Why I'm passing on bundle

Play Mode Discussion
At first I was hyped for this xp, and felt obliged to continue investment in account for the memes.

However, at this point, (playing wild) I have the cards to make 2 or more solid decks for each character. Saved 5000 gold and dust playing minimally.

Why do I need these new random cards from a new expansion? Cards are cards, you have to replace some good ones to use new good ones, all for a 50% win rate anyway.

I'm not really interested in 90% of the legendaries and don't like the random pack opening system at all. Just got 2 free classic packs today and cringed at the 40 dust, packs are just not worth that at $1 a piece. Last xp I was fine after optimistically figuring paying for the dust value, but that was all I really needed from here on out. I don't know anything about the lore or characters, and am not thrilled with most of the art either.

The gold leggo would be nice, as after all my years I only opened 1 gold lego, which im still pretty mad about.. I would be even more mad if I got a useless one to me which is like an 80% chance. I also find mecha Jarax pretty lame..

Still enjoyed the experience on here after all the years, for how repetitive and stressful it usually is (with minimal feature btw).
Learned a lot as I focus on a unique card game of my own..
But yea, they really need to go back to the $15 expansions.
$50 is wayyy too much. calm that down.
As good a deal as it is, $50-80 is too much for me to justify spending on a single Hearthstone expansion.

I enjoy the game, but I'd love to see a $25 for 30 packs option for those who wouldn't mind investing a little but not $150+ a year. I can afford preorders easily, but Hearthstone, fun as it might be, just isn't high on my spending priority list.
Good for you man! And I'm not being sarcastic- nobody has any OBLIGATION to purchase these bundles. I don't mind throwing money at games I enjoy and still need more dust and cards to build the decks I want, so discounted packs are great for me. Still a he'll of a lot cheaper than MTG! But if it's not worth it to you personally then absolutely, you're not obligated to spend money on it :)
Have to agree that a smaller bundle would be nice. I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 each xp to get a good deal on packs. You don't have to include the card back or the hero or even the golden leggo, although getting a reg leggo would be nice to throw in.
I bought both =)

This is one of my hobbies and passions. That's not a lot of money to spend on a hobby.
It is a digital card game, at the most it should be 5 bucks. If its not tangible and real its worthless binary code in cyberspace to whoever wants to pay the piper.

Sorry. Make the bundle 5 bucks, I may buy.

Set needs better development, looks rushed.
08/05/2018 10:40 AMPosted by SuperLegend
However, at this point, (playing wild) I have the cards to make 2 or more solid decks for each character. Saved 5000 gold and dust playing minimally.

Why do I need these new random cards from a new expansion? Cards are cards, you have to replace some good ones to use new good ones, all for a 50% win rate anyway.

This is the advantage of Wild in a nutshell. It might be more expensive in the short-term but in the long-term it eventually is cheaper because unless and expansion is crazy good (powerful) nothing can impact it greatly. Since we're able to get 7-10k dust between expansions from quests Wild becomes fairly easy to F2P after getting a collection.

I also find mecha Jarax pretty lame..

Personal preference but I agree, lol

But yea, they really need to go back to the $15 expansions.
$50 is wayyy too much. calm that down.

They'e pricing themselves to match MtG as they feel, and in my opinion rightfully so, that the digital aspects of this game are more than enough to make up for the 'being able to sell my cards' advantage in MtG. MtG:A is only slightly less than MtG it appears and it is in Magic's best interest to not make MtG:A significantly less expensive than their physical card game.

Your best bet for Blizzard to drop price on expansions is for Artifact to do well and that comes out in November officially.

08/05/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Praetorian
It is a digital card game, at the most it should be 5 bucks. If its not tangible and real its worthless binary code in cyberspace to whoever wants to pay the piper.

Unfortunately for you only a foolish company prices against it's cost (and the artwork, etc. is probably more expensive than you're implying). All companies should price at what the market will take and against their competitors. Right now, in truth, HS' only competition in CCGs is Magic really and they're priced comparably.

