Auto-Squelch Discussion

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 182 183 184 Next
02/25/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Immortal

(you're correct)

But, using it in the context that Han Solo used it in the movie (albeit incorrectly) he used it as time.

I always listen to pirate smugglers, especially IRL, and especially regarding waffles.

In fact, I used to be a waffle smuggling pirate.

There's a naughty joke in here somewhere.

Butt...

(you're correct)

But, using it in the context that Han Solo used it in the movie (albeit incorrectly) he used it as time.

I always listen to pirate smugglers, especially IRL, and especially regarding waffles.

Something something deep blue sea.
A well timed lethal to face by Medivh, the Guardian, will always beat a sarcastic well played any day.

i always win

(you're correct)

*turns blue*
I'd personally adore an auto squelch option. Seems like a neat addition people have been asking for, and it has no downside.
02/25/2019 03:14 PMPosted by Drym
I'd personally adore an auto squelch option. Seems like a neat addition people have been asking for, and it has no downside.

Neat opinion and happy 3rd post.

Thanks for the support. But to be fair, there are some potential downsides depending on how the feature might be implemented. Most of the downside effects, however, can be avoided or mitigated by a well thought out design.
MtG Arena has this option from day 1 of open Beta. And doing just fine.

In fact i've almost fully skipped this entire HS expansion (have played about hour or so). Lacking this type of simple QoL features is killing HS for me.
I only use real maple syrup.

It's more expensive but high fructose corn syrup is the devil.
02/26/2019 07:36 AMPosted by autosquelch

Thanks for the support. But to be fair, there are some potential downsides depending on how the feature might be implemented. Most of the downside effects, however, can be avoided or mitigated by a well thought out design.

Speculation or have you joined the dev team?
02/26/2019 08:41 AMPosted by Immortal

To clarify, one of the concerns was that some people might activate auto-squelch and forget they had it turned on and accidentally leave it on. They might not realize they had left it on, but only meant to have it on for that one evenings play session. One way to mitigate that concern would be to have a UI indicator that squelch is active. Another way would be to restrict your ability to emote is you have the opponent squelched. When you try to emote, you'd get the feedback that you must unsquelch your opponent in order to use the emotes. This also addresses the concerns of some players that people can still emote while keeping the opponent squelched.
So, I'm not so much speculating about how Blizzard would implement it as I am suggesting how it could be implemented. There are ways to address at least some of the concerns people have presented in this threads regarding auto-squelch.
But really I was trying to acknowledge that there are some concerns over auto-squelch that have been raised in this thread. I believe that those concerns could be allayed with how they design auto-squelch.
02/26/2019 12:10 PMPosted by autosquelch

To clarify, one of the concerns was that some people might activate auto-squelch and forget they had it turned on and accidentally leave it on. They might not realize they had left it on, but only meant to have it on for that one evenings play session. One way to mitigate that concern would be to have a UI indicator that squelch is active. Another way would be to restrict your ability to emote is you have the opponent squelched. When you try to emote, you'd get the feedback that you must unsquelch your opponent in order to use the emotes. This also addresses the concerns of some players that people can still emote while keeping the opponent squelched.
So, I'm not so much speculating about how Blizzard would implement it as I am suggesting how it could be implemented. There are ways to address at least some of the concerns people have presented in this threads regarding auto-squelch.
But really I was trying to acknowledge that there are some concerns over auto-squelch that have been raised in this thread. I believe that those concerns could be allayed with how they design auto-squelch.

Thumbs up
Paf and Autosquelch agreeing on something, it really IS the end of the forums!
02/26/2019 12:41 PMPosted by Wardrum
Paf and Autosquelch agreeing on something, it really IS the end of the forums!

Oh he's one of my favorite posters. I don't always agree with him.

I call him Skruffy Mc Thread Bump.

He's that awesome food you know you shouldn't eat because it's gonna put you on the toilet the next day all day but you do it anyway.

Good people.
02/26/2019 12:21 PMPosted by Paf
Thumbs up

<3

I started this post... Thought about it, looked above... Nevermind. Thumbs up the after post.
02/26/2019 12:58 PMPosted by Paf
He's that awesome food you know you shouldn't eat because it's gonna put you on the toilet the next day all day but you do it anyway.

Should I change my battle tag to olestra?
02/26/2019 04:16 PMPosted by autosquelch
02/26/2019 12:58 PMPosted by Paf

Should I change my battle tag to olestra?
Dewit!!
just do what i did I left hearthstone in protest to what they are doing. I will not spend a single penny on their stuff nor play any of their games period. I will NOT support ANY game company that is greedy, shady, and just out right disgusting. You all should do the same.
02/27/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Krickett1
just do what i did I left hearthstone in protest to what they are doing. I will not spend a single penny on their stuff nor play any of their games period. I will NOT support ANY game company that is greedy, shady, and just out right disgusting. You all should do the same.

Well, I'm not quite at that point. I'll use the tools that have been made available to me, as limited and glitchy as they may be, and I'll continue to play the game. That said, I've chosen to spend far less on the game than I used to.

I do feel a bit snubbed by the development team on the issue. I think Jesse really tried to get that communication gap bridged, but I think he just ran into a brick wall. Now that he's no longer an employee, I'd love to hear the real truth behind his attempts to liaison with the dev team on this. So my milder "protest" is to spend less. I'm not spending zero, but I've cut my spending about in half.

And it goes beyond their arrogance regarding auto-squelch and their lack of respect for those of us advocating for it. It's also their recent display of repugnant corporate greed, rewarding the few at the top with millions while delivering a kick in the teeth to those who work paycheck to paycheck. As I said before, Bobby Kotick is a multi-billionaire seven times over. Just one of those seven billion dollars (leaving him with a disgusting six billion) would fund the salaries for all those fired employees for 10 years.