Priest gave me 40 dmg with one spell

Play Mode Discussion
what is this? 40 dmg ?!?!?!? if this is not op then i dont know....
Mage can have infinite fireballs....

Game has stupid combo's that are gay but heya
07/28/2018 06:04 PMPosted by RickSanchez

Just FYI, after Boomsday, they can go a lot higher than that.

And no, it's not OP. It takes time and several other cards to set that damage up. Your goal is to either kill them before they're ready, or to create situations that it's not going to work.
Outplayed.
OTK decks are annoying and extremely un-fun to play against but unfortunately most of the community seems to want them, so I doubt they will go anywhere.
As long as OTK decks have all the tools to be moderately successful they will be a thorn in the side of many players. Given the cards in recent reveals for the up coming expansion OTK is being encouraged and empowered.
07/28/2018 09:35 PMPosted by SverdSanity
As long as OTK decks have all the tools to be moderately successful they will be a thorn in the side of many players. Given the cards in recent reveals for the up coming expansion OTK is being encouraged and empowered.

Just FYI, every class has an OTK. Some of them aren't even that expensive dust-wise to put together.
07/28/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Xavori
07/28/2018 06:04 PMPosted by RickSanchez

Just FYI, after Boomsday, they can go a lot higher than that.

And no, it's not OP. It takes time and several other cards to set that damage up. Your goal is to either kill them before they're ready, or to create situations that it's not going to work.

When Priest Shadow Word: Deaths his own Velen to get around any transform interaction then you know you are playing against a super fun deck! :)
Nobody tell the OP about Exodia Mage. Their head will explode.
07/28/2018 09:41 PMPosted by StareMaster
When Priest Shadow Word: Deaths his own Velen to get around any transform interaction then you know you are playing against a super fun deck! :)

You really should've figured it out before that. If your opponent only plays 4 minions the entire game, that should be a red flag that they're up to something.
07/28/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Sagevallant
07/28/2018 09:41 PMPosted by StareMaster

You really should've figured it out before that. If your opponent only plays 4 minions the entire game, that should be a red flag that they're up to something.

Okay and if I figured it out what good does it do? I still have no way to interact with their ressurections if they destroy their own Velen. And Vivid Nightmare copying with one health is completely irrelevant as well as they will just use it when they have lethal.

It’s like asking a mugger with a knife: “What are you gonna do, stab me?”
07/28/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Stickupkids
OTK decks are annoying and extremely un-fun to play against but unfortunately most of the community seems to want them, so I doubt they will go anywhere.

Against the other combo preist that uses Shadowreaper Anduin, it’s almost like you only have 14 health because you know they always have two mindblasts ready to go.

I think guarenteed combos are quite boring. You just know death awaits you soon if they get the right cards. And if you give them enough time, they will get the right cards.

I’m actually scared when it comes to the The Boomsday Project because they just piled on a ton more combo-esque cards that just serve to make those comboes even less possible to interact with.
You mean concede priest? Just play Henchclan Thug on turn 3 and watch them concede.
08/01/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Pilnystudent
You mean concede priest? Just play Henchclan Thug on turn 3 and watch them concede.

Silence and duskbreaker says hi.
08/02/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Buttercup
08/01/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Pilnystudent

Silence and duskbreaker says hi.

OTK priest cannot run duskbreaker my friend. But yeah, the win rate of the deck is ridiculously low (37% in hsreplay). I don't see any worthy complaint as long as the Shudderwork Shaman deck is around, at least you are dead in 3 second instead of going through a 30 minute animation concede.
Mind Blast + 7 Velens is 640 damage so consider yourself lucky
08/01/2018 11:36 PMPosted by StareMaster
07/28/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Sagevallant

Okay and if I figured it out what good does it do? I still have no way to interact with their ressurections if they destroy their own Velen. And Vivid Nightmare copying with one health is completely irrelevant as well as they will just use it when they have lethal.

Welcome to Hearthstone. Some decks are terrible matchups for each other. It happens. If you don't want to be vulnerable to an OTK deck, play a deck that is a favored matchup against it.

Or you can accept that certain matches are lost and rank up by attuning your deck against more popular decks in the meta, so even though you lose a specific matchup 80% of the time, you're winning far more common matchups at a 60-65% rate.

TL;DR - You don't have to win to win. Focus on the big picture.