Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 114 115 116 184 Next
12/18/2018 08:02 AMPosted by autosquelch
Good morning Jesse,
Anything new on the auto-squelch front from the dev team? I know things were a bit busy with the launch, but maybe now that things are slowing down going into the holidays, I was hoping it might be a could time to prod the dev team for that updated response we've been waiting for. Thanks, and happy holidays!

inb4: the usual suspects complaining about the thread

Reported for spamming.
12/18/2018 08:34 AMPosted by autosquelch
Don't feel sad. It's a time of joy. Be merry! Eat cookies!

Here's a great recipe from Gemma Stafford. Enjoy!!

Hoy thanks!

I may dissagree with your position, but biscuits are always good ^_^
12/18/2018 08:02 AMPosted by autosquelch
Good morning Jesse,
Anything new on the auto-squelch front from the dev team?

Good morning,

I just talked with them again recently and there is still no plan to implement auto-squelch. It is still not something they want to do.

However, I did bring up the main concern that has been presented here and that is how squelch works on mobile. Essentially about how you will need to squelch an opponent repeatedly every time you disconnect, get a call, etc.. This is definitely not ideal and has been moved over to QA to find out what all is going on and looking into getting that changed.

12/18/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Right
So sad.

Usual suspects bumping the thread...

It's not sad. As I have stated before, this thread is to discuss this topic. If six months go by, I would much rather someone continue the conversation in this one thread than open new ones and defeat the purpose of me combining these in the first place. I purposely call out this thread in the "Common Topics" thread for this reason as well.

I removed some comments as well. If you feel dropping insults is the best way to get a response or a request recognized, I would ask that you rethink your strat. Those who continue to leave positive feedback, discuss their experiences as a reason for "why" and contribute to the conversation will always be taken much more serious, while the others will be removed.

On that same note, discussing your opinion on either side of the fence is welcome. However, belittling someone who doesn't agree with you or trying to take away from their experience and feedback is also not welcomed. I try to allow folks to speak freely, but it has now come to some posting just to diminish another's contributions to the conversation. If you are doing this, please take this as your final warning as I will be looking to action posters moving forward.

12/18/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Right
Source?

And what percentage are these "thousands" of the total playerbase?

I do not agree with the approach, but I don't disagree with the sentiment. Please only speak for yourselves, as that is all you can accurately represent.

12/18/2018 08:53 AMPosted by autosquelch
is a "No Comment" comment.

To clarify, there was never a "No Comment" comment. What I have said is that Dev's stance on the matter has not changed. There is still no plans to implement auto-squelch. What I said I would ask for is reasoning.

12/18/2018 09:06 AMPosted by irie
haha because a thread 114 pages long being bumped for half a year is not evidence enough for you.

The 114 pages you reference also includes those who are against this. When trying to use something like this as part of the argument, please keep in mind that not all your references support your case.

12/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Grumphy
Ignoring your playerbase is a sign of extreme stubbornness.

Giving an answer someone does not want to hear and not giving any answer are not the same thing.
06/22/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
There was an answer given and the stance has remained the same. Not changing due to whatever reason is not the matter being ignored. It is maintaining a stance on a topic.

This is one of the times I have referenced this as well from this thread. There are several here as well as a few within the other topics referenced.

12/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by irie
"development resources" haahahahahh what like an entire afternoon for one guy

Adding multiple "haha" to a comment does not help to show you understand it. I have posted on this topic within this thread. Please take a few moments to check it out. There is more that goes into implementing a feature than just putting in the code.

12/18/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Morthasa
Hoy thanks!

I may dissagree with your position, but biscuits are always good ^_^

Agreed. May try these out myself :D

I am open to discuss anything mentioned here, but please keep in mind that any attempt at being snide, dropping insults or just being disrespectful will most likely result in your comment being removed. I am keeping this open to have a civil conversation on the matter. As long as it remains that way, I will respond on what I can.

Thanks!
@Jesse Hill

Why do they not want to implement it? It seems so utterly, blatantly obvious to me....
Jesse,

Begging, spamming and bumping are ok?

Adding nothing new to the discussion to simply put the topic on the front page is cool?

Being the last post in the thread and days later being the NEXT post in the thread is not bumping and a violation of the COC?

