OTK meta income

Play Mode Discussion
nice meta, every deck is now OTK
much fun
very wow
Remember when the meta was settled in 2 hours? Me neither.

You might be right, you might be wrong but the certainty is that we don't know how the dust will settle yet.
Wait two days, people will start playing to win and make ANY aggro deck to kill all the pure cycle-combo OTK decks.
08/07/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Lykotic

You might be right, you might be wrong but the certainty is that we don't know how the dust will settle yet.

I remember. Quest Rogue day one. OP until they nerfed it
08/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by MaximusDM

I also remember N'Zoth Paladin as well.

Sometimes the meta finds one of the strongest decks early and sometimes it finds something that can't work once it is focused on.
You guys cant say the meta will or wont stick. Pirate warrior and quest rogue were 2 day 1 decks that literally ruined metas but decks like shudderwock and nzoth pally fizzled a few days/weeks after.
08/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by MaximusDM

Funny enough, Quest Rogue is what i'm playing right now! Spark creation + Sonya + lab recruiter = lots of 1/1s with the same name.
I have to agree. Combo kills are basically making control unplayable right now (and I haven't even faced any druid decks yet). Exodia Mage, Test Subject Priest, Shudderwock Shaman and more are all present and essentially unbeatable by control decks. I'm not claiming the meta is solved, but if this continues, the game will lose most of its enjoyability for me.
Mech'thun is completely unique and brand new and you're surprised people are trying it out on the first day?
Malygos rogue reporting in. Ready to show those druids who's the essence of magic.
Hate to be that guy but, I've played for about an hour and already hate it. I doubt the settled meta will be much better. I think this game just isn't for me any more. I want my skill and intelligence to account for more than RNG, Randomly generated answers and minions, snowballing effects and OTK, and that just isn't hearthstone.
08/07/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Stickupkids
Hate to be that guy but, I've played for about an hour and already hate it. I doubt the settled meta will be much better. I think this game just isn't for me any more. I want my skill and intelligence to account for more than RNG, Randomly generated answers and minions, snowballing effects and OTK, and that just isn't hearthstone.

Seriously. I'm almost ready to just quit standard, because there's no way to consistently win as control. I've faced 4 different combo decks in the few hours I've been playing, and it's not possible to beat them except by smorcing. A meta where you have to play aggro or OTK combo is not enjoyable.
The only decks Im playing against right now is Zoo
Pig Priest! hahahaha

Have fun dude!
We have already been in an OTK meta. "Health doesn't matter" for a reason.
08/07/2018 01:18 PMPosted by osumatthew
08/07/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Stickupkids

Seriously. I'm almost ready to just quit standard, because there's no way to consistently win as control. I've faced 4 different combo decks in the few hours I've been playing, and it's not possible to beat them except by smorcing. A meta where you have to play aggro or OTK combo is not enjoyable.

You realize the combo decks are a result of control decks like Druid and Warrior that can get to 60+ combined health and armor.

Anyway, the surprising thing to me is that I'm not seeing a bazillion and one aggro decks capitalizing on the fact that combos decks are suppressing control a bit while at the same time still being unrefined enough that they can't handle any kind of pressure.

I suspect that will change in very short order as people start putting together just how fast mech synergy allows you run over decks that don't have all their defense pieces in place yet.
Why do the worst players attempt to make prediction the most?
08/07/2018 04:35 PMPosted by xlux
Why do the worst players attempt to make prediction the most?

Its the Dunning Kruger effect?
Combo decks can only make up a certain percentage of the meta once it settles. I’d much rather they have variety than all being shudderwock so I’m fine with this.
I enjoyed topsy turvy priest but I can imagine it is cancerous to play against. At this point there are so many powerful swing cards, taunts until the end of time, that it would be a rock-paper-scissors and a coinflip as to whether you beat your opponent. I think hearthstone needs more interactive disruption like Dirty Rat, but not super op hero cards like Jaina and the ability to mana cheat e.g. recruit hunter, Possessed Lackey.