golden or nah?

Play Mode Discussion
i've got enough dust to make a golden lich king. is it worth?

is there some other golden leg that is cooler?
if you don't care about it being competitive I can highly recomend golden Whizbang it even turns your hero golden so why bother to do 500 wins with each class anymore aside form that you can't go wrong with pimp LK
I don't bother to make golden legendaries, or any golden cards in general, unless you got tons of dust and really REALLY don't have any better cards to craft.

Besides, Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion will rotate out of Standard early next year, so I would not invest too much money/gold on them, unless you like to play on Wild too.
Golden Lich King is not cool enough to spend the dust on, in my opinion.
The golden spells that he generates don't have any sticky effects. (Which is a huge factor in crafting a golden for me).

I agree with LeMao.
Use that dust for a golden Whizbang! Golden everything!!
Yeah, gotta agree with Siperos. Id recommend golden crafting a card at the beginning of an expansion or stick to classic cards. Unless you have the dust to throw around then maybe it doesn't matter so much.
Golden Whizbang will allow you to have the golden Hero Power with any class.

Golden cards that create other cards will allow you to create golden versions of those. Golden Valeera The Hollow causes all its duplicates to become golden. This also applies to Golden Thrall, Rexxar, and I'm fairly sure Gul'Dan does it but I'm not sure.

Golden copy effects often create golden copies, such as golden Faceless Manipulator and golden Floop, among many others. I'm not sure about Carnivorous Cube and Gloop Sprayer, but I'd assume they do.

Regular Zola the Gorgon creates golden duplicates regardless of her own golden status, and actually finds use in a few decks.

Just sayin', if you want the max amount of gold showing up, there are some cards which 'create' more gold than others.
A golden frlstmourne would deathrattlr into golden minions, so technically there IS a LK effect that sticks.

But yeah, I personally go for stickier effects. My golden lakkari sacrifice and golden renounce darknesses are wonderful XD Also golden neyherlight historians has given me many wonderful golden legendary dragons!
I wouldn't do it for lich king, he does rock as a lore character but wouldn't go gold. The animation is ok but nothing awesome imho.
Only thing I’ve crafted gold is Whizbang.

90 all-gold decks over the next 2 years makes him seem cheap at the price.
You really want to spend 3200 dust for that? Seems like such a Whale question.
I don't do anything in gold unless the whole deck is going to be gold.

For me that means basic set only, but Whizband is a consideration. You do you, though I'd rather have two legends than one shiny one.
08/25/2018 06:11 PMPosted by StareMaster
You really want to spend 3200 dust for that? Seems like such a Whale question.

If u r poor and not committed... get a job, lol
08/25/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Tao
Only thing I’ve crafted gold is Whizbang.

90 all-gold decks over the next 2 years makes him seem cheap at the price.

After that, you still can try newly released cards in wild.
tldr: 3200 dust is a large commitment but if you love the card then the craft it worth the dust. Other things to consider are playability/viability, compatibility across decks/classes and whether or not you want it to be available for next set rotation.

I like playing golden anti-magic shell on a board on minions. I really like the golden effect of 'cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers' on minions. It looks kinda silly but I like it. I don't have a Lich king myself but I have a golden Arfus and stone hills so I do play him and dk cards quite a bit.

I've crafted 20 golden legendaries now and I can give you a list of some of my favourites in no particular order. Honestly, I love them all and to me legendaries deserve golden animations. When I only had 10 golden legendaries I really considered crafting Lich King but to me he was never cool enough and I've put off crafting him ever since :v Anyway here's my list:

1. Ragnaros the Firelord
2. Deathwing
3. N'zoth
4. Loatheb
5. Sunkeeper Tarim
6. Sylvannas
7. DK Rexxar

Some recommendations (don't own or previously owned):
1. Whizbang
2. Renounce darkness (it's not a legendary but it's cool)
3. Archbishop
4. Elise Starseeker or Trailblazer
5. Kazakus

I'm always seriously considering crafting Bolvar because he has cool lore, great music and fantastic animation. However, it's unfortunate that he has a crappy effect :\
Crafting a golden legendary only helps blizzard. It leaves you less dust to craft the epics and legendary cards needed to play a class/deck and makes you one step closer to impulse buying loot boxes.
If you're really into some cards and don't care about competitivity (that is potential nerfs) do as you like. Now it's mostly money that buys you things you don't own.
08/25/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Nightangel
I wouldn't do it for lich king, he does rock as a lore character but wouldn't go gold. The animation is ok but nothing awesome imho.

Golden Frostmourne

/thread
I once dusted all my golden only to re-craft the things I wanted. It's a zero sum game, but I found the pursuit of golden to be a colossal waste of resources. You don't want to be in a situation where you spend money on packs just for dust because you're a card or two off from having an all golden deck.

That said, cards that make other cards--including Lich King--are more fun because the cards they give are golden.
Depends if you enjoy playing meta cards or not.
LK is very, very meta and has been since it was made.
One of the most meta legendaries...if playing meta is ok with you..then craft LK for sure.
If you value non-meta...i'd avoid / dust LK...its never going to be unique to see on the board for you or your opponent...its streamlined/expected...so it depends if you value being unexpected when you play hearthstone over having stronger cards in your deck and winning more. Make sense?

I prefer non meta, strictly, because that's how hearthstone is fun for me - to win with harder cards and not the anyone can do it look up cards. To not use the solutions manuals online and convey that you did to your opponent who also knows the popular solutions manuals.

Give you an example, my gold leg craft list for now:
gold The Beast - always fun to play bc of how not-meta he/it is...and will be...I mean you play a non-meta card you get friends in the game who respect no-copy / no streamerborrow / hardercards chosen for your deck. very low meta level, basically actually 0. +1

gold Nozdormu - same logic...ppl know non-meta choice. and respect it. meta level 0, definitely wanted / targeted for the non-meta valuers out there.

Don't like Ysera...her attack is unplayable...and 2+ turns for any value is gross.
Sylvannas is Wild only and still too expensive...she's among the coldlights, naturalizes, kingsbanes n voidcallers that pollute wild. Doppleshams too.

Draw / deck manipulation cards are also mandatory to have fun
these will be meta cards...but even non-meta's absolutely need them.
so for gold draw / deckthins…
gold Hemet Jungle - light-meta deck thin is worth trying and its meta level is low.
gold Sub 9 - light-meta deck thin is worth trying and its meta level is low.
I always craft in gold because I'm looking to build towards all gold decks so I figure I'll just save the dust and craft everything I need gold up front. I especially like gold crafting cards that give you other cards or stuff in play because the stuff they make is gold, too. Lich king is a good one.