Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 123 124 125 184 Next
01/03/2019 05:22 AMPosted by Shelzin
I don't think they changed it because it was used for BM. I think they changed it because to apologize in a competitive game didn't make any sense.

Hah. Yeah right. And thanking the opponent makes much sense?

Yes.... "Well played"... "Thank you"

Or saying "wow". Or any other emote in that matter.

We disagree then. Because that makes logical sense.

If the reasoning is that Hearthstone is "competitive". Sorry was used pretty much exclusively to BM. Quite like saying "Hello" at the end of the game. How do you resopond to that? With "Thanks"?

If the emotes are used to BM I rope them.

But I can come up with a time where the emotes aren't BM for every one of them that's left... I never could for "Sorry"
Can we get this, soon please.
06/21/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Rahn
Just put it into the game so we don't have to see these threads anymore.

01/03/2019 02:49 PMPosted by Shelzin

So you're BMing them back? Makes sense.. I bet someone has used an emote against you not BMing and you took it as BM because you were mad and roped them.. You're worse than people who emote to BM.
01/03/2019 07:25 PMPosted by Degno

So you're BMing them back? Makes sense.. I bet someone has used an emote against you not BMing and you took it as BM because you were mad and roped them.. You're worse than people who emote to BM.
I think there is a little too much ambiguity in the emote system in this game.
01/03/2019 08:36 AMPosted by Right
at·mos·phere
/ˈatməsˌfir/Submit

the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, or work of art.
"the hotel is famous for its friendly, welcoming atmosphere"
synonyms: ambience, air, mood, feel, feeling, character, tone, tenor, aura, quality, undercurrent, flavor; informalvibe
"the hotel has a relaxed atmosphere"

Real quick.

Everyone can agree that emotes have affected the "atmosphere" of the game for some people. Granted.

So, logically, if emotes affect the atmosphere by their presence then their absence will affect the atmosphere.

So saying " Having AS won't affect anyone" is really false.

This would be the case if squelch or AS in a program werent a thing, but they exist, ergo your argument falls there
- When emote are disable, brightness adverse hero is also disable.
- When mana adverse is 0 and he can't play something else, turn end automatically.

Bonus :
Barnes costs ==> 7 mana,
Coldlight Oracle ==> 5 mana
at·mos·phere
/ˈatməsˌfir/Submit

synonyms: ambience, air, mood, feel, feeling, character, tone, tenor, aura, quality, undercurrent, flavor; informalvibe

Real quick.

Everyone can agree that emotes have affected the "atmosphere" of the game for some people. Granted.

So, logically, if emotes affect the atmosphere by their presence then their absence will affect the atmosphere.

Won't affect anyone not using it. It would positively affect people who prefer the feature. Players not using the A-S can still emote, just the opponent who has A-S on, does not have to Squelch manually each time to avoid the emotes.

Auto-Squelch does not restrict other player in any way.

One side is free to enjoy unwanted emote free atmosphere and the other side can spam emotes to their hearts content. Overall better experience for everyone.

Hah. Yeah right. And thanking the opponent makes much sense?

Or saying "wow". Or any other emote in that matter.

If the reasoning is that Hearthstone is "competitive". Sorry was used pretty much exclusively to BM. Quite like saying "Hello" at the end of the game. How do you resopond to that? With "Thanks"?

But I can come up with a time where the emotes aren't BM for every one of them that's left... I never could for "Sorry"

I don't think a "Well played" emote on turn six, just before lethal, warrants a "Thank you" as much as a "Drop dead" emote. Pretty hard to rope that one too.

"Wow" is pretty much used only after a ridiculous RNG swing that was not in your favour and therefore sounds like rubbing it in, rather than the opponent "sympathising" with a "Sorry" emote.
01/03/2019 07:25 PMPosted by Degno

It's possible. But I don't normally rope unless they spam the emotes. But I also don't claim to be better either.

Edit: Actually... To be fully transparent... I've said this before but you do make a great point, and I'll say it again in this thread...

I ENJOY being a jerk to other jerks. I LIKE to bully other bullies. If someone is out to hurt someone else just to do it, I want to hurt them. I have a mean streak, and I try very hard not to direct it toward people who don't mean anyone any harm.

