Arena is pretty good now =)

Arena Discussion
Arena seems to be in pretty good place now.

Decks are toned down. Now its all about the minion combat. Like hearthstone was supposed to be.

I just went 8 wins with mage deck that had nothing special in it. No legendaries. No Blizzards, Flamestrikes or Meteors. It was fun run. Not the crazy bull!@#$ that arena was in the last expansion.

I have had no luck with Priest so far. Might be the worst class now.

I went 12 with zoolock. Pretty standard good curve deck. One hellfire for board clears. No legendaries. It's nice to see that decks like this work now =)

Super collider might be the most busted arena card at the moment. I have warrior deck with two of those going now. Crazy good card.
Execute logic.exe; 2 runs is not a good enough sample size.

You might be having fun with your lucky runs and slipping by and dodging people that don't have insane decks. Either that or playing first more often than second or just getting your curve. I remember counting in one previous run, last 2 games I didn't get 1 of my TWELVE < 3 drops before turn 3 two games in A ROW. Your runs are more likely due to the fact the meta is changing and there is a new expansion. Also depends on the time in which you are playing, later in the day US time on the US server is much more crowded than earlier.

On top of all this, I just drafted a druid deck where I picked a spell stone to start, and maybe was offered 2 armor cards that were not pick able against the other picks, and was not offered a swipe, UI or starfall. I was instead offered 3 naturalizes and no beasts. I find most often, unless the deck is super busted and has all the correct random synergies (like my week ago 11 win warrior with 3spellstones and weapons) I just play my monster card on curve and wind up losing to the player that has a) better cards or b) better synergy or c) more luck...

Current druid trash deck is 0-2s as I faced all mech paladin deck and a mage that just did normal mage stuff. My previous run started 0-2 as well with a solid priest deck. This game is far from a good experience on average.
I have played 9 arena runs on this expansion. Currently on run 10 with Warrior.

Number of board clears and legenraries are way down. Deck strength seems to be way lower than before. The decks that I did well seemed like junk after drafting. It just turned out that everyone else had junk too =D

I have not seen single UI after playing against many druids. Which is really good since the card is way OP in arena.

This type of arena fits my play style well. That's the reason I am doing well. When its all about tempo its is my time to shine =D

I hate arena when it is all about the greed meta. Makes for really dull games.
08/13/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Heretic
Super collider might be the most busted arena card at the moment. I have warrior deck with two of those going now. Crazy good card.

It is completely nuts!

I did manage to lose with it, though, when I lost control of the board and the opposing Shaman managed to pop up a Taunt Totem every turn =D

But I've seen way more Legendaries offered now that before? It used to be that I barely ever got offered a Legendary and now I've had one (or even two in one case!) in every deck for the past six-seven runs.

Currently rocking a Hunter with a Spellstone and Putricide along with four Traps =P Too bad I wasn't offered a second Spellstone and got zero card draw.
I dunno I played against a few super synergy decks drafted recently and I've also gotten some really crappy drafts and some good drafts.

Super synergy like-

Im talking monster deathrattled by necrium blade into myra rotspring (drafted) into lich king (also drafted) into 2 cheap shots into 4x rng discovery answers into I quit because when i get 4+ answered in a row Hearthstone is telling me to start another match.

or,

3 dragons furys, meteor, flamestrike, polymorph, 3 bonfire ele, blazecaller, 2x fireballs, and a pyroblast to end my pain.

or,

a complete shudderwock shaman with grumble and chain gang, but How?

Tempo is the current meta but these super synergy decks that show up at 7+ wins are totally unexpected and hard to play around.

SYNOPSIS: The diversity of deck draft quality is nice but going second now is more F#$%ed than ever.
08/14/2018 04:24 AMPosted by DirtyHairy

SYNOPSIS

What I was saying.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/HXFt9kTudEvUgHYSYGsVnf

Yeah I misplayed but so what - playing trash deck makes tilt. This was 1-2. Guy had elemental synergy, top decks silence for my one +1 card, and good removals such as blizzard and dragon fury. Oh yea, pyroblast to top it off.

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! JUST WATCH!! PURECANCERAIDS!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/humuvnUVErNtvayYunMeq8
Agreed. I love arena right now. I prefer way more to be trading minion and making decision on what to play then to be counter by like 5 blizzard in a single game or like 3 spreading plague. Even worse, 4 bonemare.

It seems more balanced now and you just may have to adjust your drafting. Sorry to say this, but if you can't pass 3 wins all the time, might not be only that luck isn't on your side.

