Azalina Soulthief

New Player Tavern
F-this random piece of s#!t. I'm fairly new, got it. I also know excessive RNG vs. skill. When there's not a g'damn thing you can do to change the tide because 3 wisps, paladin power, 2/2 wisps, badda boom, no counter, nothing, unless you get the perfect, and I do mean PERFECT draw, this is not doable under any circumstances. F-this. She takes a fun, maybe even challenging, round to worthless and totally pointless just by her existence. F-this.
08/23/2018 06:18 PMPosted by TheWiredMonk
F-this random piece of s#!t. I'm fairly new, got it. I also know excessive RNG vs. skill. When there's not a g'damn thing you can do to change the tide because 3 wisps, paladin power, 2/2 wisps, badda boom, no counter, nothing, unless you get the perfect, and I do mean PERFECT draw, this is not doable under any circumstances. F-this. She takes a fun, maybe even challenging, round to worthless and totally pointless just by her existence. F-this.

I feel that this type of card is actually needed in the game. There should be punishments for both having an empty hand or having a lot of cards.

How can you at all call it RNG when YOU are deciding what cards to keep in your hand? Azalina is a horribly overcosted 3/3 against fast decks, almost the perfect "I lose" card. It shines against control decks or any greedy decks.
08/23/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Bobb
08/23/2018 06:18 PMPosted by TheWiredMonk

I feel that this type of card is actually needed in the game. There should be punishments for both having an empty hand or having a lot of cards.

How can you at all call it RNG when YOU are deciding what cards to keep in your hand? Azalina is a horribly overcosted 3/3 against fast decks, almost the perfect "I lose" card. It shines against control decks or any greedy decks.

I am pretty sure he is taking about Monster Hunt boss =)
08/23/2018 08:30 PMPosted by ChaosSlayer

I am pretty sure he is taking about Monster Hunt boss =)

Oops.

That's even scarier. The bosses are meant to be challenging, but a well-drafted deck tears right through most of them. Sometimes it takes a few runs to draft a really good deck, but once you do the games practically play themselves.
I've found Azalina difficult. You focus on controlling the board until you can put out a board clear followed by a bunch of mid or large minions, but then you can get screwed over by her playing the card that destroys her wisps and gains control of an enemy minion for each. That can pretty much be a game ender. The games against her tend to stall out pretty long, no quick wins against her really.
Azalina is very difficult. She swarms board quickly and starts buffing up. The only time I beat her was with Houndmaster with +2hp +2 heal up bonuses - I could consistently remove the wisps and not take damage. And if she tried mind control - she only got 1/3 dog.