Turn 2 Shinyfinder
Turn 3 Kingsbane + Leeching
Turn 4 Give Kingsbane poisonous
Turn 5 Play Greenskin
Turn 6 SHadowstep Greenskin
Turn 7 assasinate my taunt
Turn 8 Deadly Poison.
Turn 9 I Concede.

Cant see how you can beat LEeching and Envenom so early..
Don't worry too much about it. It won't survive Boomsday.

It's a good deck now because only Druids are Taunt heavy minion-based, and the only real combo-ish deck is Shudderwock which just isn't fast enough to deal with Kingsbane.

Post Boomsday release you'll still have Taunt Druid, but they'll be joined by Control Mechwarrior, Rezclone Priest, and ZOMG SO OP Deathrattle Hunter, all of which require you do something about their minions other than smash your face into them repeatedly.

On top of that, Rogue players will have multiple better options as Quest Rogue is getting massive help, Bunny Rogue is going to be a thing, and a more-pure Miracle Rogue (I'm dying to have someone explain exactly what "more-pure" actually means in terms of Miracle Rogue. I mean, I typed it and immediately went WTF? But just before I was about to try and come up with something less nonsensical, I decided, nope. Let the world deal with it. I'm going to bed.) will be replacing the Kingsbane-Miracle hybrid that's shown up in standard.
Well if he didn't have a second Shiny Finder and you killed his first one, weapon destruction could have slowed him down a bit. It seems he had a good start. That does happen sometimes, just like sometimes their leeching poisons are buried somewhere in their deck.
I was wondering are openers too decisive in some games?

Some scenarios :

You have multiple board clears for early aggro then you get smashed up by Giants and other big threats early on.

You have multiple hard removals and then you get smashed up by Aggro.

Or you have these removals and then get killed by a turn 5 Spellstone for 4 x 3/3, or a Level Up.

There seems to be not much where you can have a "Good game" which goes to and fro. Just feels like my opponent played his minions / recruits and I could not respond because either
A I did,nt have enough removals, or
B, My removals were at the bottom,
C, He could ignore my minions and go face,
D Not enough heals.

What is the secret to a Good Game guys ?? All I am asking for is a game where my success is not dependant on either drawing well.

I guess I should play Big Spell Mage thinking about it due to the number of hard removals and early removals they can run.

I just wish Blizzard would decide what type of game Hearthstone is as it cannot seem to work at the moment due to the fact that some archtypes against others is basically a cakewalk.

Do they want a Aggro based game so all games will last 2-3 mins and players die by turn 3-5 or do they want a game where people play their decks and respond to board states.
In standard, a not late geist will keep it in check. Though an ealy poison+lifesteal is hard to beat.
In wild I don't think it realy has counters except aggro.
I can understand your frustration against KB Rogue.

My opponent ooze'd me, for me to top deck the weapon next turn.

This game is sometimes evil.
why would you want to counter kingsbane? it's a tier 29 deck
08/05/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Crazyman666
why would you want to counter kingsbane? it's a tier 29 deck

Very true, Its just very frustrating when your opponent gets the draws they need for their deck and you do not for yours and you ask yourself when the game finishes "What could I have done different?" and a lot of the time the answer is "Nothing".

I was unable to answer his Kingsbane (I have 2 geists in deck btw) so I lost.

I was unable to give a suitable answer to a turn 1 Voidwalker, turn 2 Voodoo Doctor, Happy Ghoul x 2 so I just lose. (even having 2 defiles, 2 hellfires)

I could,nt answer a turn 4 Giant even having 2 Voodoo Dolls, and 2 Siphon Souls so I lose.

I guess that's the nature of card games.

Thanks for pointing out it,s not a "frequent" deck so I should not worry too much about it when it rears it,s ugly head as the next Kingsbane player may not be so lucky.
warlock can counter kingsbane
all you need is any weapon destruction and the 2/3 minion that destroys the top card of their deck

wait until they run outta cards, then destroy kingsbane and play the 2/3
08/05/2018 06:54 AMPosted by engine
all you need is any weapon destruction and the 2/3 minion that destroys the top card of their deck

So what do you do whilst they are buffing the hell out of Kingsbane and have a 9/3 lifesteal equipped how long can you last ??
08/05/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Drib
08/05/2018 06:54 AMPosted by engine

So what do you do whilst they are buffing the hell out of Kingsbane and have a 9/3 lifesteal equipped how long can you last ??

well a good warlock deck can last a long time.
Need to play hyper aggro to burst them before they can get their nonsense off.
Missile Launcher + plague scientist will be a fun combo for rogue to play with.

