What Are Your Draw Rates?

Play Mode Discussion
Hey. I started using Pity Tracker when Knights of the Frozen Throne first came out and have been using it ever since (if anyone doesn’t know what that is, it’s a website where you enter the rarities of each card from each pack you open and it keeps track of your pity timers for you). Being a touch OCD I love it and it really helps with keeping track of everything and letting me know what set I’m close to a legendary or epic with.
Anyway, I was looking over my data after just getting a legendary from the new expansion and was wondering how my numbers compared per set to other people’s numbers. I see on the site how I’m doing in comparison to others overall but not by each expansion. So I figured I’d ask here and see what other people’s card draws were like.
So here are my numbers. Like I said, although I’ve been playing since around the time Blackrock Mountain came out I only started using PT since KotFT. So I don’t have data for sets before then and my Classic numbers are just for Classic packs opened since KotFT came out (which basically means they’re all either Tavern Brawl, Quest, or promo rewards).

#of Packs. Common. Rare. Epic. Legendary.

Classic 79. 278. 93. 18. 6
Knights. 95. 336. 112. 19. 8
Kobolds. 92. 329 109. 18. 4
WitchWd. 80. 274. 99. 22. 5
BoomsD. 89. 319. 103. 18. 5

One quick note: I’m a totally FTP player (except for paying money for the first 3 Adventures) so all of those cards were obtained through either buying packs with gold won in game or from packs given through in game promotions. That’s one of the reasons I love this game so much, I can play and be as competitive as I want without having to spend a ton of money. I’ve usually got enough cards and dust after each expansion to be able to put together at least two competitive decks and a bunch of fun decks. Any new players who are worried they’d have to spend a fortune to enjoy HS, trust me, you don’t.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing what other’s draws have been like from anyone interested in posting.

I forgot to list the golden cards I’ve drawn since starting using Pity Tracker. These are just the total number of golden cards per rarity I’ve drawn from KFT onward, not separated by expansion. Oh, and all these numbers are just cards from packs opened, they don’t include cards received as promos.

Golden cards. Common. Rare. Epic. Legendary.
36. 36. 6. 3

It’s funny, I’ve been playing since BR Mountain but before KFT came out I had yet to get a single golden legendary. Then I got two from KFT and shortly there after one from Classic.
I generally try to shoot for ~100 packs then however many it takes to get to the next legendary then the few more to the next epic. It’s been... painful at times.

Classic 71. 250. 80. 20. 5
Knights. 137. 495. 153. 31. 6
Kobolds. 142. 503. 162. 37. 8
WitchWd. 125. 447. 142. 28. 8
BoomsD. 113. 401. 127. 31. 6
I generally try to shoot for ~100 packs then however many it takes to get to the next legendary then the few more to the next epic. It’s been... painful at times.

I just use up all of the gold I’d managed to save between the new expansion’s release and the last one. That usually gets me between 60-70 packs. Once I hit the next legendary on my Pity Timer I stop buying (using gold) the new set and start saving for the next one. By then I’ve pretty much got all the commons x2 and at least one of most rares so I figure at that point it’s better to use dust for anything I need/want and save the gold for the next set.
08/18/2018 10:29 AMPosted by TheBadJesus

I just use up all of the gold I’d managed to save between the new expansion’s release and the last one. That usually gets me between 60-70 packs. Once I hit the next legendary on my Pity Timer I stop buying (using gold) the new set and start saving for the next one. By then I’ve pretty much got all the commons x2 and at least one of most rares so I figure at that point it’s better to use dust for anything I need/want and save the gold for the next set.

That’s likely the best way to do it.

Honestly, the difference in collection between 90 packs and 120 packs is usually a matter of dust. It’s a pretty good argument for the validity of HS’s F2P model.
I've switched to free to play. But if they bring something back like the Get in Here bundle I'll buy those.
I also hope after Puzzle Lab they keep up with the generous extra gold and dust events because man does that ever keep me playing.
08/18/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Bootytime
I've switched to free to play. But if they bring something back like the Get in Here bundle I'll buy those.
I also hope after Puzzle Lab they keep up with the generous extra gold and dust events because man does that ever keep me playing.

That reminded me, I also bought the Welcome Pack. I don’t mind buying something like that every now and then when it’s a really good deal. And being that I go years without paying for anything I think Blizzard deserves some money from me every now and then for all of the fun I get from their game. I’ll just never be someone who constantly throws a lot of money at the same game (although to each their own and I’ve got nothing against those who do (in fact I’m greatful to them because they’re the ones who keep the game alive and allow me to play for free)).