How can I get dust decently?

Play Mode Discussion
I do the daily quest, and burn cards I don't use.

Thoughts?
This isn't going to be the most popular answer you get, but it'll be the most honest. Whip out the credit card.

In all seriousness, dusting cards can only get you so far. The dust value from cards is just too low, although dusting a gold card gives enough to craft a non-golden version of a card of the same rarity. Just the other day, I had to dust just about every worthwhile card on my alt account so I could craft Whizbang (which is a fair trade-off imo, but I digress). The real dust accumulation comes from opening enough packs to get a ton of duplicates. And if you don't have the time to grind out 30 wins every day and a bunch of 7 win Arena runs on top of that (which, who does?) then the only way to get reasonable amounts of dust without decimating your collection is to shell out the bucks.
Blizzard can up their atrocious return rates on disenchanting for starters
08/30/2018 11:47 AMPosted by JDx
This isn't going to be the most popular answer you get, but it'll be the most honest. Whip out the credit card.

In all seriousness, dusting cards can only get you so far. The dust value from cards is just too low, although dusting a gold card gives enough to craft a non-golden version of a card of the same rarity. Just the other day, I had to dust just about every worthwhile card on my alt account so I could craft Whizbang (which is a fair trade-off imo, but I digress). The real dust accumulation comes from opening enough packs to get a ton of duplicates. And if you don't have the time to grind out 30 wins every day and a bunch of 7 win Arena runs on top of that (which, who does?) then the only way to get reasonable amounts of dust without decimating your collection is to shell out the bucks.

So, you were saying your credit card number is what again? =)
This really isn't a friendly game for F2P rookies, long story made short. You'll be playing for a couple months before you can put together even one deck that you face on ladder consistently starting in the Rank 20-15 range. Or you can spend your life grinding out wins that amounts to way below minimum wage. Assuming a 50% winrate and a fast deck, you're probably making less than 20gold an hour. So 5 hours for 100g, which translates into like $2.
If you're going the free to play route then getting good at the arena is your best bet. Of course if you're play time is focused on the arena then your card collection doesn't actually matter. So, it's a bit of a catch 22.
If you can consistently get good win rates, arena is definiteòy your best bet: between the guaranteed pack and the extra rewards it is the technically fastest way to grind both dust and cards/gold
Well I just scavenged through my decks and dug up enough dust to craft a zoo lock deck.
Either pay for cards or take a long term approach by playing every day for months, dusting nothing, completing your quests and tavern brawls and playing arena if you feel confident in consistently winning 5+ games per attempt.
If you’re good at ranked, hitting rank 5 each month guaranteed you a golden epic and at least 2 golden commons.

If you’re good at arena, it allows you to grow your collection more efficiently than buying packs. (If you don’t regularly average at least 4-3 in Arena, buy packs)

Dusting unnecessary golden cards is another good source of dust.

I hope this helps:)
08/30/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Headspin
Either pay for cards or take a long term approach by playing every day for months, dusting nothing, completing your quests and tavern brawls and playing arena if you feel confident in consistently winning 5+ games per attempt.

completely true and that approach doesn't take money, but you don't need to win 5+ its 3+ to have a positive income out of the arena, and 5+ is a much better income ofcourse
Everyday you should aim for at least 70 gold, that's 490 a week and 1760 a month, each month you get up to 4 free packs from brawls, translating to 400g, also, every month you get dust and golden cards from common to epic based on your rank. The 21 packs you get a month should average at least 1200 dust + cards from rank.
08/30/2018 11:37 AMPosted by SuperMage
I do the daily quest, and burn cards I don't use.

Thoughts?

Supermage, I am not sure how long you have played this game but I'll tell you how blizzard themselves have openly stated in the past: by design, the game makes it very hard for anyone to complete any given collection. it's design to give you the most copies of cards you already own rather than helping you get cards you don't already own, the legendary timer is made high enough so that it'll take you on average a month of opening packs (a pack a day with quests/gold) to obtain one and the dust exchange is so poor it can take dusting about 320 commons to get one legendary. Don't even get me started on the epic cards....

In short, if you are not spending close to $300 per expansion you won't have all the cards of a given expansion.
If you're really looking to collect dust, I'd suggest a swiffer. That usually works for me. However, a regular broom and dustpan can do the job well enough.
Get rid of 50 gold quests and if you reroll into another 50g quest don’t do it. That’s how to be the MOST efficient possible. Besides that do lots of arena and try to not spend all your gold.
09/01/2018 08:46 AMPosted by SrChatto
how blizzard themselves have openly stated in the past:
it's design to give you the most copies of cards you already own rather than helping you get cards you don't already own,
Source? Want to check it out.