Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 139 140 141 184 Next
Just speaking from my perspective, the emotes falling off sounds like a connection issue on the users end. There's nothing Blizzard can do about that problem but Jesse has forwarded it to the appropriate department. If it were me having an issue with emotes, I would take action to solve the issue myself, especially considering it has been discussed for years. I'm not waiting four years for someone else to solve my problem.

I understand the position of those who want auto-squelch but I don't believe it applies to this game. Adding the feature would make it easy to turn on and leave on and I understand the devs concern on the impact that could have on emote usage.

Is the plug-in a problem? It depends on how many people use it and I doubt it is a large amount of people. This is all my speculation but I assume the devs can monitor the amount of squelching that happens in the game. They don't feel it's necessary to add it and my experience makes me feel it is unnecessary.
@Paf

Once again you are wrong as i never called him a name nor did I harass or anything you said.

i simply stated I had put him on Injured Reserve (a football term) and would bring him back in the future to the active roster MAYBE but doubtful.

You have some serious reading comprehension issues you should look at.
01/15/2019 03:31 PMPosted by Krickett1
@Paf

Once again you are wrong as i never called him a name nor did I harass or anything you said.

i simply stated I had put him on Injured Reserve (a football term) and would bring him back in the future to the active roster MAYBE but doubtful.

You have some serious reading comprehension issues you should look at.

It's a bad habit to directly call people out like that though and even though a lot of people get away with it it's still against the code of conduct just a friendly reminder
01/15/2019 03:24 PMPosted by Immortal
I understand the position of those who want auto-squelch but I don't believe it applies to this game.
Why does the pro-AS position "not apply" to this game? If it didn't apply to this game, we wouldn't be talking about it on a Hearthstone forum.
01/15/2019 03:24 PMPosted by Immortal
Adding the feature would make it easy to turn on and leave on and I understand the devs concern on the impact that could have on emote usage.
Why is emote usage so important to you? Why is a speech bubble and a 1-6 word voice line so integral to the game that you shouldn't be allowed to permanently disable it, no matter how much it annoys you?
They don't annoy me. They are the only form of communication in this multi player game unless you add someone as a friend. I have used emotes politely to help me add friends, which has had many benefits.
When I first started playing, I squelched every game for awhile but I changed my outlook and began to enjoy emotes.

It's a game for all ages and the devs seem to want to keep the interface fairly simple for that reason imo. I can ask the same question, why do emotes annoy you so much? Can't you simply change your perspective like I did? Can't you take control of your problem like I would?
01/15/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Monlyth
Why is emote usage so important to you? Why is a speech bubble and a 1-6 word voice line so integral to the game that you shouldn't be allowed to permanently disable it, no matter how much it annoys you?

Why is emote usage so deleterious to you? Why is a speech bubble and a 1-6 word voice line so damaging to your psyche that you should be allowed to permanently disable it, just because it annoys you?
01/15/2019 04:58 PMPosted by Immortal
They don't annoy me. They are the only form of communication in this multi player game unless you add someone as a friend. I have used emotes politely to help me add friends, which has had many benefits.
When I first started playing, I squelched every game for awhile but I changed my outlook and began to enjoy emotes.

It's a game for all ages and the devs seem to want to keep the interface fairly simple for that reason imo. I can ask the same question, why do emotes annoy you so much? Can't you simply change your perspective like I did? Can't you take control of your problem like I would?
Why am I the one who has to change for the sake of the game? I didn't install Hearthstone to go on a journey of self-improvement, I installed Hearthstone to play games and have fun.

I shouldn't have to compensate for flaws in the game's design. The game should be built with the player in mind, not the other way around. If I want emotes, I will enable emotes. If I don't want emotes, I should be able to disable emotes. Forcing an unwanted, extraneous feature upon me is a rookie mistake in game design.
01/15/2019 02:25 PMPosted by Monlyth
01/15/2019 02:10 PMPosted by The1Drummer
The point is more-or-less that this thread is accomplishing nothing - it's a black hole subject at this point.

You have brought up plenty of valid points for implementing auto-squelch, but what has been accomplished these past few weeks as you go back-and-forth with posters who aren't going to change their view regardless of what logic you throw at them?

The reasoning behind implementing auto-squelch gets buried hundreds of posts deep while a few similar points get regurgitated each day.

You and many others have reasonably explained the pros and cons to auto-squelch (myself included), while anyone who is against auto-squelch has been unable to come up with a reason behind not implementing it; they simply state a 4-year old tweet as the reason and stick with that cliche "it is what it is" mantra.

This thread is here so the forums are easier to clean and multiple threads aren't created for the same topic. We are just playing in a garbage-dump thread.
Well, at this point, I can't really argue with that. I just wish I could do something about it.

You can do MORE about it... But that requires addressing Blizzards reasons for why they don't want to do it. I mean you could just say that you don't think those reasons are valid, but that's not working very well is it?
01/15/2019 03:38 PMPosted by Paf
It's a bad habit to directly call people out like that though and even though a lot of people get away with it it's still against the code of conduct just a friendly reminder

I never called anyone out and if anyone gets butt-hurt over what I said guess i will feel sorry for them. You out of all people saying what you did is funny to say the least.... I will let you figure out what I mean.....
01/15/2019 05:00 PMPosted by Phobetor
01/15/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Monlyth

Why is emote usage so deleterious to you? Why is a speech bubble and a 1-6 word voice line so damaging to your psyche that you should be allowed to permanently disable it, just because it annoys you?

