How to deal with Druid Master Oakheart?

Play Mode Discussion
Treachery Doomsayer, twisting nether, eleven Archer and defile. I could almost come up with infinite scenarios with Warlock.
08/03/2018 06:40 AMPosted by SlimReaper
08/03/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Xavori

Vanish.
Frost Nova - Doomsayer (or Blizzard)
Twisting Nether
Cataclysm
Brawl
Equality - Consecration (Coming soon Equality or Shrink Ray followed by Consecration or Missile Launcher)
Lord Godfrey (usually pretty easy to set up)
Defile (much trickier to set up, and almost always requires planning for Oakheart)
coming soon Electra - Volcano

And so on...

I don't see how Vanish is an answer, because they're just going to replay it on the following turn and Rogue's ability to deal with HUGE boards is not very good. And if you pay 6 to vanish that leaves you with 4 mana to develop the board for the following turn where you know he's going to replay the card. So what are you doing to do as Rogue?

Vanish, and then play Auctineer backstab it and pray to god that 4 spiders then come out?? doesn't sound like much of a strategy to me, but again that's just me

Vanish works because Druids want a large hand as much as possible given that they have cards they use it. They also have all that card draw, so even if they aren't trying, they usually have a bunch of cards. It also just makes them play all those cards from hand rather than recruit from deck. Basically, anything you can do to slow them down as a Rogue is a good plan at that point.

And really, that's the strategy most classes should call for. Come Boomsday, every single class will have at least one viable board clear card or combo. That's going to play havoc with decks that are built around getting a couple high powered minions into play to overwhelm their opponents.

On the other hand, decks that can repeatedly spam the board with minions are going to be more common and more problematic. Even Warlock's run out of board clears eventually. And there will be both Hunters, Priests, and Rogues that actually benefit from having their opponents actively killing their minions.
08/03/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Stickupkids
Treachery Doomsayer, twisting nether, eleven Archer and defile. I could almost come up with infinite scenarios with Warlock.

That you have to reach for card combos with one class just proves the point that standard is broken.

And Twisting doesn't even work, since Hadronox immediately refills the board in that case.
The real problem is that once turn 9 Oakheart has happened, they begin the Hadronox spam. So being able to wipe their board once is not enough. You're going to need to do it potentially 3+ times: 1st the Oakheart board, then the Hadronox Prime board, then the Hadronox via Witching Hour boards. Very few classes can deal with that kind of reload potential once it starts happening. That's why most of Taunt Druid's bad matchups are aggro decks that can kill it before it gets to that point.
08/03/2018 10:46 AMPosted by PresJPolk

That you have to reach for card combos with one class just proves the point that standard is broken.

And Twisting doesn't even work, since Hadronox immediately refills the board in that case.

The best combo I know of is Spellbreaker/Pyro/Equality(to full clear), but with the OTK/Control Paly deck you usually don't need to burn that stuff on Master Oak Heart, you also have Tarim and really annoying taunts that buy you time to set up the perfect clear. I actually have a 80% win rate V Druid as OTK Paly (thats all forms of Druid).
08/03/2018 04:52 AMPosted by engine
08/03/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Acceleration

Blizzard, dragon breath, twisting nether, defile + hellfire, psychic scream, equality + pyro or equality + consencration, spreading plagues, double volcano, you can play your own oakhearth as well, you can play guldan dk (if you had taunts).

many of the cards you listed do not deal with all the minions oakheart brings into play

oakheart is 5/5, he brings in a 1/5, a 2/4, and a 3/6, and at eot the 2/4 brings in a 4/8 or 4/12

Blizzard deals with it? thats a laugh
    dragon breath? if dragon breath hits a polymorph it only kills the 2/4. it needs to at least hit 5 mana spell, but even if it hits 7 mana flamestrike it doesnt kill the dragon.
    spreading plague? does not deal with it in a meaningful way
    double volcano? very unlikely to even have it in hand or even have 10 mana. druid ramps to 9 WAY sooner than other classes.

Yes, you are correct. I don't understand how I can achieve high ranks on legend, I must be freaking lucky. I guess Iam just really bad at this game. Thanks for the explanation!
08/03/2018 08:24 AMPosted by PresJPolk
The answer is "Play wild which has anti-combo tech, unlike the dumpster fire that Standard is"
actually, wild is the dumpter of standard, not the opposite :p
twisting nether does work (though you have to have it in hand before turn 9=turn 4 or 5 for you and there's no hadronox on board), the rest doesn't
08/03/2018 10:46 AMPosted by PresJPolk

I was just coming up with ideas from a Warlocks perspective, and it does matter. I HATE Hadronox Druid and I made a post about it months ago. Since then I made a Howlfiend deck and have yet to lose to Hadronox Druid or Shudderwock. I fair decently against the meta as well.