Came back after a year, very frustrated

Community Discussion
Holy cow, I always enjoyed Hearthstone as fun way to pass the time.

But what a cancer it is to play the same 3 decks match after match.
Shudderwock Shaman, Lich Queen Jaina, Cubelock/Healock
On top of the fact that all the meta decks are basically mill decks so what you used to be a 10 minute or 15 minute match is now 30 minutes to lose, always. It unwinable losses. When I stopped playing it wasn't anything wrong with hearthstone, just got sucked into other things. Sure there was mill druid and rogue decks, the occasional patron warrior, but there was way more variety and those decks where beatable.

The worse part is see the same 3 card openers, and you know that you should just concede and save yourself 30 minutes.

One of the biggest things I see, is that in the early years Hearthstone devs, carefully added actions to cards, with a card performing one action, maybe 2 for a legendary. Now there are floods of regular cards that can perform 2 or 3 actions, with legendarys have a wall of text to describe their abilities.

I really believe this game would benefit from a less is more approach. I get that you need to one up packs, and motivate people to buy cards. But this game feels like its completely lost its way, and does not feel at all like what Hearthstone started out as.

Really trying to get excited for this week, but I really miss the old hearthstone.
We all do, but the reality of it is !@#$ty development is what you get nowdays. I mean look at the majority of blizz games, you get 0 good feedback and its all about the bottom dollar instead of the gaming experience like in the old days.

If you want real ideas, you got to pay and hire real players that have them, not developers living out of RVs trying to survive on the %^-* wages they pay them in california.

Sad I know right? But very true.
Granted if you JUST came back you're playing in an extremely settled Meta. However, I truly dislike the pacing in general. It used to be a much slower game, and a lot less rng generating cards. The only thing consistent now is how hard RNG wrecks you.
08/05/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Gator21

On top of the fact that all the meta decks are basically mill decks so what you used to be a 10 minute or 15 minute match is now 30 minutes to lose, always. It unwinable losses. When I stopped playing it wasn't anything wrong with hearthstone, just got sucked into other things. Sure there was mill druid and rogue decks, the occasional patron warrior, but there was way more variety and those decks where beatable.

The worse part is see the same 3 card openers, and you know that you should just concede and save yourself 30 minutes.

One of the biggest things I see, is that in the early years Hearthstone devs, carefully added actions to cards, with a card performing one action, maybe 2 for a legendary. Now there are floods of regular cards that can perform 2 or 3 actions, with legendarys have a wall of text to describe their abilities.

I really believe this game would benefit from a less is more approach. I get that you need to one up packs, and motivate people to buy cards. But this game feels like its completely lost its way, and does not feel at all like what Hearthstone started out as.

Really trying to get excited for this week, but I really miss the old hearthstone.

I havent played yet but from some twitch streams I agree,old gods-arthas and maybe goblins vs gnomes were on of my favourite times. As far as development is concerned,I think blizzard is going through a crysis right now. Look at overwatch's huge unbalance problems. WoW 8.0 messy launch and further leveling nerfs on top of 7.3.5 scaling (Not to mention time-gated content)
08/05/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Gator21

Be thankful for 3. Card release day. Should be A LOT of Druids.

Biology Project
ramped to 10 mana

Innervate
Naturalize
Mechathun

WIN!