So yes... I absolutely rope BM'ers. Don't BM, you have nothing to fear from me.
01/04/2019 04:51 AMPosted by Grumphy

I don't think a "Well played" emote on turn six, just before lethal, warrants a "Thank you" as much as a "Drop dead" emote. Pretty hard to rope that one too.

"Wow" is pretty much used only after a ridiculous RNG swing that was not in your favour and therefore sounds like rubbing it in, rather than the opponent "sympathising" with a "Sorry" emote.

I'm not arguing that any of the emotes can't be used for BM. I appreciate you quoting me then responding... But you should actually respond to the quote.
01/04/2019 04:39 AMPosted by Grumphy
at·mos·phere
/ˈatməsˌfir/Submit

Real quick.

Won't affect anyone not using it. It would positively affect people who prefer the feature. Players not using the A-S can still emote, just the opponent who has A-S on, does not have to Squelch manually each time to avoid the emotes.

One side is free to enjoy unwanted emote free atmosphere and the other side can spam emotes to their hearts content. Overall better experience for everyone.

That's your opinion.

Group A Squelches Every match and are antisocial by admission.

Group B is friendly Social enjoys using emotes respectfully.

Group C doesn't care one way or the other.

Group D Bm's and is the reason people manually squelch

If you add AS you will make the manual act easier and these populations will shift.

My opinion is that Groups A and D are influencers affecting B and C and pollute the overall "atmosphere" of the game to a "silent treatment" antisocial cesspool. (more so than Group A is already making it)
Shudderwock got less attention and got nerfed.

Cant add a simple option...AN OPTION...for players to chose Autosquelch if they like. Its kind of like reversed Bad Manners that we will make. you click on every opponent t the beginning of the match in order to squelch them.
01/04/2019 06:20 AMPosted by Right
01/04/2019 04:39 AMPosted by Grumphy

That's your opinion.

If you add AS you will make the manual act easier and these populations will shift.

My opinion is that Groups A and D are influencers affecting B and C and pollute the overall "atmosphere" of the game to a "silent treatment" antisocial cesspool. (more so than Group A is already making it)

This is also an opinion, except the guy you're responding to didn't make up some BS social theory about where people fit in an emote group matrix and try to masquerade it off as fact.

Anyway, it'd be nice if someone from blizzard would Sack Up and just admit they're never going to implement autosquelch. Yes, it is the right thing to do, both from a design perspective and just a human decency perspective, but they won't because it might effect their sale of hero portraits. They could just admit it and we can all move on.
12/18/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
12/18/2018 08:02 AMPosted by autosquelch
Good morning Jesse,
Anything new on the auto-squelch front from the dev team?

Good morning,

I just talked with them again recently and there is still no plan to implement auto-squelch. It is still not something they want to do.

However, I did bring up the main concern that has been presented here and that is how squelch works on mobile. Essentially about how you will need to squelch an opponent repeatedly every time you disconnect, get a call, etc.. This is definitely not ideal and has been moved over to QA to find out what all is going on and looking into getting that changed.

12/18/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Right
So sad.

Usual suspects bumping the thread...

It's not sad. As I have stated before, this thread is to discuss this topic. If six months go by, I would much rather someone continue the conversation in this one thread than open new ones and defeat the purpose of me combining these in the first place. I purposely call out this thread in the "[url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20765496440"]Common Topics[/url]" thread for this reason as well.

I removed some comments as well. If you feel dropping insults is the best way to get a response or a request recognized, I would ask that you rethink your strat. Those who continue to leave positive feedback, discuss their experiences as a reason for "why" and contribute to the conversation will always be taken much more serious, while the others will be removed.

On that same note, discussing your opinion on either side of the fence is welcome. However, belittling someone who doesn't agree with you or trying to take away from their experience and feedback is also not welcomed. I try to allow folks to speak freely, but it has now come to some posting just to diminish another's contributions to the conversation. If you are doing this, please take this as your final warning as I will be looking to action posters moving forward.

12/18/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Right
Source?

And what percentage are these "thousands" of the total playerbase?

