Boycotting until Druid is brought into line

Play Mode Discussion
The current state of druids is absolutely disgusting and blizzard as a game development company should be ashamed of themselves for creating the current environment. Until druid is actually brought into a balances state where playing against one actually feels enjoyable I'm going to have to stop playing. Literally every single game against a druid is absolutely infuriating watching them do literally nothing but play ramp and board control until they OTK you or build so much armor there is no chance of beating them anymore.

At least half of the most prominent cards druids play need to have their power cut in half at the very least, including spreading plague, ultimate infestation, branching paths, and their DO and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

The devs must have been on some pretty amazing stuff over the past year to let druids get to such an absolutely ridiculous state it's disgraceful.
k bye then
Whilst I agree that some of their cards are bafflingly over strength and I have no idea why they were made so, they can be beaten so a bit of an over reaction here...that being said if I could make one change to the game I’d move Malagos to the HoF. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already since he’s just too much of an enabler of OTK’s and as long as he’s around it’s always liable to exploitation. Getting rid of him would solve allot of current and future problems, especially if Blizard insists upon continuing to pump out lazy card design like they have been...
I'm not really sure it's Maly's fault in all honesty. The most damage Maly himself can deal with spells is 12, 2x moonfire. The problems come from cards like floop and florist turning what is better classified as "Reach" (Burst damage, through charge or spells, a deck tends to hold or threaten in order to influence an opponent's plays) into the ridiculous OTK damage.

The thing is, Maly druid wasn't an OTK deck in witchwood, and funnily the top Maly Druid players (Noblord, Zamos, Theo) don't play it as an OTK deck even in Boomsday outside of a few specific matchups. They play it mostly as a tempo deck, with power plays such as UI tyrant, threat + naturalize, plague + MCT etc.

It's not about killing you from 30, it's about swinging the boardstate in a big turn after giving up board presence to ramp up / draw cards. There's the threat of that 12 damage always available for your face in the late game (As long as they didn't need to use Moonfire for tempo earlier on), and that makes alex another good pick for a bomb, but that's really all you expected maly to do until the addition of floop and florist.

RDU's most recent list cut the bombs and the naturalizes, going purely for the maly combo and removal, but that deck also runs three mana cheat cards to do that (Twig, Floop, and Florist).

Also worth noting, there's something slightly more... fair? about malygos and the combos malygos enables. Malygos combo isnt just a bunch of combo pieces that do a lot of damage or automatically win the game, Maly turns your spells into combo pieces, generally removal spells (Not saying moonfire is particularly removal-y atm, but living roots certainly was).

Maly Rogue's damage also, back in the day when it was an offshoot of traditional miracle, came from sinister strikes, but it also came from eviscerates, and it also required holding prep when you wanted to use it for other things earlier. It forced the combo player to make decisions with multi purpose cards, and it gave opponent's the ability to put them in spots where they had to use a piece of their potential late game reach for removal or card draw.

TLDR: I don't really think Maly is the problem, and Maly enables a style of the combo archetype that is much much easier to disrupt than decks which play dedicated combo pieces that don't do anything else. The problem is cheating it out, through floop, florist, and to a much much lesser extent, twig.
If we're talking Wild then I agree on Druid just being a tad too powerful right now. Standard... ehhh... it is the best class for certain but I am unsure I would say that any one of their specific decks is too powerful.

09/07/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Fake
Maly Rogue's damage also, back in the day when it was an offshoot of traditional miracle, came from sinister strikes, but it also came from eviscerates, and it also required holding prep when you wanted to use it for other things earlier. It forced the combo player to make decisions with multi purpose cards, and it gave opponent's the ability to put them in spots where they had to use a piece of their potential late game reach for removal or card draw.

Unrelated but if Rogue just had an AoE spell damage that was decent Malygod Rogue would be scary good. In casual when I'm messing aorund I can usually OTK on turn 8 or so =)
09/07/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Lykotic
Unrelated but if Rogue just had an AoE spell damage that was decent Malygod Rogue would be scary good. In casual when I'm messing aorund I can usually OTK on turn 8 or so =)

Related, you're capable of doing that because you aren't using a single 9 mana malygos. You're using 4 mana for 2 malygos's and then the potential for another 2 for 2-5 more mana.
Agreed. Druid has just too much going for it right now, and it's immensely frustrating. Better armour than warrior? Yup. Best single target removal in the game in Naturalize? Yup. One of the best AOE in Swipe? Yup. ENemy trying to explode on the board? Lmao, spreading plague. Enemy trying to control? Lmao, good luck, I'm faster than you with ramp and I draw cards. Trying to make advantageous trades? lol ezgg, Ultimate Infestation. Druid has the most choices, the strongest spells, the most flexibility, and probably the best DK as well.
Glory to Godmelon!