Right now I think that picking minion on high curve stats helps a LOT. 3 mana 3-4 are pretty good!
08/14/2018 07:17 AMPosted by l4ndm1n3
08/14/2018 04:24 AMPosted by DirtyHairy

SYNOPSIS

What I was saying.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/HXFt9kTudEvUgHYSYGsVnf

Yeah I misplayed but so what - playing trash deck makes tilt. This was 1-2. Guy had elemental synergy, top decks silence for my one +1 card, and good removals such as blizzard and dragon fury. Oh yea, pyroblast to top it off.

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! JUST WATCH!! PURECANCERAIDS!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/humuvnUVErNtvayYunMeq8

In the first game, you missplayed by hitting the Furious Ettin with hero power, instead of the 2/1. You wouldn't have evaded pyroblast lethal, but still mind your health left. The second game was pure bs, you can't even draft so many spells now, he had nova, mc, pain, pw shields. The only point where I would have played differently would be after he played venture co. , I would stall with saronite chain gang. But yeah, can't blame you for his ridiculous deck and lucky draws.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/FzEeYXfCCsyNsuTuEZBHCF

This happened at 1-1

If this is a toned down lower quality draft I have no idea what's going on in the current meta.

The AOE / Removal draft % has been turned down so you end up with decks like these more often.

Yin Yang , Fung Shui, black and white, balance restored?
08/16/2018 09:59 AMPosted by DirtyHairy
https://hsreplay.net/replay/FzEeYXfCCsyNsuTuEZBHCF

This happened at 1-1

If this is a toned down lower quality draft I have no idea what's going on in the current meta.

The AOE / Removal draft % has been turned down so you end up with decks like these more often.

Yin Yang , Fung Shui, black and white, balance restored?

rofl, i am facing decks with lks, shadowflames and more bs as compared to the past but without removals it gets harder to win. Before i was hitting decent 7 to 10 wins, this current update is full of crap, basically it rewards players who drafts better legendaries and better removals to easier wins, as compared to the past when you can draft bull!@#$ to counter bull%^-*.
08/21/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Mavis
basically it rewards players who drafts better legendaries and better removals to easier wins

Of course it rewwards players who draft better (fill in your card type here).

If Arena would not reward better drafts, then everyone would be !@#$%ing and moaning that it's pure RNG and you can just randomly click whatever during the draft because it doesn't matter anyway.

08/21/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Mavis
Before i was hitting decent 7 to 10 wins

If you were getting at those results consistently, you must have been very skilled at both picking the right cards in draft and playing your decks well. There is an element of luck in Arena but luck doesn't give anyone consistent results. Any player with an average run over 3 is better than average; any player with an average over 5 is VERY good.
If you now no longer get the results you were used to, than apparently your skill level has reduced. This may be because the new cards and new drafting process have shifted the meta to a type that doesn't fit your play style as well as the old meta, and you still need to adapt to it. Or it may be that more and more players are improving their game, yours is still as good as it was but the competition has improved. Or it is a combination of those factors.
Now I understand that you liked the game more when you were winning more, that is a very human trait. But Blizzard is not in the business of making you happy, they are in the business of trying to make their entire customer base happy. When you were enjoying yourself by consistently making 7 to 10 wins, it was over the back of other players who didn't get there - every win you had was at the expense of a loss for someone else, and you were roughly at a 3 to 1 ratio of winning vs losing. If now others are getting a few more wins at your expense, then that is sad for you but an overall gain for Blizzard because they are "spreading the joy" across their customer base

Arena has a constantely shifting meta. It doesn't shift as fast as the constructed meta, but you still need to keep evaluating your draft and game choices and adapt to the changes.
Not all changes Blizzard makes to the arena are good. It is okay to disagree with them, and you might even achieve something if you make a good point here on the forums on what mechanic you dislike, and why. But "it affects my win rate" is never a good argument because Blizzard doesn't care whether you or your opponent wins. What Blizzard cares about are mechanics that take the fun out of a game mode for a majority of the players.
If you do want to convince Blizzard that things need to change, try arguments in the form of "I think (feature XXX) is bad for Arena because it results in (effect XXX), and this makes players (feeling XXX)". (Made up example: if there were a common Warrior card for 1 mana with 10-10 stats and a drawback that is only relevant in constructed but not in arena, I would write: "I think that card needs to be removed from the drafting pool because it is an auto-win if you draw it in your opening hand; now almost every player picks Warrior and most matches result in a concede by turn 2 by whomever did not draw it. This lack of variety will drive people away from this game mode").