Remove "Spreading Plague" and "Defile"

Arena Discussion
This cards give a great advantage to player. It would be nice to ban this cards for pick.
agreed. its a %%%!%*! card
These are tools used against wide boards. It encourages smart play instead of hand vomit. It wasn't the cards that beat you, it was the better player.
11/20/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Doom
These are tools used against wide boards. It encourages smart play instead of hand vomit. It wasn't the cards that beat you, it was the better player.

You really think tools used against wide boards encourages "smart" play rather than the fact you're just playing an OP card, makes someone a better player? As someone with 100 12-win runs, and a few 12-0's, with average win of 6 wins, I think you're being disingenuous. And I'm not even agreeing with OP. But you're not being real in your evaluation of the cards.
I think Doom phrased it rather black and white, but I also think he definitely has a point.
Many (beginning, I assume) Arena players fall into the trap of using all their mana each turn and getting as many minions as possible on the board, regardless of the overall state of the game. Once they have enough mana they tend to empty their hand and fill their board. Obviously, any board clear (defile, flamestrike, twisting nether, etc etc) is very punishing at such a time, as are cards such as spreading plague or MCTech.

More experienced Arena players avoid this. I am only slightly above average myself (4.25 average score over 511 runs since I started tracking in August 2015). But I have learned to NOT go wide when I am ahead. If I have board control, I usually limit the board to 3 strong minions, to play around MC Tech. I'll just clear opponent minions, hit face with remaining attacks, and then pass the turn if I still have three minions left and nothing to play that would generate a fourth minion. I'd rather keep my cards in hand so that if my opponent finds a board clear I can immediately refill.
It changes when I'm behind. If I already lost the board I do not hesitate to spam the board with all I have. I consider that a last-ditch effort to regain control of the game and if my opponent has a board clear then so be it - I already was losing and now the deal is sealed. But again, I would not take that gamble if I am ahead, or even if the board is still even.

I do agree that many massive board clears are stronger in Arena than they are in constructed. I always look for board clears in my draft, and try to use them as effective as possible. But strong is not the same as OP. There are lots and lots of other strong to very strong cards as well. Please let's not go down the slippery slope of banning the strongest cards - after banning that other cards will be the strongest, and the slippery slide will eventually lead to drafts consisting of 30 Wisps.

Strong cards are okay in Arena. As long as they are bucketed correctly so that during the draft the player still has to make a tough choice, e.g. between either a strong board clear or a strong minion. Because at the end of the day, that's what Arena is all about: about making those decisions during the draft and then regretting them (or not) as the games unfold.
Agreed on Spreading Plague. Simply scales way too much, but then again, just another broken card from KOTFT. Who the heck designed that set? At least sets since then have improved in balance.

6 mana for 1/5 taunt, bad.
6 mana for 2/10 taunt, ok.
6 mana for 3/15 taunt, great.
6 mana for 4/20 taunt, broken.
11/25/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Spaceman
Agreed on Spreading Plague. Simply scales way too much, but then again, just another broken card from KOTFT. Who the heck designed that set? At least sets since then have improved in balance.

6 mana for 1/5 taunt, bad.
6 mana for 2/10 taunt, ok.
6 mana for 3/15 taunt, great.
6 mana for 4/20 taunt, broken.

... did someone say 420?
yea cuz you have to be high as a kite to consider playing this heap
They are being removed already in April.