Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 150 151 152 184 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Who cares? I mean really.. if you are gonna get that butt hurt over the *possibility* of someone AS'ing you then you have bigger problems then the ones who want AS implemented.

Seriously the ONLY good reason to not put a toggle in is simply options bloat (and that is a huge stretch in my opinion).

What you are afraid of happens right now and more and more people are going to that 3rd party program every single day.

What Blizzard needs to do is have a survey that gets prompted when a player logs into the game asking if they would like to see a perma AS toggle put in the game. Asking on these forums is (sorry Jesse) but irrelevant seeing less then 10% of the total population of this game even comes to the forums.

I remember some games doing that all the time and taking that info and bettering their games based off survey's done per account. I believe they don't because they don't want to know what their player base really wants.

You're the last person who should worry why someone gets butt hurt.

This entire thread is started because people get butt hurt bro...

You're not very bright, are you?
Yeah, the guy seems to not realize how silly this discussion really is. We have a massive thread, mostly dominated by the same handful of people arguing back and forth in circles. Blizz has given an answer, people either ignore it or it is say not good enough, all over 2 clicks. 2 clicks people, that if we're being objective is NOT needed every match. This whole thing is like a Monty Python sketch.
01/22/2019 08:49 AMPosted by Hazama

This entire thread is started because people get butt hurt bro...

You're not very bright, are you?
Yeah, the guy seems to not realize how silly this discussion really is. We have a massive thread, mostly dominated by the same handful of people arguing back and forth in circles. Blizz has given an answer, people either ignore it or it is say not good enough, all over 2 clicks. 2 clicks people, that if we're being objective is NOT needed every match. This whole thing is like a Monty Python sketch.

Oh, there are a TON of Black Knights in this thread...

Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
Arthur: A SCRATCH? Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No it isn't!
Arthur: Well what's that then? (pointing to the arm lying on the ground)
Black Knight: I've had worse.
Arthur: You LIAR!
Black Knight: Come on, you pansy!
01/22/2019 08:34 AMPosted by autosquelch
Hey Jesse,
Any update on QA's research into squelch falling off on mobile devices during phone calls and connection hiccups?

Nothing to share as of yet. I'll check in with them today and see if there is anything I can update on. If so, I'll post back here. If you don't see a post by end of day, things are still being worked on and I have no updates to provide.
Billions of years into the futue,long after this game has died and when the universe is virtually dead,this thread will still be there. Floating on some server in outer space. An A.I blizzard employee will still be contemplating the pro,s and con,s,unable to make a final judgement.

This thread is for eternity.
... Yeah, the guy seems to not realize how silly this discussion really is. We have a massive thread, mostly dominated by the same handful of people arguing back and forth in circles. Blizz has given an answer, people either ignore it or it is say not good enough, all over 2 clicks. 2 clicks people, that if we're being objective is NOT needed every match. This whole thing is like a Monty Python sketch.

Oh, there are a TON of Black Knights in this thread...

Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
Arthur: A SCRATCH? Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No it isn't!
Arthur: Well what's that then? (pointing to the arm lying on the ground)
Black Knight: I've had worse.
Arthur: You LIAR!
Black Knight: Come on, you pansy!

Ok,lets call it a tie.
01/22/2019 08:37 AMPosted by Krickett1
if you are gonna get that butt hurt

01/22/2019 08:46 AMPosted by Right

Let's dial it back please. This is where things start going sideways and devolve into fighting rather than discussing. And I've been guilty of it myself.
01/22/2019 08:49 AMPosted by Hazama
all over 2 clicks. 2 clicks people,

It's not just 2 clicks. It's 2 clicks every single match, sometimes multiple times per match. It adds up over time to become a tedious chore that's easily remedied with a seemingly simple QoL enhancement to the existing squelch function.
It's getting personal and heated. Reel it back in.

Take a break and come back with clearer heads.

This is a conversation on the topic - not an argument about your conversations.

Respect each other and be better.
01/22/2019 01:11 PMPosted by Right
self imposed.

It's only self-imposed because there is no convenient opt out. I think it's important for people to understand that in order to do what we are trying to do within the limited confines of the current system, it's more than just two clicks. I think when people present a reductionist view of the issue by claiming that it all boils down to two clicks, they are misrepresenting the situation.

And once again, when you argue that we don't "have to" squelch, you aren't really arguing about squelch; rather, you are trying to discount what effect the emotes have on some players. So, given that fact that we are going to use the tools available to us to opt out of emotes entirely, the only way to do that currently is to manually squelch every match, and sometime multiple times per match. Again, I'm not saying we "have to" opt out of the emotes entirely; I'm saying that if we want to opt out of emotes entirely, we "have to" squelch every single match.
01/22/2019 01:41 PMPosted by autosquelch
self imposed.

It's only self-imposed because there is no convenient opt out. I think it's important for people to understand that in order to do what we are trying to do within the limited confines of the current system, it's more than just two clicks. I think when people present a reductionist view of the issue by claiming that it all boils down to two clicks, they are misrepresenting the situation.

And once again, when you argue that we don't "have to" squelch, you aren't really arguing about squelch; rather, you are trying to discount what effect the emotes have on some players. So, given that fact that we are going to use the tools available to us to opt out of emotes entirely, the only way to do that currently is to manually squelch every match, and sometime multiple times per match. Again, I'm not saying we "have to" opt out of the emotes entirely; I'm saying that if we want to opt out of emotes entirely, we "have to" squelch every single match.

Exactly, which is why, imho, you should stay away from "that side" of the topic.

Again, you have amassed very good reasons, stick to those.
01/22/2019 01:41 PMPosted by autosquelch
self imposed.

You also discount what the widespread lack of emotes would do to players, by claiming there is “no effect.”
Wow... I guess if you can argue your stance and the other guys stance at the same time what I am here for? Why are any of us here?

If people can't tell you to grow thicker skin... You sure hell can't tell people they don't feel negatively for whatever reason. Same thing, different foot.

What are you talking about? I specifically said I understand that some people feel bad when their opponent doesn't respond to their emote. What I'm trying to understand is how/why does that bad feeling vary based on why the opponent is not responding? And further, if you are squelched, how does that bad feeling change based on whether is was manually or automatically applied? I even offered a possible answer to the first question in another post. Please take a look and let me know if you think I'm on the right track.

Well if I knew if they squelched before the game even began I'd know it wasn't because of anything I did or didn't do during the game. They chose before it even started, it has nothing to do with me. ***Especially*** if they emoted me during the game.

Personally I think the absolute fairest thing to do if AS is implemented for that person not to be able to emote as well as not see emotes.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all that most the people I end up roping because they BM'd did squelch me... And then emoted the whole game.
01/22/2019 02:10 PMPosted by Mand
You also discount what the widespread lack of emotes would do to players, by claiming there is “no effect.”

You can have all the emotes you want as LONG as I get a perma AS toggle and everyone is happy. You can sit there and play with all your emotes while I don't have to listen or see them....

UNLESS you meant the lack of emotes coming from other players who have AS on (which is already the case so you have no ground to stand on)
01/22/2019 06:29 PMPosted by Krickett1
01/22/2019 02:10 PMPosted by Mand

You can have all the emotes you want as LONG as I get a perma AS toggle and everyone is happy. You can sit there and play with all your emotes while I don't have to listen or see them....

UNLESS you meant the lack of emotes coming from other players who have AS on (which is already the case so you have no ground to stand on)

You don't play the game... Remember?