Very weak expansion for most classes

Play Mode Discussion
If you look at most of the classes for the Boomsday expansion the card pool is very weak to use in most decks in the meta currently. The strongest class by-far is going to be an overall Druid with the card pool give already deck types played a pretty good boost.
The second up who could get a nice deck improvement from this expansion would have to be is zoolock with cards like Doubling Imp coming.
Not sure, but my last pick with being the warrior with Dr boom and many other new cards coming to this class with the new rush cards.
When it comes to an expansion's impact on classes, it's best to wait a month or two AFTER it comes out to really say for sure.
08/05/2018 06:00 PMPosted by GostTemplar
If you look at most of the classes for the Boomsday expansion the card pool is very weak to use in most decks in the meta currently. The strongest class by-far is going to be an overall Druid with the card pool give already deck types played a pretty good boost.
The second up who could get a nice deck improvement from this expansion would have to be is zoolock with cards like Doubling Imp coming.
Not sure, but my last pick with being the warrior with Dr boom and many other new cards coming to this class with the new rush cards.

I can't wait to bump this post in a month.
To me it looks best for druids and rogues.

The new druid cards provide support for a bunch of different druid archetypes, which are all already pretty good. Biology Project in particular seems very strong for a high mana curve deck that can really take advantage of ramp, backed up by Swipe, Spreading Plague, and maybe even Primordial Drake. A Token deck may potentially want to run eight 5+ mana spells, enabling them to cheat out an Arcane Tyrant or two on turn 2 or 3.

For Rogues, Academic Espionage looks insane, and the neutral Augmented Elekk has extremely strong synergy with both Academic Espionage and Faldorei Strider, both of which it can curve right into. Lab Recruiter is also an extremely strong mechanic which will certainly see some use at some point in standard, and will immediately be used in mill decks in wild.

Also not too bad for Zoo Warlock, Midrange Warrior, or Elemental or Token Shaman. Out of these, Zoo Warlock is currently the best and most likely to see success. I definitely think card quality has increased more for the other two archetypes, though.

Pretty bad for priests, and probably hunters and mages too. Not to say that they got nothing good, but the new cards are unlikely to have a major impact on the meta.

The priest archetype that got the most support seems to be Inner Fire Combo Priest with Topsy Turvy. It is a good card for that strategy, so I would not be suprised to see it used quite effectively in the future. Most of the other priest cards simply seem bad, however.

Hunters got some deathrattle support, some mech support, and some random cool stuff. I don't think any of it will be impactful in standard. Cube Hunter will probably still be the best hunter deck. In wild, Goblin Prank looks like it could be very fun. Maybe Necromechanic as well.

Mages got some good stuff, but I doubt enough to push any one archetype to tier 1. I actually really like the Hand Mage concept, but a 6 mana minion and 7 mana minion are probably not enough to make the deck a thing.

As for paladins, Mech Paladin could possibly be viable, or may not. Odd Paladin will still exist and be quite good, i'm sure.
Druid, Warrior, Priest and Rogue are all getting some nice tools. However, being the experts that we are....time will tell us what is what.

As a general feeling, the expansion isn't really making me feel excited...….but that might be because I don't really like the mech packages outside Warrior. The good news, there will be another expansion with a theme I am into! So lets enjoy it for the folks that love mechs!!
This will become the Malygos Meta.
And not just the Floop Stuff.
You have Rogue Deathrattle stuff with Kobold Illusionist.
Eureka in Shaman
Lunas Pocket Galaxy in Mage
mage:good cards but they are not special cards and you need something special these days. Only a few really bad cards. Both legendarys are disappointing though.
warrior:mostly weak mechs and weak spells that probably wont see play outside the one mech deck that they are made for,warrior is build around dr boom and dr boom alone will make mechs a thing. maybe not t1 but decent enough.
The legendary spell however is a very pleasant surprise and it could be used in various decktypes and with various purpose (board burst and damage burst)
Druid:all good or at least interesting cards. Lots of different combo options,not sure if they will end up being good enough but the cards are fun to play and experiment with. The treant theme is a bit 1 dimensional but it has decent cards still that also could find use in other decks.
Hunter:more dr support,some of the cards are pretty good but overall they are mediocre agro cards I think. The bombs are fun and interesting,a new way to go aggressive. It feels a bit like a mess to me but no doubt something will work,specially first day.
paladin:few ok-ish cards. Few mechs,few control options but no interesting archetype.
Priest:good cards I think with a lot of potential,not easy to find something but they trigger your imagination and my guts tell me something must be there.
rogue:meh, a lot of (very) bad cards. Few cards could be good but I doubt it is enough for anything new that rogue doesn't do already but maybe element can pull off something. Espionage I can see being fun but its bit high roll like,if it will work. Lab recruiter best card ever people say,I cant see a good use for it in rogue as is. (many uses but no good uses)
warlock:generic zoo demon support,feels a bit weak to me. Interesting control option and a legendary minion that gets better in my head everytime I think about it (it can tutor a doomguard!,and a voidlord! oh and you can also baleful it and get a huge amount of value!) but which is probably plain bad. Would be nice if control warlock became a thing again,and then mechathun as wincon. (in my dreams)
Shaman:Feels a bit to weak overall. The legendary minion looks great but it is difficult to think of a good archetype for it. In the end its just a 1 time bonus spell when you cast a spell and how often do you want your spell doubled? Its good and it has lots of flexibility but I think it wont be easy to get a lot of value reliably from this guy. Would it even go in shudderwock,they don't have that much room and might not even need it? its a situational card after all,not only do you need to want to cast a spell twice,you also need have the copy and this legendary in hand. You cant cast it on itself like volcano or lightning storm which in a way makes it less flexible then those cards.

Maybe it will become a "turn 15" meta. Any deck that bases its gameplan on a wincondition that will take longer then 15 turns on average will not be viable. turn 15 is about when I can see most combo (control with wincondition) decks reliably pull off their thing.
It looks like a pretty weak expansion for matches that don't involve the opponent playing solitaire the entire game to set up some otk combo
It looks like a pretty good expansion to me with some very, very powerful meta defining cards, some pure fun cards and of course there's a few totally useless to be forgotten cards, but you always get some of those.

Looking forward to Boomsday!
In my opinion, some of the cards look really busted compared to cards from other sets (stuff like draw your entire deck and minions in your deck cost 1, all from one immediate card aren't normal)
08/06/2018 12:03 AMPosted by JacktR
It looks like a pretty weak expansion for matches that don't involve the opponent playing solitaire the entire game to set up some otk combo

Mechs are in no way, shape or form "Solitaire" cards. This expansion will have a ton of decks centered playing the board. Practically every class received some type of support for these kinds of decks.

I've been playing since TGT and this is by far the most powerful looking expansion I've ever seen in terms of all the different directions you can go in.
Is it just me or do people do this every expansion? Blah blah blah cards are weak and garbage this game sucks blah blah blah. Then 2 weeks later every one complains that all these cards are op.
Anything to promote board play rather than solitaire is welcome, the recent decks I've been seeing makes Grim Patron a interactive master piece.
The only issue with this expansion is that it's based around promoting aggro and midrange decks (aside from Druid), and those decks look like they won't be able to compete against the combo decks that already exist in the meta.

That being said, if combo gets taken down a peg or two, this expansion looks to be extremely fun.