But telling people to quit bumping and respect YOUR comments gets deleted because it's "insulting"?

Know whats insulting?

Spamming bumping and adding nothing to the conversation while exaggerating "facts" and begging and crying and claiming the company YOU WORK FOR doesn't care!??

I'd remove those.

But go ahead, keep deleting my posts, action me, FOR DEFENDING YOU.

That's cool.

#whinerswin
And your sugestión is... Let this thread fue hidden in old pages so people go and do new ones? If jesse is not against it must be because is a good way of keeping all the feedback in a single blue thread instead of jumping different threads, get it? If you cannot avoid the only big blue "autosquelch thread" in the forum, then imagine when a lot more start jumping because the oficial one got lost
My suggestion is... if I have to follow the COC then so does everyone else.

You know who bumps this thread, you know they haven't added any new ideas.

"Hey, psst, just checking if you changed your mind from 24 hours ago!"

Is not constructive, helpful or insightful.

"Still want it!!"

"HOW COME BLIZZARD IGNORES US!!!???"

Come on. Stop trying to defend poor behavior.

We get it.

"An option to have squelch be always on would alleviate the monotonous chore of pressing it manually every match to ensure the player does not become irritated by the opponents emotes which can be perceived as bad manners would be a welcome addition to the game. It would also prevent mobile phone users from having to reactivate it when the games connection is interrupted."

There. Copy and paste that every 12 hours.
To clarify, there was never a "No Comment" comment. What I have said is that Dev's stance on the matter has not changed. There is still no plans to implement auto-squelch. What I said I would ask for is reasoning.

Yes. My apologies if I wasn't clear. On the question of "IF", the answer was clearly given as "Not at this time, but it is a topic that gets discussed." On the question of "WHY NOT?", we are eagerly awaiting that reasoning you are attempting to collect from the dev team. I'd even go a step further and ask why, after all this time, aren't they offering a reason? (Beyond the 5 year old tweet, that is). Anyway, I'm still hoping you can get that updated response soon. Thanks for your post. I'll try to be sure I do my best to keep the discussion at a higher level. And I'm glad you realize my occasional prods regarding updated developer response intend no disrespect. I know you are trying to help us. Thank you for what you are trying to do.

Have a cookie.
I'd rather have to dev team working on something more useful in my eyes like the ability to watch replays for exemple.
But sure why not, I don't see any reason to be against that.
You’ve been given WHY NOT before, then denied it was given. Why should they believe you’d accept the reasons this time?
12/18/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Mand
WHY NOT before

The WHY NOT before was a reference to a 5 year old comment. What Jesse is seeking, and what we are eagerly awaiting, is a fresh updated reasoning from the current dev team. It's not a matter of accepting the reason. It's a matter of knowing their reasoning and how that moves the discussion.
12/18/2018 01:08 PMPosted by NyCkiTT
I'd rather have to dev team working on something more useful in my eyes like the ability to watch replays for exemple.

No reason those two game improvements have to be mutually exclusive. I would support the idea of replays and I'd love to see you suggest it in a fresh thread. I'd upvote it.

12/18/2018 01:08 PMPosted by NyCkiTT
sure why not, I don't see any reason to be against that.

Thanks for the support. I suspect most people are in the "Sure, why not" camp.
12/18/2018 02:08 PMPosted by autosquelch
12/18/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Mand
WHY NOT before

The WHY NOT before was a reference to a 5 year old comment. What Jesse is seeking, and what we are eagerly awaiting, is a fresh updated reasoning from the current dev team. It's not a matter of accepting the reason. It's a matter of knowing their reasoning and how that moves the discussion.

No it isn’t. Subsequent reasons have been given over the past year and even in this thread. To say that the only reason is in the tweet is a lie, and we cannot have a productive discussion if you’re lying.
Hearthstone developer team should be ashamed of themselves. A checkbox like "Fullscreen" or "Allow friends to spectate my games" in the options menu that says "In-game emotes disabled" is so monumentally hard to implement (/s). It does not matter if people are for or against it. It is one and down deal. There won't be riots if this checkbox is there, new players won't be confused. It is amazing how such small a QoL feature won't be added to the menu.

