Carnivorous Cube removing Silence?

Community Discussion
Am I reading this Wrong?
BattleCry: destroy a friendly minion.
Deathrattle: Summon 2 copies of it.

So surly if the minion is silenced, it should be coping the minion and it's affects
positive or negative?
07/28/2018 03:08 PMPosted by FireGhouL
Am I reading this Wrong?
BattleCry: destroy a friendly minion.
Deathrattle: Summon 2 copies of it.

So surly if the minion is silenced, it should be coping the minion and it's affects
positive or negative?

It's the same as that shaman card (and any other card with a similar effect) that destroys and resummons a minion: it resummons a pristine version of the card, usually sans any buffs, battlecry effects, or debuffs placed on the card.

Some cards, like pally, priest, and some warrior cards, will summon modified versions of that card: damaged, buffed, 1/1, or with 1 health remaining.

There might be others, those are the ones that came to mind.

In short: CC's effect is in line with what those do and isn't out of place.
Oh, and don't call it Shirley!

+1 if you get the reference.

:D
07/28/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Bobafett345

In short: CC's effect is in line with what those do and isn't out of place.

Isn't out of place in your opinion. This is another example of the consistent inconsistency this game has with wording and card effects.

Faceless Manipulator: Choose a minion and become a copy of it.
If you copy a silenced minion with Faceless, it becomes a silenced copy! Consistent!

Carnivorous Cube: Battlecry: Destroy a friendly minion. Deathrattle: Summon 2 copies of it.
If you cube a silenced minion, the copies will not be silenced! Inconsistent!

Now, can anyone explain why that is without saying "it's just like that one card", "that's how all cards like that work" or something similar?

EDIT: Should have I just started a new thread instead of necroing this? Has it been addressed somewhere else?
Because in the case of CC, the minion it's copying is no longer in play, it has been destroyed. So it has nothing to reference except the base card unmodified. It's not removing the silence, it just can't see it to copy.

It would be interesting to test this with the minion that gives another minion invulnerability for a turn, but I'd wager it would still work the same.
02/22/2019 09:59 PMPosted by Skiurus
Because in the case of CC, the minion it's copying is no longer in play, it has been destroyed. So it has nothing to reference except the base card unmodified. It's not removing the silence, it just can't see it to copy.

It would be interesting to test this with the minion that gives another minion invulnerability for a turn, but I'd wager it would still work the same.

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense!
OP must be a new player here.
Logic has never been blizzard's strong points. Has not been since day one.