When is Shudderwock Stopping? (Enough is enough)

Play Mode Discussion
08/06/2018 02:41 AMPosted by ArtikFox
Well, OP I guess you lucked out. Just run Azalina. The rework of her effect allows you to copy cost reductions and buffs now too.

Survive a turn, play all of those Shudderwocks, her battlecry is initiated by the Shudderwocks too so you keep regaining their hand.

As others have explained though, Shudderwock is not that great. Sometimes they get great draws and can play the whole thing combo and all for infinite Shudders turn 9, but most of the time it takes them a while. Pressure and win condition is key.
Most players know about this strategy at this point so they don't play Grumble and just win with Zola.
Warrior, with the latest patch, now counters shudderwock decks. Probably more like 80/20 in favor of warrior as you can't be too low on health when they combo. Just need cornered sentry, blood razor, azalina, and the kobold that gives armor for every enemy minion. After they play shudderwock for the first time, play azalina and bam...can play 3 shudderwocks and always end up getting more (from azalina battlecry). From the other triggers, you will constantly give enemy minions, gain armor, and wipe the board. Evenetually, shaman will die to fatigue and you'll have 500 armor.
08/06/2018 04:12 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
08/06/2018 02:41 AMPosted by ArtikFox
Well, OP I guess you lucked out. Just run Azalina. The rework of her effect allows you to copy cost reductions and buffs now too.

Survive a turn, play all of those Shudderwocks, her battlecry is initiated by the Shudderwocks too so you keep regaining their hand.

As others have explained though, Shudderwock is not that great. Sometimes they get great draws and can play the whole thing combo and all for infinite Shudders turn 9, but most of the time it takes them a while. Pressure and win condition is key.
Most players know about this strategy at this point so they don't play Grumble and just win with Zola.

You can’t play two Shudderwocks in one turn with just the Zola battlecry which is very consequencial to what is happening during the match. And Zola and Grumble can fail if they proc before Saronite or if zola hits a minion that is Mc Tech’d or on board already.

Zola just increases the chances it will work. It was put into the deck because it’s a great addition to play another Saronite or double Keleseth sometimes. The deck makers largely decided that murmuring elemental was a dead card in hand for 95% of the match and put Zola as a semi-workable replacement.

Mummuring Elemental can backfire because the deck shifted to add Hagatha and double Shudderwock means double Hagatha and can potentially kill the combo.

The evolution of the deck went into a greedy path...sometimes you get Keleseth late which makes it pretty useless. Sometimes you overdraw and burn cards. Also some decks run only one Lifedrinker which makes it more inconsistent. Don’t get me started with Hagatha generated spells. The only saving grace is using MC Tech and even some decks will play around it at first.
Next expansion. Then, people will start asking for Shudderwock's return because at least they were losing on turn 9 and got the chance to play something. In next meta, the one who goes first will win thanks to magnets.
08/05/2018 07:09 PMPosted by DragonZzEyez
You already know it's breaking the game why continue to negatively affect the gameplay for others trying to climb the ranked ladder?
"breaking the game" lol
rank 20 players shouldn't be allowed to make the same topics eevryday
I mean...

The instant win infinite shudderwock combo will be gone in April when saronite chain gang and grumble are gone.

It will still get run in decks, since copying battlecries is crazy good.

Even without copying himself... a shaman can build a deck that creates a 26 damage stealth, windfury, divine shield shudderwock via 2x omega defenders, a corpsetaker (with al'akir in deck) and a coppertail imposter.

And that's not even considering the battlecries in the 2 sets before the combo rotates out.

That's generally a pretty scary thing to have on board.

So... 2 years of seeing shudderwock. I doubt that blizz will print a second instant win combo for them during year 2.
I still fail to understand why people hate shudderwok so much?

1) It's hardly "OP", it doesn't even win 50% of its games last I checked.

2) Blizzard fixed it so you can concede while it's going off, and limited the battlecries to make it less obnoxious

3) It's literally all Shaman has. Shaman would be Warlock from a few expansions back otherwise.

Besides all that, once you get to the higher (above 15) ranks, you almost never see it. I've been playing a nonstop bunch of paladin and rogue here, with the very rare hunter/mage. Haven't seen shaman in days.
I find what you said Marcoscongas to be really quite offensive. Everyone here that doesn't think un-avoiadable no counter play win conditions are a pain are hypocrites.

If you could only vs against infinite fireball mage and shudderwock shaman with a control deck that had no way to counter play either combo's but you knew that without those combo's you'd win every single time for the rest of your hearthstone day's, yes. Yes you would be very annoyed and frustrated.

At the end of the day people saying to play certain cards or certain ways are making very poor excuses and obviously just don't care.

I mean the only two options to side with in this discussion are either you like losing to no counter play decks or you don't. You have to agree or disagree.

The only thing I would accept for those that play warlock is if someone mentioned the card demonic project. That actually makes vsing those decks a bit fair. But otherwise there is nothing to can say to defend against it being fun to lose to no counter play decks.

(You cannot post telling people to play the game a certain way or run certain cards to beat the deck when they're all RNG reliant. It is not a solution, it's an excuse. If I was that desperate to win I would of never posted in the first place. People are missing the point that it's about decks that have no counter play win conditions that is the problem here. There should never ever exist a deck that instantaneously beats another deck as long as both players play correctly)