Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 176 177 178 184 Next
In the name of the pro-squelchers Barnack, thank you for the bump ^.^

Welcome to the team :)
02/12/2019 02:12 PMPosted by Ceriulun

Without Jess... This thread likely means absolutely nothing now. It's not like they replaced him.
Well, it doesn't mean anything less than before. Devs know very well that a significant amount of players want this feature.

Sad to see him go though. The Blizzard I grew up with wouldn't have done this.
02/12/2019 07:39 PMPosted by Shelzin
Without Jess... This thread likely means absolutely nothing now. It's not like they replaced him.

It's really unfortunate. And I guess what I'm wondering is what this really means for this and other threads. Jesse set up this thread and a few others to help consolidate feedback. Some have speculated it was simply to create a dumping ground to make it easier to manage the forum. I held out hope that this was truly an effort to collect feedback, encourage discussion, and deliver information from the development team. Now, I don't know what this thread will become. I don't know what the forums will become. Is this going to be a free-for-all with little to no moderation? Will there be any community management at all? Does this topic revert back to multiple threads in multiple forums? Where do we offer feedback if there is no liaison to the dev team to pass it along?
02/13/2019 04:18 AMPosted by autosquelch
Where do we offer feedback if there is no liaison to the dev team to pass it along?
Reddit, apparently. ActiBlizz doesn't have tine or money to waste on managing their own communites.

Haha, thank you, thank you. But I didnt bumped it, since it was already near the top thanks to the guy whos name is the same than this subject.

This thread respresent very well the overall situation of Blizzard actions with HS. They don't care (this thread is 3k+ big now) but they just dont want to have to delete 20x thread of the same subject every week... that's the only reason it still exist.
I'm pretty sure that losing Jesse wasn't our only chance to get an AS option. Games this size with a large community will always have a CM.

If anything this to me looks like a good thing. Obviously Jesse didn't obtain any new information or an updated response from the devs.

Apart from Genn/Baku/Barnes this one of the most discussed topic of Hearthstone history and the next CM would be silly to ignore.
02/13/2019 08:49 AMPosted by Paneross
I'm pretty sure that losing Jesse wasn't our only chance to get an AS option. Games this size with a large community will always have a CM.

If anything this to me looks like a good thing. Obviously Jesse didn't obtain any new information or an updated response from the devs.

Apart from Genn/Baku/Barnes this one of the most discussed topic of Hearthstone history and the next CM would be silly to ignore.

It's not about Jesse, he was a symptom of the Blizztivision problems...

When "fire the CM and 700 others" is on the top of the list...

Do you really think AS is anywhere up there too?

Really?
02/13/2019 06:58 AMPosted by Barnack

Haha, thank you, thank you. But I didnt bumped it, since it was already near the top thanks to the guy whos name is the same than this subject.

This thread respresent very well the overall situation of Blizzard actions with HS. They don't care (this thread is 3k+ big now) but they just dont want to have to delete 20x thread of the same subject every week... that's the only reason it still exist.

Oh Barnack, he's trolling you.

They love to bump and when you IMMEDIATELY call them out on the bump, they thank you for "your bump", which isn't a bump, because it was just bumped....eh...

But children... you know...
02/13/2019 09:08 AMPosted by Right

It's not about Jesse, he was a symptom of the Blizztivision problems...

When "fire the CM and 700 others" is on the top of the list...

Do you really think AS is anywhere up there too?

Really?

The size of this thread trumps all others so yes.

Two Hypotheticals for you Right,

1. If the next 20 opponents squelched you at the beginning of the match, how does that affect your gameplay?

2. If the next 20 opponents already had you squelched prior to the match, how does that affect your gameplay?

I'd appreciate a reply for both, in so that I might understand/learn from a different point of view. Thanks
02/13/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Right
Oh Barnack, he's trolling you.

Haha I know I know... but it was done in a friendly way so I wanted to answer!

Anyway... My guess : This thread will hit 4k posts without a single Blue reply from this point.

#werelistening
the next CM

I'm thinking there will be no next CM. I'm thinking feedback here is no longer going to be collected and forwarded to the development team. I'm thinking the only Blizzard activity in the forums will be removing undesirable posts, locking/closing threads, assessing penalties on posters, etc. I'm thinking we may have seen the last blue post ever in these forums.

