Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 126 127 128 146 Next
01/07/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Paf
01/07/2019 07:53 AMPosted by Immortal
A few thousand more "it's simple and Blizzard is mean" posts should do the trick. Even the most evil megacorps could not withstand ten people posting the same thing over and over.

These people know what they are doing they've been doing it all their lives to their parents and their teachers. When they don't get what they want they throw a fit until these people cave in and give them what they want. They do not understand the word no it will not accept no for an answer.

Nope. Not even close.
01/07/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Paf
01/07/2019 07:53 AMPosted by Immortal
A few thousand more "it's simple and Blizzard is mean" posts should do the trick. Even the most evil megacorps could not withstand ten people posting the same thing over and over.

These people know what they are doing they've been doing it all their lives to their parents and their teachers. When they don't get what they want they throw a fit until these people cave in and give them what they want. They do not understand the word no it will not accept no for an answer.
Now the fact that I am addressing these people's behavior doesn't change their previous Behavior which in itself is a violation of the COC but my identifying their behavior is probably a violation in itself.
It would be like me being in a bank and saying hey look over there it's a bank robber with a gun! And then getting in trouble for calling the bank robber a bank robber

Hope i never see you again in a post about nerfed cards and how to revert them or about nerfing cards because like i said before, is easy to be hypocrite and nitpick which posts are a bad thing to claim but when you do it you are in a very noble fight right? Under your own terms, you are no better than the people you are claiming here so, let them ask what they want in peace, if you have a trouble about the people asking for a feature that doesnt affect you, then you have a big problem.

It CAN mean that, but it probably meant “good game” in the same way that people have been saying at the end of competitive activities for decades.

I think you’re the issue in that particular exchange. Why assume the worst, every time?

Yes, you are right, because always when people are with their friends they say hello right after they leave or in the middle of the conversation, right?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Now the fact that I am addressing these people's behavior doesn't change their previous Behavior which in itself is a violation of the COC but my identifying their behavior is probably a violation in itself.
It would be like me being in a bank and saying hey look over there it's a bank robber with a gun! And then getting in trouble for calling the bank robber a bank robber

Hope i never see you again in a post about nerfed cards and how to revert them or about nerfing cards because like i said before, is easy to be hypocrite and nitpick which posts are a bad thing to claim but when you do it you are in a very noble fight right? Under your own terms, you are no better than the people you are claiming here so, let them ask what they want in peace, if you have a trouble about the people asking for a feature that doesnt affect you, then you have a big problem.

It CAN mean that, but it probably meant “good game” in the same way that people have been saying at the end of competitive activities for decades.

I think you’re the issue in that particular exchange. Why assume the worst, every time?

Yes, you are right, because always when people are with their friends they say hello right after they leave or in the middle of the conversation, right?

If you can comprehend the diffrence between...

"This card is terrible, it doesn't even function correctly in a deck, it really should have been designed "this way"". One and done thread talking about how garbage the card is...

And the difference between...

"But why! its sooo easy, weve been asking for 4 years!!! but why!!! but why!!! but why1!!!!"

When I perform the latter, you can bully and gloat all you want. In the meantime, don't associate me with these people.
01/05/2019 12:46 PMPosted by Monlyth
Well, I had a rather long-winded reply to Right's most recent comment, but seeing as that was abruptly deleted, I can see where Jesse stands on this.

If you're going to silence those who disagree with your stance, then this is not a thread for discussing auto-squelch; this is a thread designed to put all of your critics in one place so you can more easily silence them.

I find this behavior disgusting, and it only confirms what I already knew; that the modern-day Blizzard is only a shadow of its former self that couldn't care less about what its customers want, no matter how loyal they may be.

If you're not going to respect my opinions, Jesse, I'm not going to respect yours. It's clear that Blizzard is simply too lazy to add auto-squelch to the game, even though there's a large group of players that would appreciate it, because they don't care about what their customers want. They only care about money.