Exactly. It's amazing how people set themselves up for retorts such as this having no idea that most issues can go both ways.

You can't demean a speech bubble as being silly and unimportant without someone turning it around and wondering why a speech bubble bothers you so much.

How do you not know that?
01/15/2019 05:09 PMPosted by Monlyth

Why am I the one who has to change for the sake of the game? I didn't install Hearthstone to go on a journey of self-improvement, I installed Hearthstone to play games and have fun.

I shouldn't have to compensate for flaws in the game's design. The game should be built with the player in mind, not the other way around. If I want emotes, I will enable emotes. If I don't want emotes, I should be able to disable emotes. Forcing an unwanted, extraneous feature upon me is a rookie mistake in game design.

What are you talking about? Do you listen to yourself? Are you saying that when you install a game you should be in on the design decisions? You know what, the nerve of Sega making Sonic a HEDGEHOG!! What is a hedgehog? When I buy a game I should be able to change the main character into any animal I want!!

Why do you keep playing a flawed game and troll its forums?

01/15/2019 05:09 PMPosted by Monlyth
If I don't want emotes, I should be able to disable emotes.

You can disable emotes currently.
01/15/2019 05:00 PMPosted by Phobetor

It does not matter (seriously it doesn't)

Many people (myself included) have stated we simply want to play the game in PEACE and QUIET end of story. It is not that emotes tilt me or even bug me, it is simply I want to play the game quietly and peacefully and anyone who wants to take away from that is very selfish and mean spirited.

I don't care to interact with you have no desire to interact with you and so I manually squelch before every single match. I just want it to be permanent so i can finally stop having to do it every single game.

In ANY other online game i have the ability to PERMANENTLY keep you from talking to me (and you will know it) this game however I have to mute you every single time I see you and that is a pain the you know what.

Also so what if someone gets tilted at an emote so what I guarantee you, you get upset over thing(s) I would laugh at. Yet like the typical human being you think everyone who is doing something you would not do in this exact situation has an issue they need to deal with while you ignore your own issues.
01/15/2019 06:16 PMPosted by Paf
You can disable emotes currently.

Duh man you hit it right on the head... Seriously Paf this thread is not about the fact you can disable emotes its about making that permanent with a toggle switch or something. yet in your weak argument(s) you keep being things into it that have literally no bearing on what this entire thread is about.
I am going to leave this here you can go watch it and see why it will never happen (and not because the dev's may not want to do it)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVLJ6mLT-U&t=334s
01/15/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Paf
Exactly. It's amazing how people set themselves up for retorts such as this having no idea that most issues can go both ways.

You can't demean a speech bubble as being silly and unimportant without someone turning it around and wondering why a speech bubble bothers you so much.

Here's a question: Why haven't you, or Immortal, or Phobetor answered my original question?
You just keep turning my accusations back on me to avoid having to engage with my original criticism; which is called the Tu Quoque fallacy, I might add.

So, I'm not going to respond to any of your questions until you give me a straight answer to mine: Why do you care so much about emotes that you're actively arguing against the option to permanently disable them? Why does it bother you so much that I find emotes to be annoying, and I want auto-squelch?
01/15/2019 03:38 PMPosted by Paf

^ This. I see a great deal of conversations turn to bickering and fighting because someone jumps in, calling out another person and directly going after their comment. That person responds, another jumps in and so on until the entire meaning of the conversation is lost due to several folks not being able to ignore another.

Please don't do this. I have said this before. I'm saying it again. And yes, I don't catch them all, but when I do, I will be actioning folks who do this. Report the post, ignore the post or even contact CS if need be. But if someone says something you don't like, quoting them (which reposts their comment) and responding in kind only prolongs those things being said. It does nothing to resolve the matter.

If someone is being a troll, don't feed them. Be better. Move on and we'll deal with those posts.

Thanks all
01/15/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Paf

Here's a question: Why haven't you, or Immortal, or Phobetor answered my original question?
You just keep turning my accusations back on me to avoid having to engage with my original criticism; which is called the Tu Quoque fallacy, I might add.

So, I'm not going to respond to any of your questions until you give me a straight answer to mine: Why do you care so much about emotes that you're actively arguing against the option to permanently disable them? Why does it bother you so much that I find emotes to be annoying, and I want auto-squelch?

I did answer that question.
...Here's a question: Why haven't you, or Immortal, or Phobetor answered my original question?...You just keep turning my accusations back on me to avoid having to engage with my original criticism; which is called the Tu Quoque fallacy, I might add.

So did I, it's clear this guy is just a troll trying to get to us so we get ourselves suspended. I suggest just ignoring these guys.
01/15/2019 07:07 PMPosted by Immortal
You call this a straight answer?
Just because emotes don't annoy you personally, that doesn't give you the right to decide whether auto-squelch should be added or not.

If you don't like using auto-squelch, then DON'T USE AUTO-SQUELCH. Why does it bother you so much that I want to permanently disable emotes? What gives you the right to decide that I shouldn't be allowed to have that option?