I understand that their secondary competition is other games (and tertiary entertainment) but unless they have data showing that many individuals are directly deciding not to buy the packs so they can buy other games this isn't quite as much of a one-to-one ration. For me, as an example, HS causes me to buy less other games and wait on Steam sales for the ones I do buy. I no longer play my XBox titles so that 'saves' me $110+ a year (Madden/Fifa + XBL Gold). As I've said before if you consider that HS causes me to play less other games in the long run with my spending habits in this game I probably spend an extra $50-$150 or so on HS than I would on video games otherwise.
08/05/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Praetorian

Metaphysics would like to have a word with you.
For me I have recently become sober. I just think of the nights I'd spend 300 bucks no problem. Many of us have no problem dropping 200 or 300 on dinner 4 times a year. Or buying a 20 dollar case of beer every week so the price argument is a little redundant because all of us spend money on things we don't need every pay check. If you have fun with hearthstone 50 bucks an expansion 3 times a year is 150. Be honest and ask yourself if you spend 150 dollars a month on something you really don't need? Hearthstone is that for me. I don't see the price as a big deal when I factor it into my fun budget over the course of a year.

To each there own and have a great day. :)

This is the advantage of Wild in a nutshell. It might be more expensive in the short-term but in the long-term it eventually is cheaper because unless and expansion is crazy good (powerful) nothing can impact it greatly. Since we're able to get 7-10k dust between expansions from quests Wild becomes fairly easy to F2P after getting a collection.

[/quote]

This is not true in the slightest, at least not if you are talking about trying to remain competitive in Wild. Even though VS has only been taking stock of the Wild meta for a little more than a year, you can see drastic changes as powerful cards from Standard get nerfed or new expansions are released, not to mention natural shifts in the meta as decks rise and more people start playing their counters.

Compare VS Wild Data Reaper Reports #2 and 3. Jade Druid goes from being a Tier 3 deck to Tier 1 after DK Malfurion, the Lich King, and, most importantly, Ultimate Infestation make the decklist. At the time, Jade was, of course, the ultimate late game deck, like Shudderwock. Unlike Shudderwock, with KoFT, Jade successfully pushed control decks almost completely out of the meta. The Data Reaper goes from showing 5 slow decks being Tier 1 or 2, to literally ONLY Reno Priest showing up in Tier 1 or 2, and that only because of DK Anduin. And if you think that's an outlier because of the power level of KoFT, the advent of Dude Paladin in K&C did something similar.

In truth, if you want to remain competitive in Wild, it is far MORE expensive than Standard, because the answers you need to the problems of new expansions might be buried in the past, but there are just as many NEW problems that can arise with each new expansion.
08/05/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Knappco
This is not true in the slightest, at least not if you are talking about trying to remain competitive in Wild. Even though VS has only been taking stock of the Wild meta for a little more than a year, you can see drastic changes as powerful cards from Standard get nerfed or new expansions are released, not to mention natural shifts in the meta as decks rise and more people start playing their counters.

Really, because most decks are minor retools... even from your own list:

Dude Paladin in Wild is a slightly redone version of Silver Hand Paladin which has been a good deck for quite awhile in Wild - since at least Un'Goro. I've run Secret Hunter in Wild to r5 minimal for the past 4 expansions with only minimal adjustments around leveraging Kathrena from K&C. Another example is that Resurrect Priest has remained unchanged for two expansions so far and I don't see anything drastically altering that deck in the next expansion.

If you want only top 3-5 decks, sure, there is still a lot to keep up on; however, Even Shaman is literally a retooled Jade Shaman with Genn. Odd Rogue is a retooled Water Rogue from MSoG with the only major subouts for the Murlocs being cards you'd get in you ~70 packs or minimal dust investment.

There are far fewer 'Cubelock' rebuilds in Wild than in Standard where a ton of the cards you are using are from the newest expansion.
08/05/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Lykotic
08/05/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Knappco

Really, because most decks are minor retools... even from your own list:

Dude Paladin in Wild is a slightly redone version of Silver Hand Paladin which has been a good deck for quite awhile in Wild - since at least Un'Goro. I've run Secret Hunter in Wild to r5 minimal for the past 4 expansions with only minimal adjustments around leveraging Kathrena from K&C. Another example is that Resurrect Priest has remained unchanged for two expansions so far and I don't see anything drastically altering that deck in the next expansion.

If you want only top 3-5 decks, sure, there is still a lot to keep up on; however, Even Shaman is literally a retooled Jade Shaman with Genn. Odd Rogue is a retooled Water Rogue from MSoG with the only major subouts for the Murlocs being cards you'd get in you ~70 packs or minimal dust investment.

There are far fewer 'Cubelock' rebuilds in Wild than in Standard where a ton of the cards you are using are from the newest expansion.

I'm going to do nothing here except point out that I had references and you spoke solely from your own memory of your experience. Oh, and point out that my examples, and even most of the "simple retools" you quoted almost all require new legendaries, and often new epics.