Rumble / Dungeon run were added to the game and nobody asked for them. I am sure they took more than one person more than one month to implement. A checkbox like the one stated above must be easier, surely.

I don't know why I am even surprised. Adding more deck slots to the game (aka converting basic decks to custom decks) took 2 years of "hard" planning, 100 implementations, bug testing, re-design, team meetings and feasibility studies.

I just don't see the point of Us, the players supporting Activision-Blizzard by purchasing Hearthstone packs and bundles, it nothing ever changes in their design philosophy. The cycle of the game after Hearthstone Beta has been the same. Does it make money: if yes implement it, if no just repeat PR babble: "It's on our radar/We will consider it/ We have discussions about it".
Right - my dude. I see types of responses like this in other threads and it tends to be due to misunderstanding what my mindset. As with the other threads, I'll try to explain to give some better context.

12/18/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Right
Begging, spamming and bumping are ok?

I haven't seen any begging so to speak. I don't feel what is happening here is spamming either, for the most part. Most comments that are the same are in relation to the conversation being had, in which they are repeating themselves as part of that conversation.

Being the last post in the thread and days later being the NEXT post in the thread is not bumping and a violation of the COC?

In this situation, it toes a line and is a bit case by case. If someone was making a snide comment, then returning to keep up with that, sure. If someone asks a question, then comments to follow-up, depending on the context and the amount of time, it could just be that person honestly looking for info. I know it blurs in this conversation as info has been provided and I'll look to address those things better when I can.

But telling people to quit bumping and respect YOUR comments gets deleted because it's "insulting"?

That isn't what happened here. I don't know if you recall, but earlier on in this thread there was an instance where I removed one of your comments, but not the comment of the person who was quoting and going after you. You asked me about that and said "then why not just delete them both?" <-- I have actually implemented that since then. When two individuals are arguing, I remove both the comments. The unfortunate side to that is, any valid info gets removed as well. This is why I have asked many times before to keep the snide and disrespectful comments out of replies, as it can lead to the entire thing being removed. I'm not saying your comment was either of those things. I am saying it was the continuation of an argument between two people, so I removed both comments to end it. That's it.

But go ahead, keep deleting my posts, action me

I haven't actioned you to my knowledge and if I remove a post, it is usually due to the reason I covered above. That goes for all posters though.

#whinerswin

This is the type of comment I am talking about. It doesn't do anything but spark content and arguments with others.

12/18/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Right
Is not constructive, helpful or insightful.

Perhaps not to you, but talking about the matter at hand may prove very helpful to another. As long as someone is being civil and are on topic, they can talk about what they want.

12/18/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Right
"HOW COME BLIZZARD IGNORES US!!!???"

I address this comment when it is made.

12/18/2018 02:08 PMPosted by autosquelch
The WHY NOT before was a reference to a 5 year old comment.

The "why not" Mand is referring to is "this is not something Team 5 wants to add to the game at this time". I have mentioned this before and some have asked for additional info or more specifics. I have sent that request to Team 5. Currently, they have nothing more to add, but I am keeping the topic fresh for them, so if additional info becomes available, I will deliver it.

12/18/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Mand
we cannot have a productive discussion if you’re lying.

I think "lying" is the wrong word here. For sake of argument and to allow the conversation to progress, I would ask that these situations are seeing as an individual missing what was said previously and isn't intentionally trying to deceive anyone. There has been a lot said in this thread, so it is fully possible something was missed.

Paf - I removed that comment to just avoid any back and forth as I think some would focus on how it was said, and not what was said.

I hope this clarifies some points and gives some insight into any actions or comments made. Per usual, if something doesn't make sense or you would like to discuss it, ask and I will reply when I can.

Thanks!
Thanks for your comments Jesse. Keep up the good work.

On the other hand I do wonder if devs themselves play the game, you know, besides testing. Like in either standard or wild ranked and if or how often do they squelch the opponent. I think that's an interesting question. Haven't they ever been frustrated by the game/opponent? Don't really expect an answer to that, but hey, you never know.
12/18/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Zarx
12/18/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
Right - my dude.

How old are you ? 20-30 ? you act like a child ...

As long as someone is being civil and are on topic, they can talk about what they want.