So I'll just say goodbye to this farce of a thread, since Jesse is not interested in holding an actual debate. I'll just have to wait until the popular streamers complain about it enough for Blizzard to actually listen.

I wasn't on the forums over the weekend....

It looks like you edited your post multiple times and attempted to post it several times. It was marked as spam by the filter and hidden. I have removed the spam tag from it.

This is something others have experienced and something that I cover here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20765496440#post-2

Please look into these matters rather just assuming and accusing. As long as posters have been posting in a civil matter and within the Code of Conduct, I haven't been stepping in. I'm not sure why you would think I would remove a single specific post.
01/05/2019 11:59 AMPosted by Monlyth
I honestly find it offensive that you consider introverted behavior to be bad for society in general. Introverts can be very productive, intelligent people, and they actively avoid the types of shallow, impersonal relationships that social media tends to produce. Instead, they seek to have a handful of deep relationships with people that they actually know and trust.

I'm an introvert. That's a fair characterization of me.

So if you consider it rude to squelch your opponent, I would say that it's extremely rude and presumptuous to dictate how and when people should socialize, and to force people to socialize even when they don't want to, and they're playing a game with almost no social features. Social interaction should not be forced. People should always be able to choose how much they socialize, where they socialize, and for how long. If I really wanted to socialize while playing a card game, I'd add people to my Friends list or go to a Fireside Gathering or play a tabletop card game at my local tabletop gaming store.

To be fair, maybe this game isn't for you... Goose and gander and all of that. Right?

I have the right to avoid social interactions if I don't feel like socializing. Saying that I'm harming society and forcing me to socialize even when I don't want to is sanctimonious arrogance of the highest degree, and infringes upon my rights as an American.

I agree with everything you say here until you think that Blizzard has somehow infringed on your rights as an American. They have done no such thing and that hyperbole really is unnecessary and harmful to the pro AS stance.

I would suggest that the goal should be to get others to understand your stance, not change others to your stance. Of those two things, you only have *some* control over one of them.

You are a well spoken individual... But that only works for you without the hyperbole.
We should have the freedom to squelch or limit emotes to 1-2 a game.
I'm so fed up with the happy little kids who can't stay silent and emote sarcasticaly after winning. They affect my mindset and leave a negative effect on me which leads me not want to play any more, lose games etc..

You may tell me to "just squelch" but I forget to do so quite often because most people are staying silent. Then I start to recall squelching after an annoying child appears.

Also even if i squelch at the beginning, just cause I squelched, I start to think and notice they are doing that specific highlight on their heroes after doing a winning move and this still affects my mindset negatively.

So I just wanna have auto-squelch so I forget about squelch's existance and play worryless.

Please Jesse and Blizzard. Just please :(
01/07/2019 10:44 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Please look into these matters rather just assuming and accusing. As long as posters have been posting in a civil matter and within the Code of Conduct, I haven't been stepping in. I'm not sure why you would think I would remove a single specific post.
Well, it's hard for me, as a poster, to know the difference. Whether the spam filter ate it or a mod deleted it, the result is the same: the post disappears from the thread and is erased from my post history.

I apologize for the admittedly hostile tone of my previous post.
01/07/2019 05:30 PMPosted by Shelzin
I agree with everything you say here until you think that Blizzard has somehow infringed on your rights as an American. They have done no such thing and that hyperbole really is unnecessary and harmful to the pro AS stance.
Well, of course it's downright silly for me to say that Blizzard is infringing upon my rights as an American. This is their game and their forum; they ultimately make the rules.

I was more referring to Right's implication that I'm actively harming society if I choose not to socialize, and suggesting that people should be forced to socialize. I think that's a very arrogant attitude to have, and using those beliefs to justify the removal of the Squelch feature (or not adding the Auto-squelch feature) strikes me as ridiculous.

