Puzzle Lab So Boring. Why not more adventures instead???

Adventure Mode Discussion
As predicted, this Adventure Mode doesn't appeal to me at all. It's more like a tutorial mode which because I already have learned how to maximize damage and get around boards is just dumbed down hearthstone.

Don't bother flaming on this thread if it appeals to you. I'm just really sad they decided on this over another Dungeon Run format. Very concerned that they won't make another one ever despite the huge fanfare and awesome replay value they have to them. I feel they really wasted their time on this obvious idea, but hey, it is really beneficial to new players so I'll give it that.
You obviously have not played much because the puzzles latter on are clearly not targeted at new players. Some of the Dr Boom puzzles can take hours even for the most experienced players.
08/22/2018 02:25 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
Some of the Dr Boom puzzles can take hours even for the most experienced players.

Yes, this is exactly the issue, I play Hearhtstone because it is relatively quick, I don’t have hours of my time to sit and think over a single puzzle. Also, once you figure out the puzzles, it’s over. I go back and replay old adventure all the time, especially near the end of an expansion when the meta is boring.

Also, was not pleased that one of the mirror challenges had an RNG card that you had to play to win. All the puzzles should be straight fwd to win.
The last two dungeon runs are still very replayable, which is likely why the developers went to the puzzle challenge. It's good to have something different in an expansion.

I will still crank out a dungeon run every week or so. I really don't need another one that is just slightly different since there is so much variety in the original.
08/23/2018 04:32 AMPosted by titans309fan
The last two dungeon runs are still very replayable, which is likely why the developers went to the puzzle challenge. It's good to have something different in an expansion.

I will still crank out a dungeon run every week or so. I really don't need another one that is just slightly different since there is so much variety in the original.

I suppose, but I'd still rather have a new dungeon/adventure mode with actual gameplay. I guess I'll just take solace in the fact that making all these puzzles means we won't get something like this for a ridiculously long time.
yeah i was just mostly disappointed that it wasnt a few diffrent ways instead of the same for each person to me this "Adventure" was just youtube and copy why think about it when i can just have someone else do it for me for free..... i understand most say to see if you can do it yourself but that doesnt matter when you know you can just look it up if you fail..... idk just felt lack luster of a "Adventure" especially when it had to follow after the great K&C or witchwood even now those are the way "Adventures" should be done.... i hate being a hater but this expansion was just awful "OTK META""Bad Solo play too"
Not every adventure mode is going to appeal to everyone. Some people really liked the old boss adventures and did not like the dungeon runs and complained about them. Other people liked the dungeon runs more than the old boss adventures. And now some people like the new puzzles and some don't. Personally I like them all. Mostly because I like variety. And I think it is good that they are trying to introduce new and different types of things.
08/23/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Over40Nerd
Also, was not pleased that one of the mirror challenges had an RNG card that you had to play to win. All the puzzles should be straight fwd to win.

Which one? If you referring to the one with 3 dino eggs and Sacrifice>kill random creature, it have COMPLETELY deterministic solution without ever using that card.
When I saw Kripp re-doing it 5 times over trying to get right egg killed on RNG roll I laughed so hard, because I did it without using the Sacrifice.

As a matter of fact about 30% of puzzles have more than 1 solution to them.
08/23/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Over40Nerd

If your solution relies on RNG it is not the intended solution. Each puzzle has a solution that is guaranteed to work every time.
Don't like it, don't play it...! Is it really so important that you had to come make a whole thread about it?
Yes. Sad that was cheated out of another Dungeon Run. Disappointed that so many people are drinking the koolade that Puzzle Lab is an acceptable alternative. Voicing my strong opinions against it. Youre new to this internet stuff huh?
I am enjoying the Puzzles so far. They are nice distraction from everyday HS.
As far as reply value - past adventures never really had any for me anyway as soon as I beaten then on heroic difficulty.
I think these puzzles are very nice if you have the right kind of mindset for them. In lay-man's terms the mindset for them is typically called "geek" or "nerd". And clearly this is not what the average person is. So there will be an audience for them but its going to be a very small one - it will never have the kind of large audience that the hearthstone game enjoys. Can already see evidence of this on the number of threads being posted about the content. So small compared to the dungeon run.

But hey, these things are free and therefore the Hearthstone developers owe nothing to anyone.
It's strange to see someone actually liking the dungeon runs. All I can remember from last time is the endless whine about the RNG. Which was kinda legit, and there's no real replay value either. Not much more funnier than rolling the dice that is.
Let's be honest, they were just too lazy to make new AIs. Instead, cobbled together this trash last minute by a couple of interns.
While I would prefer a regular adventure, I'm at least glad it's not Dungeon Run.

Sure, if the frustration out of Dungeon Run is removed it can be fun, but the devs clearly don't acknowledge those frustrations or else Monster Hunt would have easier final bosses, no abominations like Gnomenapper, some more control over the outcome of your deck, the ability to retry rather than have to start all the freaking way over, etcetera. Having all those problems packed into 1 mode again, for the love of god no! (and in case someone thinks I'm just complaining because I'm stuck: I've finished both Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt entirely)
I think the devs stopped doing the old regular adventures because were unprofitable. Clearly, it takes quite a lot of human talent and effort to design cards - especially legendaries - and ensure that the game doesn't become broken. And they were giving these out for 700 gold - quite affordable to the average free to play player. And you didn't really have to have a massive collection to beat the normal bosses to get them.

So if they were unprofitable then why make dungeon runs and puzzle labs that are free then? The main purpose of these freebees is to promote the game and to promote cards that a player will want to craft. Players wanting to craft cards means that they will need to buy packs for the arcane dust. Its similar to most other Blizzard games where you get a small free trial first and then decide if you want to pay for the full version - think Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, WoW.
These suck.
If I wanted to play a puzzle game I would play a puzzle game. This is supppsed to be a game of combat. Either against a human opponent or an AI. I was in the second to last puzzle of the first “wing”, lethal, and I thought “I wish I was at work”. Yes, my boring and tedious job is less boring and less tedious than the puzzle lab. It’s basically a bunch of convoluted math problems. Please just kill me instead
I have no issues wit adventure mode, it's good to change up the pace every now and again, Puzzle lab's on the other hand......I have never felt so let down after clearing it. all that effort for pretty much a slap in the face as a reward. Spend weeks and weeks for a single card back pattern....that's it.