02/13/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Wardrum
Reddit, apparently. ActiBlizz doesn't have tine or money to waste on managing their own communites.

That's a shame. I don't see myself posting on a third party site.
02/13/2019 11:37 AMPosted by autosquelch
the next CM

I'm thinking there will be no next CM. I'm thinking feedback here is no longer going to be collected and forwarded to the development team. I'm thinking the only Blizzard activity in the forums will be removing undesirable posts, locking/closing threads, assessing penalties on posters, etc. I'm thinking we may have seen the last blue post ever in these forums.

02/13/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Wardrum

That's a shame. I don't see myself posting on a third party site.
Me either. I was on the Hearthpwn forums for a short bit but they're pretty meh, and Reddit is so full of fluff and crap posts that there's hardly any real discussion to be had. Hadn't really expected the Discord to be my last bastion of reasonable Hearthstone community interaction, but here we are. I don't give these forums very long before the lack of Blue interaction turns it into a total mess with mods simply having to play cleanup whenever they can.
02/13/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Wardrum
Me either. I was on the Hearthpwn forums for a short bit but they're pretty meh, and Reddit is so full of fluff and crap posts that there's hardly any real discussion to be had. Hadn't really expected the Discord to be my last bastion of reasonable Hearthstone community interaction, but here we are. I don't give these forums very long before the lack of Blue interaction turns it into a total mess with mods simply having to play cleanup whenever they can.

I'd love to hear just what the purpose of the forums should be at this point. Without a Community Manager, a lot of that purpose seems to be lost. It'd be nice to see some official comment about this, although I'm not really expecting one since, you know, no more Community Manager.
02/15/2019 04:42 AMPosted by autosquelch
02/13/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Wardrum

I'd love to hear just what the purpose of the forums should be at this point. Without a Community Manager, a lot of that purpose seems to be lost. It'd be nice to see some official comment about this, although I'm not really expecting one since, you know, no more Community Manager.
I think in this case, we're all going to have to accept actions speaking louder than words. This place has been abandoned by anyone with blue names, now that Jesse is gone. Maybe if they still decide to transition us to Discourse, they'll have their own in-house moderation crew over there so Blizz no longer has to even think about it.

In fact, it wouldn't shock me if that was the plan all along.
02/15/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Wardrum
02/15/2019 04:42 AMPosted by autosquelch
I think in this case, we're all going to have to accept actions speaking louder than words. This place has been abandoned by anyone with blue names, now that Jesse is gone. Maybe if they still decide to transition us to Discourse, they'll have their own in-house moderation crew over there so Blizz no longer has to even think about it.

Yep.
02/15/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Wardrum

Nailed it.

I've said it numerous times to everyone who is pro AS... I'll paraphrase

"If all the pro stuff you are claiming is as accurate, wonderful and as sensible as you are proclaiming... WHY HAVENT THEY DONE IT?"

I never got a good answer.

I think recent events illustrate they abandoned these forums long ago and never took this thread seriously.

Also, How do you announce a new forum? Then not implement it?

Right before it was revealed Jesse got fired, I made a thread titled "
Hearthstone Forums Are Moving To Discourse!" and I replied LIES!!!

The thread was intended to promote a discussion on the new forums or lack thereof. A few people replied and the thread was removed by "someone".

Tin foil times.

TLDR: They don't care what we say.
I don't know why there's no option, but I know for sure it's the least of our problems.
02/15/2019 05:48 AMPosted by Right
I've said it numerous times to everyone who is pro AS... I'll paraphrase

"If all the pro stuff you are claiming is as accurate, wonderful and as sensible as you are proclaiming... WHY HAVENT THEY DONE IT?"

I never got a good answer.

You never got a good answer because Blizzard never provided a good answer.

02/15/2019 05:57 AMPosted by Kyljys
I don't know why there's no option, but I know for sure it's the least of our problems.

Least of your problems. Might be of greater importance to someone else.
If the default in the game was to have players squelched, then I can assume all the people against an auto squelch option would be perfectly fine with doing the same clicking each time to be able to see the emotes as their opponent BMs them. And they would say absolutely nothing about getting this changed.

Yeah... right.