be replaced later once you get new and better cards. For example, River crocolisk can be placed with plated beetle which is for the most part, an upgrade.

I hope this helps.

### Control
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Dire Mole
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) River Crocolisk
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Bearshark
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (3) Wolfrider
# 2x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Nightblade
# 1x (6) Argent Commander
# 2x (6) Reckless Rocketeer
#
AAECAR8CmQLXzQIOoQKoArUDvQOeBfIFsQjbCdkK/gzrwgKOwwKL5QLv8QIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
you need new good cards in this meta. classic cards are overcreeped by new cards.
If you need a coach, I’m in north America and can help. Khaldun #1161