Lich King Vs Ysera

Play Mode Discussion
I'm dumb. I can't figure out why LK over Ysera besides "taunt". Ysera gives huge tempo, burst, board clear, and a minion. LK gives buffs, clear, a weapon, a mill 5, and a mini clear. I'm more a fan of 5 damage to everyone. Is there a real reason?
I think's it's literally because of taunt. In control decks, it's an 8 health taunt to soak up damage and provide cards. Ysera is just too slow
LK being 8 mana instead of 9 also allows you to do something else with it when you play it even if it is just a hero power. At 9 mana Ysera is generally the only thing you can play in a turn.
Because I can actually be happy to include Lich King in a tempo deck, while Ysera is just way too slow. An 8/8 taunt is going to help a lot vs. Aggro while a vanilla 4/12 isnt going to do anything.
9 Mana is an awkward number.

How many 1 drop can you sqeeze in late game? 9 Mana might as well be "10" mana, for most decks. 8 Mana cards usually mean that you can Hero Power or play another cheap card.

Playing a Lich King is less of an "all-in" play compared to Ysera, precisely because you can do something else as well. Getting Ysera removed instantly is a huge blow. Having your Lich King removed instantly is less painful, IMO.
cards form lk are more versatile also 1 mana difference is a huge deal
08/02/2018 09:19 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Getting Ysera removed instantly is a huge blow. Having your Lich King removed instantly is less painful, IMO.

That doesn't make sense
from my experience Lich King an single handily give you single cards that win the game for you. Ysera can as well but from my experience it takes multiple cards fro Ysera where it only takes a single card from Lich king.

Note: This is only based on current meta game as things could easily change as we move forward with new expansions and different meta games.
08/02/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Kurome
I'm dumb. I can't figure out why LK over Ysera besides "taunt". Ysera gives huge tempo, burst, board clear, and a minion. LK gives buffs, clear, a weapon, a mill 5, and a mini clear. I'm more a fan of 5 damage to everyone. Is there a real reason?

Ysera is ZERO tempo. Ysera is value, not tempo, and LK is 8 mana, you can hero power + play him.
08/02/2018 09:23 AMPosted by happyscrub
08/02/2018 09:19 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Getting Ysera removed instantly is a huge blow. Having your Lich King removed instantly is less painful, IMO.

That doesn't make sense

It does actually. That is because you are not thinking correctly. I mean, having your 9 (10 or 8 whatever) mana minion getting removed is worse than having your 1 or 2 mana drop removed.
What about with that new Eureka card? Or maybe Kobold Illusionist Rogue? Is it still aggro worries? Just seems a waste for one of the iconic legendaries to be unplayable. Then again, at least Ysera isn't Illidan.
Lich King's 8 attack makes it much more of a threat in the short term. Immediacy is a big deal.
LK gives you a Sword

/thread