I do not agree with the approach, but I don't disagree with the sentiment. Please only speak for yourselves, as that is all you can accurately represent.

12/18/2018 08:53 AMPosted by autosquelch
is a "No Comment" comment.

To clarify, there was never a "No Comment" comment. What I have said is that Dev's stance on the matter has not changed. There is still no plans to implement auto-squelch. What I said I would ask for is reasoning.

12/18/2018 09:06 AMPosted by irie
haha because a thread 114 pages long being bumped for half a year is not evidence enough for you.

The 114 pages you reference also includes those who are against this. When trying to use something like this as part of the argument, please keep in mind that not all your references support your case.

12/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Grumphy
Ignoring your playerbase is a sign of extreme stubbornness.

Giving an answer someone does not want to hear and not giving any answer are not the same thing.
06/22/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
There was an answer given and the stance has remained the same. Not changing due to whatever reason is not the matter being ignored. It is maintaining a stance on a topic.

This is one of the times I have referenced this as well from this thread. There are several here as well as a few within the other topics referenced.

12/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by irie
"development resources" haahahahahh what like an entire afternoon for one guy

Adding multiple "haha" to a comment does not help to show you understand it. I have posted on this topic within this thread. Please take a few moments to check it out. There is more that goes into implementing a feature than just putting in the code.

12/18/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Morthasa
Hoy thanks!

I may dissagree with your position, but biscuits are always good ^_^

Agreed. May try these out myself :D

I am open to discuss anything mentioned here, but please keep in mind that any attempt at being snide, dropping insults or just being disrespectful will most likely result in your comment being removed. I am keeping this open to have a civil conversation on the matter. As long as it remains that way, I will respond on what I can.

Thanks!
01/04/2019 08:30 AMPosted by SunGazer
01/04/2019 06:20 AMPosted by Right

That's your opinion.

This is also an opinion, except the guy you're responding to didn't make up some BS social theory about where people fit in an emote group matrix and try to masquerade it off as fact.

Anyway, it'd be nice if someone from blizzard would Sack Up and just admit they're never going to implement autosquelch. Yes, it is the right thing to do, both from a design perspective and just a human decency perspective, but they won't because it might effect their sale of hero portraits. They could just admit it and we can all move on.

Yes... the groupings are my opinion, as I perceive them, I figured that was implied... ANYWAY....

I re posted your requested answer, it's up to you to read and comprehend it.

IT'S STILL NOT SOMETHING THEY WANT TO DO (as of dec 18th)
"I just talked with them again recently and there is still no plan to implement auto-squelch. It is still not something they want to do. "

I just don't understand how people don't understand this is polite "no".

Crazy Person : "Hey McDonalds manager, I came in last week and asked for a free Big Mac and you didn't give me one. How about today?"

Manager: "There is still no plan to give you a free Big Mac. It is still not something I want to do"

Crazy Person: " So what are you saying?"
"To clarify, there was never a "No Comment" comment. What I have said is that Dev's stance on the matter has not changed. There is still no plans to implement auto-squelch. What I said I would ask for is reasoning."

We're aware they're not interested, but, as been stated many times over and over as well, is that we'd like the reason why. And it was kind of sort of promised that we'd get that explanation.

I actually used "Sorry" for the times I accidentally forgot to end my turn and ended up inadvertently roping my opponent. Oops doesn't always express that ("How can this be" does not really state "Ooops, my bad, didn't mean to rope you").
01/04/2019 09:41 AMPosted by Grumphy
"To clarify, there was never a "No Comment" comment. What I have said is that Dev's stance on the matter has not changed. There is still no plans to implement auto-squelch. What I said I would ask for is reasoning."

We're aware they're not interested, but, as been stated many times over and over as well, is that we'd like the reason why. And it was kind of sort of promised that we'd get that explanation.

Correct.

And many "of you" have stated that no reason will be acceptable.
01/04/2019 10:04 AMPosted by Right
01/04/2019 09:41 AMPosted by Grumphy

Correct.

And many "of you" have stated that no reason will be acceptable.

Doesn't mean we don't want to hear the explanation. We're still somewhat reasonable in that regard. At least there would be some piece of mind and we can move on. Atm it's just standstill.