how to kill mechathun

Play Mode Discussion
As title says.
Good ways to kill mechathun (while getting the dr off) with any of the classes.
Don't post if you want keep yours a secret,

druid:
-mechathun innervate naturalize.
-floob after mechathun followed by starfall.
-petal discounted mechathun/voodoo doll followed by voodoo doll and moonfire.
-single/double galvanizer discounted mechathun followed by double/single innervate/biology project voodoo doll and moonfire.

warlock:
-double galvanizer discounted mechathun followed by bloodbloom and catyclism

Warrior:
-Single galvanizer discounted mechathun followed by shield slam.

rogue:
-double galvanizer discounted mechathun followed by backstab eviscerate prep eviscerate. Can skip the galvanizer if you have 2x prep

mage:
-I don't see how mage can do it reliably

shaman:
-double galvanizer discounted mechathun followed by zap and crushing hand
-eureka does not work,thx for clarification. edited.

paladin:
-I don't see how paladin can do it other then getting a reduction on mechathun from prismatic lense

hunter:
-I don't see how hunter could do it

priest:
-double galvanizer discounted mechathun,coin from gilded gargoyle and shadow word death

@below:thx! I was sort of looking for suggestions.
Hunter can do it with double Galvanizer, mecha’thun, hunters mark on the mecha’thun, and arcane shot to kill mecha’thun.

Paladin can do it by having two missile launchers and mecha’thun die first, then playing Kangor’s Endless Army and equality, setting all three to one health. The missile launchers kill each other and mecha’thun.
So Giest counters Naturalize, Hunter's Mark, and Shield Slam.

Transform removal counters Paladin.

And Rebuke counters all.
Hunter- boomkazooka with 3 or less minions including Mecha’Thun in deck lol
I'll be honest, I have no idea what effect or strategy being discussed. is this supposed to be something like "one paladin"?
Good way to utilize mechathun is to disenchant it and spend 400 dust on your favorite epic. Card is a pile of trash just like the Hunter legendary.
08/05/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Asuba
I'll be honest, I have no idea what effect or strategy being discussed. is this supposed to be something like "one paladin"?
Mecha'thun's deathrattle destroys the enemy hero if you have no cards in your deck, hand or on your side of the board.

If a Warlock can draw out their entire deck, the Bloodbloom combo would be a OTK.
Priest : twilight's call - DK hero power the 1/1 thun.

Note : must be on dk mode, thun is the only DR minion on your deck and must die before.
08/05/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Wardrum
08/05/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Asuba
Mecha'thun's deathrattle destroys the enemy hero if you have no cards in your deck, hand or on your side of the board.

If a Warlock can draw out their entire deck, the Bloodbloom combo would be a OTK.

I just realized its effect is a deathrattle. I honestly thought it was a battlecry.
08/05/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Asuba
08/05/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Wardrum
...Mecha'thun's deathrattle destroys the enemy hero if you have no cards in your deck, hand or on your side of the board.

I just realized its effect is a deathrattle. I honestly thought it was a battlecry.
That would be nuts lol
Every single class has a Mecha'Thun OTK. This is because the 3 cards that make up the core of the OTK are all neutral.

Every single class has multiple ways to pull it off. All of them can do it without using 1-cost cards (sorry for those looking for the easy OTK Mecha'Druid counter).

The trick to building a Mecha'Thun deck isn't killing Mecha'Thun. The trick is getting rid of all your cards in deck and hand without letting your opponent just run you over while you are doing it. Oh, and you opponent is almost certainly going to know what you are up to as soon as you start pushing heavy card draw.
Those 3 cards is galvanizer,mechathun and voodoo doll? (just making sure)
I don't think its so easy to get mechathun killed in practice,i still don't see it with mage without additional coin but I will have another look.