It seems to me like Right was just doing some mental gymnastics in order to come up with a plausible reason why he doesn't want Auto-squelch to be added. As I said before, if real social interaction is what he wants, then he's come to the wrong place; Hearthstone hardly had any social features to begin with.
01/08/2019 03:59 AMPosted by lockwoodx
censor anything and everything

You seem to misunderstand what the auto-squelch supporters are requesting. We do not want to censor you. We are fine with you emoting to your heart's delight. All we are doing by squelching is making it so WE don't see the emotes. You will still see your own emotes. A toggle for auto-squelch would merely be a simple and convenient QoL improvement for the game to allow those who are always squelching anyway to automate the process and not have to manually squelch at the start of every match. It would not affect you at all. What do you find unreasonable about that, lockwoodx?
01/08/2019 05:05 AMPosted by lockwoodx
01/08/2019 04:58 AMPosted by autosquelch
You seem to misunderstand what the auto-squelch supporters are requesting. We do not want to censor you. We are fine with you emoting to your heart's delight. All we are doing by squelching is making it so WE don't see the emotes. You will still see your own emotes. A toggle for auto-squelch would merely be a simple and convenient QoL improvement for the game to allow those who are always squelching anyway to automate the process and not have to manually squelch at the start of every match. It would not affect you at all. What do you find unreasonable about that, lockwoodx?

I find it quite unreasonable you're trying to pass yourself off as a human being when things like "well played" trigger you so much. We (the adults) get it. Games are your escape. Your bubble-wrapped safe-space from evil things you don't want to see or hear. While Blizzard is at it, they need a BIG YELLOW STICKER right on the box warning users "Caution: May contain emotes."

There's no need for all the hostility. Squelch is in the game and all we'd like is to be able to set it and leave it on somehow. Yes, some people are far more sensitive to emotes than others.

I mean... it's just so reasonable and eloquent what you are saying.

It's simple, AND convenient!

And QOL! Who doesn't like QOL!

Seems weird Blizzard said ITS STILL NOT SOMETHING THEY WANT TO DO

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20765656397?page=115#post-2297

And please, stop saying it doesn't affect your opponent when you squelch them.

It absolutely does. Regardless of HOW it affects them, it affects them.

Making your current manual bad behavior automatic is still not something they want to do.
01/08/2019 05:05 AMPosted by lockwoodx

I find it quite unreasonable you're trying to pass yourself off as a human being when things like "well played" trigger you so much. We (the adults) get it. Games are your escape. Your bubble-wrapped safe-space from evil things you don't want to see or hear. While Blizzard is at it, they need a BIG YELLOW STICKER right on the box warning users "Caution: May contain emotes."

Here you go. from the ESRB site.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Platform: iOS, Macintosh, Mobile Phone, Windows PC, Windows Phone
Rating Category:
Content Descriptors: Alcohol Reference, Blood, Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (MAC, PC, Windows Phone, iOS)
Rating Summary: This is a fantasy card game, based on the World of Warcraft universe, in which players use decks of cards to engage in simulated combat. Battles are won by using each card's various traits to deplete the opponent's health. Several cards depict images of violence: characters using blades to stab/slash each other; characters impaled by arrows/blades. Some of these battle images depict drips or splashes of blood. A handful of cards depict female creatures in revealing outfits (e.g., large amounts of exposed cleavage).

Why isn't there a toggle to shut off cleavage?

OUTRAGE!!!!
01/08/2019 05:46 AMPosted by Right
And please, stop saying it doesn't affect your opponent when you squelch them.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that an auto-squelch toggle doesn't affect my opponent. I'm squelching you. The means by which you are squelched has no affect on you.

01/08/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Right
Why isn't there a toggle to shut off cleavage?

If you have an issue with the artwork on the cards, please make another thread to discuss it. It has no relevance here.

Plenty of people have told you, including myself. You then proceeded to ignore all of it and the claim that “nobody has ever given a counterargument.”

Please reconsider your tactics if you truly want this to be a discussion.