"Well Played" before killing blow

Play Mode Discussion
I mean it.

Unless you're a new player with an obviously basic deck.

Then it means "I'm sorry, man I know that sucked a bit. But the quest said "win with hunter" not "gentle handle newbies with hunter"
I always squelch before the emotes trigger me and make the way i play worse
07/19/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Lucci
If only people actually meant it.

It's actually pretty easy to know if they mean it. It's all about how he/she emote during the match.

If the only emote he did was the well play at the very end, it's mean a respectfully "GG" most of the time.

If he emote well play at the end and when you do an amazing play, well he use it to say GG at the end of the match AND use it literally to say "well play" when you did that amazing play. That's the type of opponent I send an invite at the end of the match specially if it was a close match.

If he emote its only well play out of nowhere and it's late in the match, often that mean he got lethal in hand and he think your basically dead next turn.

If he emote multiple time and it make little sens or worse it's every bad luck you got or when he own you on the board, etc ... Well now you talk about BM.
I use Well Played for entrapment purposes, I don't emote much. Specifically freezing trap when I'm on the ropes. I'm also pretty speedy at turns. So the trick is, play freezing trap, roll of your cards like you have something to play, delay delay delay, let the rope start to burn, then say well played like you don't have any way to stop them. This works surprisingly well on average players who are all to eager to ram their big minion into you for instant lethal.
08/26/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Bootytime
I use Well Played for entrapment purposes, I don't emote much. Specifically freezing trap when I'm on the ropes. I'm also pretty speedy at turns. So the trick is, play freezing trap, roll of your cards like you have something to play, delay delay delay, let the rope start to burn, then say well played like you don't have any way to stop them. This works surprisingly well on average players who are all to eager to ram their big minion into you for instant lethal.

That’s not BM. That’s strategy.
I will say well played at the Lethal, or when I know that I'm about to lose. But I hate it when I make a mistake or play a wrong card and my opponent says "Well Played".
How can a bad move mean "Well Played"?
07/19/2018 07:31 PMPosted by MissSilly
07/19/2018 06:17 PMPosted by TheAlchemist
I always mean it. It is always a pleasure to play with my opponent. Try not to assume the worst and I promise you will enjoy the game more :)

Except when keeping track of this exact thing it shows that over 90% that say Well played ONLY say it when they win and not when they lose making them hypocrites.

Sure some people mean it but most don't

Maybe it’s not the same on PC (or wherever you compiled your research data) but on IPad as soon as you’re Hero is destroyed you can’t emote. I know personally that has kept me from saying well played quite a few times as sometimes you don’t see it coming or are hoping for a missed play.

I’m in the group that thinks people see themselves in things, so that if you’re someone who uses emotes to be rude you’ll see them as rude. Conversely, if your emotes are always good natured your likely to see them that way. I’m one of the latter, and I’ve got to say, from reading about how upset some people get, that this is another example of how being nice to others and treating people with respect is so much easier and more pleasant than doing the opposite. It doesn’t cost you a thing and, in cases like this, even pays off.
too many crazy people play this game thats for sure
07/19/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Mand
Most people do. If you never believe it, then that's on you. I say Greetings and Well Played every game, except for the ones where I looked up from my phone when they dropped an unexpected lethal.

I'm a new player and I do it.
08/26/2018 09:35 AMPosted by TheBadJesus
07/19/2018 07:31 PMPosted by MissSilly

Except when keeping track of this exact thing it shows that over 90% that say Well played ONLY say it when they win and not when they lose making them hypocrites.

Sure some people mean it but most don't

Maybe it’s not the same on PC (or wherever you compiled your research data) but on IPad as soon as you’re Hero is destroyed you can’t emote. I know personally that has kept me from saying well played quite a few times as sometimes you don’t see it coming or are hoping for a missed play.

I’m in the group that thinks people see themselves in things, so that if you’re someone who uses emotes to be rude you’ll see them as rude. Conversely, if your emotes are always good natured your likely to see them that way. I’m one of the latter, and I’ve got to say, from reading about how upset some people get, that this is another example of how being nice to others and treating people with respect is so much easier and more pleasant than doing the opposite. It doesn’t cost you a thing and, in cases like this, even pays off.

Yeah sure. I played only 1 card and only use hero power 4 turn straight.
I lose at turn 5. I must had a really good hand, made good plays from that 1 card and deserve a wellplayed. All good intention from your opponent, right?
08/26/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Gishgeron
I mean it.

Then it means "I'm sorry, man I know that sucked a bit. But the quest said "win with hunter" not "gentle handle newbies with hunter"

It's always depressing when I get a "win" quest I can't possibly complete on ladder, and have to go beat up new players. But that's Hearthstone.
If you ever play me, rest assured, I mean it. If I say anything else after the match, I'm trolling.
To me, if somebody hasn't been sarcastic during the game (for example giving me a 'well played' as I play into their upcoming Brawl) then I give them the benefit of the doubt at the end of the game. If somebody is BMing all through the game, it's pretty obvious that they're not sincere. Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell if somebody is being sincere vs. mocking you.
08/26/2018 11:38 AMPosted by PresJPolk
08/26/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Gishgeron
I mean it.

It's always depressing when I get a "win" quest I can't possibly complete on ladder, and have to go beat up new players. But that's Hearthstone.

Agreed.

I wish dailies were like quests you chose. Like...a board in the tavern with bounties posted on it. You select one each day from an assortment.

This would be a good place to add special bonus stuff too. Like a big bounty that asks you to play specific decks it has made for you. Or a boss bounty that puts you against a bot that emulates, play for play, something a top legend player did that day and won.

I'm saying, quests could be more fun and immersive.
The main problem is how sarcastic all the emotes are. They are pretty funny, but it is hard to accept a "Hmm, Well Played" as serious especially in a game where rng is a major factor.
08/26/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Jquist87
The main problem is how sarcastic all the emotes are. They are pretty funny, but it is hard to accept a "Hmm, Well Played" as serious especially in a game where rng is a major factor.

True.
When my opponent makes a great move I do say it was well played.
I don't usually use "Well played" at the end, but if I use it, I mean it.
07/19/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Gwyneth
If emotes matter this much to you, perhaps you need to re-think your priorities. You're here to have fun - if you're not having fun versing your opponent, concede and move on :)

The big mean emotes are out of control. I cant sleep at night anymore.
When I really want to show my respect I emote and let the other guy hit me in the face. With King Krush preferably.
First they're emotes. Squelch if you want and don't take everything to be a personal diss at you ./smdh

08/26/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Bobb
To me, if somebody hasn't been sarcastic during the game (for example giving me a 'well played' as I play into their upcoming Brawl) then I give them the benefit of the doubt at the end of the game. If somebody is BMing all through the game, it's pretty obvious that they're not sincere. Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell if somebody is being sincere vs. mocking you.

Pretty much in my opinion. I probably "Well Played" win or lose in 70% of my games or so. I assume the other player can realize that I'm using it as "GG" since my only other emote 90% of the time is "Hello"
======
Are there spamers? of course there is and there are certainly people BMing you but what you can control is your emotions and reactions. Just let it slide off, squelch or ignore it, and go onto the next game.
08/26/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Attila
too many crazy people play this game thats for sure

Present!