Kingsbane is vomit

Play Mode Discussion
Kingsbane is vomit
07/30/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Auxi
Kingsbane is vomit

Still prefer it to the endless miracle rogues that have been a staple of rogue for... about as long as I've been playing this game.

Kind of sad when the only "new" thing in Miracle is the spider card battlecry minions.
Weird. Coulda swore it was a sword.
07/30/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Hazama

Dagger, actually. A pair of them too, amusingly.

I thought it was a dagger. #definitionsmatter #sizematters
Kingsbane took a serious hit to consistency with the rummaging kobold change and Coldlight Oracle being banished to wild.

And even in wild it's not a top tier deck.
07/30/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Aegaeon

I thought it was a dagger. #definitionsmatter #sizematters
DOH! My snark has been defeated, and I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!
07/30/2018 06:34 PMPosted by obvious
Kingsbane took a serious hit to consistency with the rummaging kobold change and Coldlight Oracle being banished to wild.

And even in wild it's not a top tier deck.
A bit off topic, but why are rummaging Kobold and kingsbane still offered alongside each other in dungeon run? I know that they are just a part of a card pool, but it still seems misleading
Kingsbane is awesome imo, great design and a very fun and interesting mechanic. Especially in Wild, i enjoy smashing my opponent's face with Valeera the Hollow and a 20+ attack Kingsbane. Good times :D
Kingsbane is vomit
Agreed. Blows my mind that Kingsbane hasn't been patched yet. I'd be fine with the combo if "cold light" acted as every other murlock card. Only being able to draw cards if another murlock was on the board. Makes no sense that it's the only murlock card with a battlecry that doesn't require a preset rule to play it. That would be like playing a pirate card and gaining it's battlecry with no other pirates played. It's complete crap.
07/30/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Demosthenes
Kingsbane is vomit

Still prefer it to the endless miracle rogues that have been a staple of rogue for... about as long as I've been playing this game.

Kind of sad when the only "new" thing in Miracle is the spider card battlecry minions.

With class cards like Prep Backstab Sap Vanish SI
its pretty hard to give Rogue new things without them being OP coupled with their class cards...
Control player: I am going to control you. I like how that sounds. Control. Do you like being controlled? I like being smug about controlling YOU. Here, let me remove that minion you just played.
Kingsbane: *WHACK*
Control player: Oww! How dare you hit me in the face. Don't you know that i feel superior to you on so many levels that...
Control player: Ouch! You.. you can't simply whack me in the hea...
Kingsbane: GG
Control player: The forums must know about this!
Hmm. Your evidence is valid. Thank you for sharing this intellectual fact.
07/31/2018 12:37 AMPosted by tekgeist
Control player: I am going to control you. I like how that sounds. Control. Do you like being controlled? I like being smug about controlling YOU. Here, let me remove that minion you just played.
Control player: Oww! How dare you hit me in the face. Don't you know that i feel superior to you on so many levels that...

Especially hilarious since the alternative ending could've been:
Control Player: *Slimy blubb blubb*
Control Player: You're so sweet!
*Weapon vanishes into the void*
Kingsbane (via Friend Request): RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Control players have to read the meta and tech accordingly. More so than every other archetype. You can in theory control everything, but you can't control everything at the same time.
If you don't adapt properly as a control player, you have to accept losses against gimmicks that happen to become popular in your pocket meta.

And I'm saying that as a control main.
More to the point: For every deck, there needs to be a way to defeat it in a reliable fashion.
For certain control decks, kingsbane does exactly that.
If it weren't kingsbane, there would need to be something else that also defeats those decks in the same reliable fashion.
I can simply not imagine that people playing the decks that are countered that way could possibly like that other deck one bit more.

The deck is not OP.
It is not unhealthy for the game.
You only don't like the deck because you are getting countered by it.
Simple as that.
07/30/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Tman15tmb
Kingsbane is vomit
Agreed. Blows my mind that Kingsbane hasn't been patched yet. I'd be fine with the combo if "cold light" acted as every other murlock card. Only being able to draw cards if another murlock was on the board. Makes no sense that it's the only murlock card with a battlecry that doesn't require a preset rule to play it. That would be like playing a pirate card and gaining it's battlecry with no other pirates played. It's complete crap.

I hate Kingsbane as much as anyone, but this just isn't a good argument. I hope you're being facetious, but in case you're not I wanted to tell you that exactly zero of the current Pirate battlecries depend on there being other Pirates on the board.
07/31/2018 12:37 AMPosted by tekgeist
Really? I would rather go against Kingsbane Every Time. https://hsreplay.net/replay/Et8vDvMVrGGhNDkGsS6Vgd
nothing wrong with vomit
07/30/2018 06:34 PMPosted by obvious
Kingsbane took a serious hit to consistency with the rummaging kobold change

What rummaging kobold change? It's always brought back an unbuffed copy, as I recall.
+1 like