The BEST you can really say is that Wild is not MORE expensive than Standard, and even that will depend heavily on how competitive you want to be and which decks you choose to run. Some Wild decks are wildly more expensive. Some Standard decks are dirt cheap.
I never intended to pre order, as I'm "one of those people" that view casual Dex players pre ordering anything as part of the problem with what's become of the gaming industry. Anyways Having said that honestly the more cards they revealed the less and less I have looked forward to it, which at this point is none at all.

I'm just not interested in the insane amounts of RNG discovery and Mana Cheating that's being shoved down my throat.

Every expansion there is a deck/decks that cause grief and frustration that take forever to fix or don't get fixed at all. It will become the same boring meta as it always does where you know EXACTLY what your opponent is playing and most of the time know what's coming down every turn. I don't want to be forced into a play style or forced to run tech cards just to experience a positive win rate. It gets kinda old when you know from the first card played if you will win or not, because I dare to be creative and my opponents are just piloting net decks I'm not running specific cards or a specific class against.

I've said this Everytime I make a post like this I play tabletop MTG at multiple venues on multiple occasions with thousands of people and do not experience the same amount of boredom, frustration, or facing endless net decks where I know my opponents every move.

And let's be HONEST, the artwork is absolute GARBAGE. I've seen 3rd grade kids with better work.
08/05/2018 11:24 AMPosted by DarkSeph
I'd love to see a $25 for 30 packs option for those who wouldn't mind investing a little but not $150+ a year. I can afford preorders easily, but Hearthstone, fun as it might be, just isn't high on my spending priority list.

Would also love to see this. I'm never going to preorder at 50 bucks. Taking into account all the gold I save each expansion, I have no need for such a large preorder.
Give me a cheaper option and I'll actually throw down a few dollars...
08/05/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Stickupkids
I've said this Everytime I make a post like this I play tabletop MTG at multiple venues on multiple occasions with thousands of people and do not experience the same amount of boredom, frustration, or facing endless net decks where I know my opponents every move.

I'll trust that you're not making this up on the multiple venue etc. with MtG; however, I can tell you that MtG:A was legitimately 4 decks I'd face on the competitive version of the game (constructed arena basically) prior to 9th launching in July. I played early in 9th and there were 3 very popular decks; however, just like in HS there were also many decks at that time where I hadn't memorized or even knew objective until after turn 3 or so.

08/05/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Stickupkids
And let's be HONEST, the artwork is absolute GARBAGE. I've seen 3rd grade kids with better work.

Animations and sound are what HS does better than, at least, MtG:A and Shadowverse. The artwork itself is hit or miss and I'd agree not up to MtG's level. I wouldn't say 3rd grader level though, most of the HS artwork is good.
I have never, nor will I ever pay them $50+ in a single transaction to rent a bunch of digital cards I cannot trade/sell once I tire of them.

That said, I have spent money on the game now and then on very small deals (beginner bundle and one or two where it was under $10-$20)

I'm willing to toss small amounts now and then to do a small part to support the continued development of the game. But the preorders cost far too much in a single chunk and aren't even that great a deal per pack.

If they want money from me, they need to give me something to buy where the packs are something I actually still want, don't require a large amount in a single purchase, and provide a cheap enough per pack price to feel like a good value.
I’m in the “too expensive” boat too.

It’s not that I couldn’t afford it, but most of the good cards this expac are epic/legend, so I won’t get all the interesting ones even if I dump money into packs anyways; might as well just use dust.

Also, it’s 50 bucks. I’ve been telling myself I don’t need Mario Kart for weeks now, and I’d sooner buy that than a new set of cards.
With all of the bonus stuff they are having prior to the expansion release, I can easily generate 5k in gold with a month and a half of basic farming. I purchased the expansion to not only gain additional packs and a golden legendary but to show my gratitude to Blizz that they are finally reaching a more acceptable medium. Well, at least more acceptable to me.
08/05/2018 02:22 PMPosted by SverdSanity
With all of the bonus stuff they are having prior to the expansion release, I can easily generate 5k in gold with a month and a half of basic farming. I purchased the expansion to not only gain additional packs and a golden legendary but to show my gratitude to Blizz that they are finally reaching a more acceptable medium. Well, at least more acceptable to me.
This! Those resource generating events were AWESOME.
Been playing ranked since release, no arena though, and I always make sure that I don't miss any quest. Can't play all the decks that I want and never could. I always stick to 1 perhaps two high tier decks. It gets the job done but I hate that I can't play all the decks that I want.... not even by a long shot. This is the first time that I bought a release pack. It's fine i guess since I have been playing for multiple years..