Deck recipes are garbage

Play Mode Discussion
The deck recipes are ruining the game. I just played against the same exact deck 5 times in a row. It also shows that too many people don't even have enough imagination to create their own deck.
06/20/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Snakebyte77
The deck recipes are ruining the game. I just played against the same exact deck 5 times in a row. It also shows that too many people don't even have enough imagination to create their own deck.

I love it, I just build anti meta decks and win.
Plenty of people have the imagination to create decks. I make decks all the time.

The problem is creating viable good decks, which actually requires a lot more time and effort.

Why bother creating a deck that will lose 70%+ of the time? Just to be a creative butterfly?
Make that 7 games in a row against the same deck. i won 5 of the games. I am just sick of conastantly playing against the same thing
so being able to edit your deck is ruining a game focused on building decks.....yep that doesnt make any sense
06/20/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Boreas
so being able to edit your deck is ruining a game focused on building decks.....yep that doesnt make any sense

deck recipes isn't editing your deck. Deck recipes are the pre-made decks that most of the players are using.
06/20/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Snakebyte77

deck recipes isn't editing your deck. Deck recipes are the pre-made decks that most of the players are using.

Just to kind of get people on the same page.

The pre-made HS decks in the client are, usually, garbage. I am assuming you are referring to what most of us would call netdecks which were developed by players and then proliferated through sites and used by many players.

The win condition is not "most imaginative deck."
06/20/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Langis

It's not about win condition. it's about how boring it is to repeatedly face the same deck. I usually beat these decks. It just makes it less enjoyable. It's like taking a long car ride but all you see for scenery is the same house over and over again.
I think one of the problem are all those streamers downvoting all card that "don't fit the meta". All those "pros" slandering the entire set like a rating agency before a new expansion has even landed is not healthy for TCG meta. I'd seriously advice people to take their opinions with a grain of salt and actually try the stuff that the packs hand you.
06/20/2018 11:27 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
I think one of the problem are all those streamers downvoting all card that "don't fit the meta". All those "pros" slandering the entire set like a rating agency before a new expansion has even landed is not healthy for TCG meta. I'd seriously advice people to take their opinions with a grain of salt and actually try the stuff that the packs hand you.

There are more than a few cards that pre-expansion were rated poorly then do well post expansion.... like a long, long list lol.

I do think by this time in a meta (post-nerf) the guideposts are known but new decks could arise still. Both MSoG and Un'Goro saw late developed decks rising at the end of their metas for instance.
06/20/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Snakebyte77
06/20/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Langis

It's not about win condition. it's about how boring it is to repeatedly face the same deck. I usually beat these decks. It just makes it less enjoyable. It's like taking a long car ride but all you see for scenery is the same house over and over again.

Other players are not responsible for your enjoyment.

It isn't that. It is because blizzard gives us only a few decks that are viable. Go make a winning deck on your own. I promise it will be close to a netdeck you would find online.
06/20/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Zademus

It isn't that. It is because blizzard gives us only a few decks that are viable. Go make a winning deck on your own. I promise it will be close to a netdeck you would find online.
That's funny because I haven't faced a single deck in wild ranked play that has a similar setup to my deck.
06/20/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Snakebyte77

so you are pretending not to be complaining about players netdecking which means editing decks because netdecking is part of any card game as long as you are able to edit decks
Said it many times, there should be a system rewarding people with unique decks. How would it work? Simply, cards have their occurence % in decks across hearthstone.

If you would say 2 cubes...2 doomguards...2 voidlords in your warlock deck, myea mate...here you go ....2 gold for a win.

Got some wierd !@#$ in deck tho? Lorewalker cho, hogger and...idk..hemet (:D)? well those are so not played, you must have a really unique deck with some crazy win condition! Here ya go...30 gold for a win.
Why don't you search the forum and find all the other threads where all other players are complaining about netdeckers and then you all can be friends and have yourselves a very merry circle jerk all over your home brews?

I am so sorry we play a PVP game to win. All of us have fun decks we like to pull out from time to time just for kicks. But when it gets down to the nitty gritty, I want to rank and be done. Sorry, but the chorish work of fine tuning the "next big thing," is just that - a giant chore.

Leave it to the people they pay to do that for a living. Jeesh.