Damn man, speed up pack opening!

Play Mode Discussion
This is killin me. Opening 100 packs just takes forever. How bout a 'reveal all' button or something.

I feel like this is a forced predatory mechanic to 'train' our gambling tendency by clicking every card as a separate lootbox.

Annoying as hell. Nobody but bliz forces this.
I know you are trying not to sound smug but all I am hearing is "I have 100 card packs to open, brag brag brag".

1/10
Also be nice if they put an icon or something on a card that is 'new' to your collection

after a while you completely lose track of what you already have
08/14/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Headspin
I know you are trying not to sound smug but all I am hearing is "I have 100 card packs to open, brag brag brag".

1/10

The reality is there is no way to ask for a mass open type of command without sounding smug and privileged. That being said I second the request just let people open all their packs at once if that's what they want.
08/14/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Geddon
Also be nice if they put an icon or something on a card that is 'new' to your collection

They do that. Any new card in your collection is highlighted blue until you view it, also with a number next to that class's icon with how many "unviewed" new cards you have for that class/neutral pool.
Why are you so rushed to get mostly duplicates?
i'd be happy with making it so i dont have to click on each card in a freshly opened pack to see what it is. just show me all 5 cards as soon as the pack opens and let me move on

New cards have a blue highlight until you view it. To see all your newly opened cards in the Collection, type "new" in the Search filter.
08/14/2018 08:27 PMPosted by RubberDucky
i'd be happy with making it so i dont have to click on each card in a freshly opened pack to see what it is. just show me all 5 cards as soon as the pack opens and let me move on

I would be fine with this as long as it was something you can choose to opt out of.
The hype when you hover over 2 legendary cards in a single pack, streamers love it!

It gets them more views and more views means more fans, which I support for em.
They dedicate 10 hours a day to playing this game, which is borderline insanity!

Don't take that from them lol
08/14/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Geddon
This is killin me. Opening 100 packs just takes forever. How bout a 'reveal all' button or something.

I feel like this is a forced predatory mechanic to 'train' our gambling tendency by clicking every card as a separate lootbox.

Annoying as hell. Nobody but bliz forces this.

There are literally government and consumer advocate agencies pointing at lootbox systems like Hearthstone's and saying "you know, these look a heck of a lot like slot machines".

Not trying to start the whole "is it technically gambling" debate here. I'm just saying that even if you don't think opening lootboxes is gambling, it's clearly inspired by the 'real' thing.

No, it's not a coincidence. These systems are designed from the ground up to push all the same buttons that the flashing lights and 'near misses' of slot machines push.

The only reason it's a topic for debate is because most governments define gambling as something where you have a chance of getting nothing and/or the reward has to actually be tangible.

Not trying to re-ignite the whole "is it gambling" debate, I'm just saying you can't deny lootboxes are inspired by slot machines at the very least.
agreed, buying packs with coins and opening them is the worst part of every expansion... i just want the cards quicker

1/10

I hate these kind of comments....

Yes he’s got 100packs to open and your reaction is to be angry at him about it because what?

He’s got 100 packs to open or you don’t have 100 packs to open?

If your reaction is calling him out for bragging maybe look at yourself and wonder why your reaction wasn’t “good for him”
A little off this topic but still relevant,
People are allowed to be proud of what they have and are completely entitled to tell others about it.
How you react to that situation is all on you. In other words let people be proud of what they have and don’t make them feel bad about it because your ur jealous.
But then you'd have to skip all of the parts that are designed to trigger dopamine and get you addicted to opening more packs. Works especially great on children.

1/10

All I am hearing is " jealous, jealous,jealous"
Opening packs is what this game is all about. It’s a card game. What’s the rush?
08/14/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Systemworks

New cards have a blue highlight until you view it. To see all your newly opened cards in the Collection, type "new" in the Search filter.

I did not know this..
I opened over 100 card packs when Boomsday came out, all without spending a dime.

And I agree I don't want to watch laggy stupid animations of duplicate epics over and over.
08/15/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Right

1/10

All I am hearing is " jealous, jealous,jealous"

Really? No matter, it sounds like so much of a first world problem to me.

Reminds me of a certain film where a drug dealer is moaning about not having a money counter.
they should rather add auto squelch first but based on the fact that they didnt add this simple feature shows that they will probably never add your suggestion although its a good idea