I think it maybe is viable with druid,turn 15-ish while having a similar defence and tempo as the current malygos druid. There also is no need to rush mechathun per se (though it is the most fun and attractive option to try and also needed to compete with other combo decks) If the game goes on long enough you will draw and play all your cards by themselves.
08/05/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Rassy
Those 3 cards is galvanizer,mechathun and voodoo doll? (just making sure)
I don't think its so easy to get mechathun killed in practice,i still don't see it with mage without additional coin but I will have another look.

I think it maybe is viable with druid,turn 15-ish while having a similar defence and tempo as the current malygos druid. There also is no need to rush mechathun per se (though it is the most fun and attractive option to try and also needed to compete with other combo decks) If the game goes on long enough you will draw and play all your cards by themselves.

Mage = Glyph Into Pocket Galaxy, Freeze and Doomsayer or Voodoo Doll. (A.I., Book , Aluneth, Research Project easy deck fatigue)
So I found a pretty reliable way to do it with Paladin. It works with hunter too, but Goblin Prank just seems easier to pull off. The idea is to get C'thun to 8 and a Skaterbot to 0 with galvanizers. Then with an empty deck and your last 3 cards in hand, C'thun+Skaterbot (as a buff)+Equality and just trade into a minion with more than 0 attack (let's be real, they will have that). Also has the perk of synergizing with crystology nicely.
As a sidenote, I don't care how improbable/dumb the combo is, I just really wanna win a game by slamming into something using a MECHANICAL OLD GOD ON A SKATEBOARD. You can't say that doesn't sound like the most swag win condition of all time.
08/05/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Rassy
Those 3 cards is galvanizer,mechathun and voodoo doll?

The 3 cards are 2x Galvanizer and Mecha'Thun. The result is an 8 cost Mecha'Thun giving any class 2 mana to play with to figure out how to kill him.

Every class can OTK, although some classes have a vastly easier time of it than others. The easiest Warlock who can play Mecha'Thun, kill Mecha'Thun, kill all their minions, and empty their hand all for 10 mana. The trickiest is Paladin who has to fudge things beyond that 2 mana to get an OTK, but even they can combo it in one turn.
Maybe a stupid question, but if you manage to clear your deck through various means, would deathwing work to discard your hand and clear your board?
Is this finally a use for Keening Banshee?
I just wanted to point out that 'Eureka!' doesn't work. The card summons a COPY of a minion in your hand. You would still have the original stuck in your hand when the copy dies. The deathrattle would not trigger.
08/06/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Migol
Maybe a stupid question, but if you manage to clear your deck through various means, would deathwing work to discard your hand and clear your board?

Deathwing is still on the board, so Mecha'Thun's deathrattle fails.

Even if you play Mecha'Thun after using Deathwing to clear, you have a whole host of obstacles.
-Deathwing dumps your hand. So you cannot have Mecha'Thun in hand when you play the lil' dragon.
-Because you cannot have Mecha'Thun in hand, you could not have used Galvanizers to reduce it's cost yet. This means you cannot have them in hand either.
-So after Deathwing, you are going to have draw and play your 2 Galvanizers, but only after also drawing Mecha'Thun. This isn't the worst thing you can be trying to do late game, but it's definitely way up there.

Anyway, Deathwing is a terribad idea. He's a terribad idea even if you aren't using him to set up an OTK. The only way he's not a terribad idea is if you can cheat him into play, and a Mecha'Thun OTK deck is not the place to be trying to set that trick up.
Deathwing is pretty bad indeed. Another bad combination is azalina/toggwaggle + mechathun as I discovered when I tried to combine those 2,impossible to pull off.
For the list of funzy anti mechathun tech,you could play toggwaggle+azalina combo to swap with the nearly empty mechathun deck and give them your halve full deck. That will be a huge stall for them and if you draw the rest of what he has left in deck you can most likely pull off the combo yourself.
But as a reliable counter I think its to slow as it might take longer to set up then mechathun. Maybe with good timing it can hard counter,its kinda interesting from a theoretical point of vieuw.
Toggwaggle+azalina seem to be a natural counter to slow-ish combos. It works more or less against shudder and it should also work against mechathun.