Sign in page unavailable on mobile

Technical Support
Did "switch accounts" to let my brother onto his account on mobile. Says "webpage not available" with a "clickable link" that does nothing. This happened on a patch a few weeks ago. Reinstalled game and still was like that, eventually fixed itself (the other week).
I decided to wait today. Got impatient and cleared data on phone (so had to redownload much of game. (Still leads to se page when trying to sign in with a previous account).
Help? I still can't sign in. App runs and worked before I logged out but now I cannot play.
Update: yesterday I selected the europe region to see if it changed anything; it did not.
However I just tried the Asia region and that does prompt the usual screen, while america and europe still do not.
Hit there KellEndac,

This sounds like a cache or DNS issue on the phone. What I would like to ask you to try first would be a new connection. If on Mobile, try a wireless connection, if wireless, try mobile. If it lets you login, then you know it is a DNS or connection issue.

If you run in to the same thing, please try with a full phone restart. Sometimes data can get cached on the browser or game that needs to be cleared. A Restart of the phone can help.

I hope my advice helps my friend!

/Nathardrick
I cleared cache, tried wifi, and restarted phone. Unfortunately it's all the same. Asia works but America and Europe fail to bring up the login page.
Accounts are fine on PC, I checked this morning, but I almost exclusively play on mobile. :/
Hey KellEndac,

Is the phone of Android 4.* or older version? If so, that would be the cause of the trouble. Hearthstone does require at least Android 5.0 to work properly. There are security features that older version of Android do not support that are needed to ensure proper security of the App and the accounts. If the phone is able to I do recommend updating to Android 5.0.
Ah. Possibly! Thank you. I am not EXACTLY sure what to look for but in the settings it does say "Android version 4.3", however when I do 'software update' it says I am up to date.
Also, was this a very recent change? I switched between the two accounts almost daily up until friday.
And why does the regular login page show up on Asia (saying 'breaking news' and stuff) but not the other two?
Having the same problem here too . My phone is up to date still login since last week even the maintenance on the game app didn't change it. Had no problems until last week get it fixed. It is not the game itself just the login screen that isn't connecting.
06/23/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Eloemaz
Hey KellEndac,

Is the phone of Android 4.* or older version? If so, that would be the cause of the trouble. [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/28991"]Hearthstone does require at least Android 5.0[/url] to work properly. There are security features that older version of Android do not support that are needed to ensure proper security of the App and the accounts. If the phone is able to I do recommend updating to Android 5.0.

I think this happens on android 4.3 for some reason but even if it doesn't meet specifications there should still be a way to fix this right? Hearthstone was working fine on this phone just yesterday.
Hello,
I'm on an older android tablet, only use it for HS and was able to login and play until few days ago. I can't update it to 5.0 android.
Please fix whatever changed recently, thank you
Based on what I've seen in other apps, this is a result of upgrading from TLS 1.0, which is probably a good thing. That said, if blizzard could create a way to login to the app from chrome, that might be an easy way to fix the problem.
this is so dumb
and how is it not fixed yet

i cant log in via mobile, only via browser
it doesnt even let me log in automatically via fb, like what my account is attached to
Like many others i can connect to asia but not na or eu...pls fix
THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!!
still not fixed -__-
06/23/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Eloemaz
Hey KellEndac,

Is the phone of Android 4.* or older version? If so, that would be the cause of the trouble. [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/28991"]Hearthstone does require at least Android 5.0[/url] to work properly. There are security features that older version of Android do not support that are needed to ensure proper security of the App and the accounts. If the phone is able to I do recommend updating to Android 5.0.

Here's the problem with that.

Some carriers don't give updates. I've got Straight Talk with AT&T on a Samsung Galaxy S4. It's perfectly capable of running the latest Android but apparently different carriers have slightly different updates so it has to be your carrier themselves who updates you. And some carriers don't do updates.

I know, I was surprised too, how freakin' lazy! I didn't think I'd have to make sure my carrier would provide something that should so obviously be a standard feature, if not a legal requirement. That's like going to a restaurant and finding out they don't provide napkins. But apparently, yes, because carriers are so selfish about locking your phone, we can't just have one "android update" that works on all of them.

Anyway, because of this I've already been muscled out of apps I've paid money into like Hulu. And when you make your software only compatible with 5.0, you're preventing a lot of potential customers from accessing it. Can you please consider removing this change? I'm kinda skeptical that the security update is really necessary. I've been running 4.3 for a while now and I've been fine.

If not that, would you please consider releasing a separate version for people stuck on 4.3 that's cross-compatible with 5.0 people? It's not like the security update helps us any, since we're stuck here anyway. I think a lot of people in this thread are stuck in the same situation, if their carriers are as averse to hard work as mine is.
Same problem and so annoying!! I would like to know why it suggests going on a cache version of google, what exactly I that supposed to do to help?

I have tried logging into battlenet via Google then going back to the app and still having the problem.....

Please fix, I can't afford a newer tablet.....
We'd still like some kind of reply to our query if possible, whether it's a yes or no. I'd just like to know I've been heard.

Would you please consider reverting the "5.0 or higher" security check or releasing a less secure version for people stuck with older phones? We're consenting adults, I think we can make decisions about the risks we want to take for ourselves, we don't need our developers nannying us. We've been loyal Hearthstone customers for years and I don't feel it's right to retroactively make our tech obsolete to the game when it wasn't before. If I bought into the game with this phone, it should still work on this phone now.

I mean, people would go into conniptions if Halo 5 released a patch that made it incompatible with Xbox One. Imagine living in the 90's and one day your Pokemon Red tells you that Gameboy Color isn't powerful enough and starts demanding you need to go out and buy the Gameboy Advance or it won't let you play anymore. I'm pretty sure your parents would be pissed that your game was sticking them up for more money, they'd start their own "Concerned" group and get on the news to complain.

We wouldn't let our console games do that to us, so why is it acceptable for cell phone and PC games? PLEASE consider fixing this for us.
News from december 2018 still not fixed
Same problem for me as well. It's a shame you are treating your customers like this Blizzard. If this doesn't work I doubt I'll be playing any more HS at all, since I don't likely intend to play on my PC anymore, but I would consider coming back from time to time if mobile was available. It is quite unfair that you are making your products obsolete for older devices.