Will Death Knight Heroes go out of rotation/standard next expansion?

Play Mode Discussion
^

but don't play wild.

My friend hit rank 3 or 2 in it and says it's basically just Druid, Big Priest and Mill Rogue. If you like doing nothing all game, more power to you! :D
Wild is still a lot of fun at lower ranks but above rank 5 now it's a nightmare. I love wild and it's been my most played format until this season. Even my secret hunter that pulls off turn 5-6 lethal consistently and has gotten me as far as rank 3 in the past can't eek out enough wins to advance.

I'm having a lot of fun with standard though. And it will be a huge meta shakeup when the death knights and kobolds rotate out in the spring. I'm looking forward to it, not because I hate the dks (I've had a ton of fun playing most all of them) but because it will be a totally different game with them out of the picture, and fresh is fun for me.
09/03/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Zlumpy
Tbh the DK/quest type cards are too easy to break and must be a pain to balance around. Rexxar limits what beasts can be made, Guldan same for demons, valera same for combo etc. Cards that change the rules of the game are going to be too powerful in hearthstone where players dont get the instant speed responses that mtg has. Even in mtg rule change cards can easily wreck people. Leyline of the void can make an opponents deck unplayable by coming out turn 0 and denying them a graveyard for the entire game.

Rule change cards are a bad idea.
I don't see how DK rexxar limits what beast can be made, and if they really want some crazy beast they could just have it cost more than 5. Even if there is a beast combination that is insane, you would still need crazy rng in order to get that exact combination, they can also balance the DK with a weaker beast pool.

I do agree about Guldan and to some extent valera, but how can they create interesting and fun cards without limiting design space at all? Sadly the future for wild will most likely be a combo and hyper aggro fest due to broken combos, but it is impossible to prevent with an eternal format.
09/04/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Maledictus

I'm having a lot of fun with standard though. And it will be a huge meta shakeup when the death knights and kobolds rotate out in the spring. I'm looking forward to it, not because I hate the dks (I've had a ton of fun playing most all of them) but because it will be a totally different game with them out of the picture, and fresh is fun for me.

Yep, Quests, DKs, Spellstones and Legendary Weapons gone from Standard on the same day. It will be interesting to say the least.
09/04/2018 09:17 AMPosted by GrimBerry
Even after the DKs rotate, you can play them in Wild.

That's quite true, but for me personally (just me), there is too many sets even previous to Knights of the Frozen Throne to try and craft so I usually just hang around in Standard.
09/03/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Perifear
Asking because I am thinking about crafting Frost Lich Jaina. :)

worth it to craft if you want to play mage, core in slower builds. she still has 8 months before rotation and she is always played in wild anyway
Will qusets be gone too?
12/12/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Niko6506
Will qusets be gone too?

Yes, quests are from ungoro that will rotate in next expansion.