Dont know if it will fit in kingsbane, but it's a board clear that the deck is sorely lacking in the late game.

At the moment, there is no direct counter to kingsbane. One option is to hold an azalina and hope they end a turn with a highly buffed weapon in hand.

Lots of weapon removal can deaden the hand early on, but in order for that to be reliable, you really need to be running 3-4 weapon destroy cards to get around the ways rogue can fetch kingsbane.

Probably the best late game option to deal with it right now is frost lich jaina, and just keep the rogue very, very frozen.
08/05/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Drib
How do you counter Kingsbane?

This was my opponents turns.

Turn 1 Nothing
Turn 2 Shinyfinder
Turn 5 Play Greenskin
Turn 8 Deadly Poison.
Turn 9 I Concede.

The problem with trying to "counter" Kingsbane is that Kingsbane itself is a "counter" deck. Just looking at the plays your opponent made, it should show how vulnerable that deck is to any form of aggressive deck. Unfortunately, if you're not playing a fairly aggressive deck, there's only a few ways to really counter Kingsbane (at least in standard). BSM can, if they get an early FL Jaina, keep the rogue perpetually frozen, and sometimes a druid can naturalize to end up burning the Kingsbane. And there's always the hail mary choice of running Gnomeferatu in a Warlock deck.

Otherwise, if you're playing a slower deck, it's important to accept that Kingsbane IS the counter deck, and if you're facing them frequently enough then it's time to either switch decks or wait for your pocket meta to shift away from Kingsbane.
soul thief is pretty nice if you find them with it in hand
08/05/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Drib
How do you counter Kingsbane?

This was my opponents turns.

Turn 1 Nothing
Turn 2 Shinyfinder
Turn 5 Play Greenskin
Turn 8 Deadly Poison.
Turn 9 I Concede.

Wait, you left Greenskin up? Ok, that's problem number one, kill that bastard as soon as he hits the board (saying this as someone who plays Kingsbane Rogue because oh my god, can we please get a real archetype other than Miracle AGAIN).

Also, what the HECK kind of rogue has Assassinate in their deck? O_o I think the only time I've seen that casted is during random deck Tavern Brawls for the last year.

Some scenarios :

You have multiple board clears for early aggro then you get smashed up by Giants and other big threats early on.

Or you have these removals and then get killed by a turn 5 Spellstone for 4 x 3/3, or a Level Up.

There seems to be not much where you can have a "Good game" which goes to and fro. Just feels like my opponent played his minions / recruits and I could not respond because either
D Not enough heals.

What is the secret to a Good Game guys ?? All I am asking for is a game where my success is not dependant on either drawing well.

I guess I should play Big Spell Mage thinking about it due to the number of hard removals and early removals they can run.

I just wish Blizzard would decide what type of game Hearthstone is as it cannot seem to work at the moment due to the fact that some archtypes against others is basically a cakewalk.

Do they want a Aggro based game so all games will last 2-3 mins and players die by turn 3-5 or do they want a game where people play their decks and respond to board states.

As a general rule: the larger the opening hand, the less your opening hand matters. The reason is simply that 3 cards (this game) gives you extremely limited options on what you can possibly to compared to 10 cards (even if from a larger deck, up to a certain point), because in both cases you probably average 1 card a turn during early turns.

This game generally has extremely weak early game cards compared not only to other games, but to itself in past years. That doesn't mean your early turns do not matter, but it's really a very slow game overall.
08/05/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Drib

Some scenarios :

D Not enough heals.

Just regarding the first statement, yes. The early game tempo has started to have a greater and greater impact on the game after each expansion. Too much, in my opinion. Because early game is so game-defining now, a bad starting hand is a death sentence.
08/05/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Drib

[/quote]

They can be. We sometimes call them "high roll" decks.

I faced a Priest once who was clearly Inner Fire. His opener was Northshire Cleric on 1, and Radiant Elemental + PW:S on 2. If his turn 3 had been Divine Spirit + Inner Fire, I would likely have had no way to win the game from there.

However, he ate my own high roll. Coined Kingsbane + Deadly Poison, then top decked the next Deadly Poison.

It's kind of silly when an opener is so powerful that its only counter is an equally ridiculous opener.
By playing aggro.