Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 113 114 115 184 Next
12/10/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Right
Oh look.

Thanks for the bump. Strange how someone so opposed to the mere existence of this thread continues to chronically bump it. Oh well... happy to have your contribution.
Good morning Jesse,
Anything new on the auto-squelch front from the dev team? I know things were a bit busy with the launch, but maybe now that things are slowing down going into the holidays, I was hoping it might be a could time to prod the dev team for that updated response we've been waiting for. Thanks, and happy holidays!

inb4: the usual suspects complaining about the thread
12/18/2018 08:02 AMPosted by autosquelch
Good morning Jesse,
Anything new on the auto-squelch front from the dev team? I know things were a bit busy with the launch, but maybe now that things are slowing down going into the holidays, I was hoping it might be a could time to prod the dev team for that updated response we've been waiting for. Thanks, and happy holidays!

So sad.

Usual suspects bumping the thread...

And before you say "Well SO R U!" ...really... I'm not...

Replying 9 mins after a previous post isn't bumping, try again.
12/18/2018 08:02 AMPosted by autosquelch
Good morning Jesse,

Asking for an update every week is immensely disrespectful to both the CM and dev teams who answered your question long ago.
Bumping threads is important to let devs still know we care about implementing this. The only other alternative is to start multiple entirely new threads, but then people will say there is already a thread devoted to this topic and should be posted there instead. -- With all the non-interactive, solitaire, combo and face decks that exist now which completely ignore what the opponent is doing, I don't see why we can't also ignore the opponent's annoying emotes as well.
12/18/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Mand

Asking for an update every week is immensely disrespectful to both the CM and dev teams who answered your question long ago.

Asking devs to implement this change for almost 5 years now is immensely disrespectful to the thousands of players who have answered their question long ago about if we want auto-squelch.
Wanting a thing is not the sole prerequisite to getting a thing.
12/18/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Right
So sad

Don't feel sad. It's a time of joy. Be merry! Eat cookies!

Here's a great recipe from Gemma Stafford. Enjoy!!

3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
18 mins
Total Time
28 mins

Enjoy buttery and delicious Shortbread Cookies with my easy 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies recipe for all of the flavor with less of the fuss.

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings: 30 -35
Calories: 71 kcal
Author: Gemma Stafford
Ingredients
1 cup ( 8oz/240g) ) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (2oz/60g)) powdered sugar, sifted
2 cups (10oz/300g)) all purpose flour

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350o F (180oC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by two inch log.
Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into 3/4 inch thick rounds. Place each round on your baking trey and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Once cool the cookies can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
12/18/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Mand
Asking for an update every week is immensely disrespectful

No it's not.

dev teams who answered your question long ago.

Yes. Long long ago. The one dev comment is approaching 5 years old. Nothing current from the dev team. All we've gotten from the devs, through Jesse, is a "No Comment" comment. No fault to Jesse, of course, as he is still trying to get something fresh for us. I don't see the harm (or disrespect) in occasionally asking if there's anything new to report. Obviously we'd have to agree to disagree on that point. And that's ok. Have a cookie. I promise... by the time to finish eating it, you'll feel as right as rain.
He asked. They, the devs, said no. What will it take for you to accept it?

At this point it seems like it goes far beyond a feature request for a card game, and you proving yourself right for the sake of validating your identity, as evidenced by your namechange.
haha because a thread 114 pages long being bumped for half a year is not evidence enough for you. why does it matter exactly what percentage of the players want it. type auto-squelch into the search and there are 1,600 posts referencing it. this isn't even taking into account all the people on reddit asking for the same thing, and all the players that aren't active on any forum. Auto-squelch is very simple to implement and only negatively effects the annoying emote spammers, which are a negative impact on the game anyway so why cater to the wishes of the a-holes.
It matters because development resources are finite, and there are other reasons to not implement it. Reasons you’ve been told and subsequently ignored, but reasons nonetheless.

Quantity of posts from the same handful of people is not an argument, only a sign of extreme stubbornness.

They are allowed to give final answers.
12/18/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Mand
It matters because development resources are finite, and there are other reasons to not implement it. Reasons you’ve been told and subsequently ignored, but reasons nonetheless.

Quantity of posts from the same handful of people is not an argument, only a sign of extreme stubbornness.

They are allowed to give final answers.

Don't think resources have anything to do with the matter. And if they somehow miraculously are, me or someone else would be more than willing to code it for free.

Also we'd like to see a big red post by devs to say and confirm yes or no and why. It's been a while, people need a reminder. Ignoring your playerbase is a sign of extreme stubbornness. One might say.

They are allowed final answers, but they've not given one. Or if they have, point me to the source.
"development resources" haahahahahh what like an entire afternoon for one guy hahahaahha. 1,600 different posts in the search results are all "the same handful of people." hahaahha. if you aren't already a paid blizzard shill here to promote positive attitudes towards blizzard, then you really should be with how much your fan-boy bias defends a company that can do no wrong in your eyes.
12/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by irie
"development resources" haahahahahh what like an entire afternoon for one guy hahahaahha. 1,600 different posts in the search results are all "the same handful of people." hahaahha. if you aren't already a paid blizzard shill here to promote positive attitudes towards blizzard, then you really should be with how much your fan-boy bias defends a company that can do no wrong in your eyes.

OK, fine. They have the resources. You win.

So what does that really MEAN?

They don't think it's necessary, they don't want to, get over it.