Underwhelming KotFT packs?

Play Mode Discussion
Is it just me or is Knights of the Frozen Throne a really lackluster expansion? Except for the Death Knights and two or three neutral legendaries (the King, Keleseth), do any of them see regular play?

I bought the bundle praying for a DK, but of course I didn't get one, ended up with Sindragosa and a lot of dust. None of the epics I opened seem viable (Abominable Bowman? Light's Sorrow?), though I didn't open two UI's but I already have those! And all the good rares I opened (Saronite, Dreadlord, Happy Ghoul) I already have those too from the first time I bought KotFT packs!

Don't know what I was thinking, should've done my research first, but it seemed like a good deal. Ended up with 2K dust...

I was wondering though, what was it like when this expansion first came out? Were people playing any of the epics or legendaries besides the DKs? I started playing in the Kobolds expansion, and only recently became more invested in the game, so I didn't really know what I was doing until the rotation earlier this year.
KFT isnt playable you say?

Well, thats the first one of complaint i ever see.
There are at least 5 Druid, 4 Priest, and 3 Hunter, and 3 Warlock KFT cards that are currently being played in standard meta, other than the DKs.
Acherus Veteran
Cobalt Scalebane
Happy Ghoul
Drakkari Enchanter
Prince Keleseth
Prince Taldaram
Saronite Chain Gang
Hadronox
Malfurion the Pestilent
Spreading Plague
Strongshell Scavenger
Ultimate Infestation
Crypt Lord
Play Dead
Righteous Protector
Uther of the Ebon Blade
Eternal Servitude
Obsidian Statue
Shadow Ascendant
Shadow Essence
Shadowreaper Anduin (Voidform)
Spirit Lash
Doomerang
Leeching Poison
Valeera the Hollow
Thrall, Deathseer
Despicable Dreadlord
Drain Soul
Gnomeferatu
Bring It On!
Dead Man's Hand
Don't forget Bonemare use to cost 7, now 8. Currently being played in some Even decks in recent tourneys.
Trust me, its just you. KotFT is wildly regarded as having the most OP legendaries of any expansion (Death Knights, Keleseth, Hadeonox, Lich King)

Not to mention the Deuid package with UI and Spreading Plague.

Unless you like Shaman, then yeah, you got nothing.
Ya. If I didn't already have the good cards, and if it wasn't set to rotate out in ~April next year, it'd be a good deal.

But it is set to rotate out, so it's seriously overpriced.

Instead, I'll be jumping on my dragon and dust when that goes on sale.
09/19/2018 10:19 PMPosted by sleepyshaman
Trust me, its just you. KotFT is wildly regarded as having the most OP legendaries of any expansion (Death Knights, Keleseth, Hadeonox, Lich King)

That sums up KoFT pretty much
High power expansion.... unless you like Shaman then have fun with the freeze idea! Really, it is usable (against the tavern keeper).

Funnily enough, it has basically only the Legendaries that are good. Rares and Epics are overwhelmingly lackluster and rightfully underplayed or not used - things like Desperate Stand, Arrogant Crusader, Roll the Bones, Devour Mind, Glacial Mysteries, Deathaxe Punisher, Fatespinner, Furnacefire Colossus... There's really a crapton of outright bad or very, very niche epics/rares in KFT (niche like Doomerang or Simulacrum), so you are very likely to have the good ones already in your collection.

Though the Legendaries have about 70% play rate. There's what... Arfus, Prince 4, Moorabi, Blood Queen, Bolvar, Rotface and Lilian Voss that don't see any play outside random generation, the rest is very playable.
09/20/2018 01:58 AMPosted by Rozenkranc

Funnily enough, it has basically only the Legendaries that are good. Rares and Epics are overwhelmingly lackluster and rightfully underplayed or not used - things like Desperate Stand, Arrogant Crusader, Roll the Bones, Devour Mind, Glacial Mysteries, Deathaxe Punisher, Fatespinner, Furnacefire Colossus... There's really a crapton of outright bad or very, very niche epics/rares in KFT (niche like Doomerang or Simulacrum), so you are very likely to have the good ones already in your collection.

Though the Legendaries have about 70% play rate. There's what... Arfus, Prince 4, Moorabi, Blood Queen, Bolvar, Rotface and Lilian Voss that don't see any play outside random generation, the rest is very playable.

Sure there are the usual trash-tier/filler cards, like in any expansion. There are the trash epics and rares, but also very solid to extremely powerful ones. Some that come to mind are: Ultimate Infestation, Skulking Geist, Corpsetaker.
Among the Rare are Spreading Plague, Defile, Saronite Chain Gang to name a few.
09/20/2018 03:44 AMPosted by sleepyshaman

Sure there are the usual trash-tier/filler cards, like in any expansion. There are the trash epics and rares, but also very solid to extremely powerful ones. Some that come to mind are: Ultimate Infestation, Skulking Geist, Corpsetaker.
Among the Rare are Spreading Plague, Defile, Saronite Chain Gang to name a few.

There are also plenty of good commons. Acherus Veteran, Tainted Zealot, Cobalt Scalebane, Crypt Lord, Play Dead, Bearshark, Stitched Tracker, Righteous Protector, Spirit Lash, Leeching Poison, Drain Soul, Blood Razor. Plus there was pre-nerf Bonemare and even Snowflipper Penguin got its day in the sun.
I lucked out in the 30 packs and got 3 legendaries and a bunch of epics and goldens.

The legends i got were a golden rotface, valeera DK, and prince taldaram.
Ha that list, blabbit! Thanks for making it easy for me to realize my shortsightedness :P

Yeah, I guess it was just me, and I was putting too much focus on the DKs....

Yeah this is more of what I was feeling, since I have the Druid package and I do like to play Shaman, which has nothing in this expansion.
Only got a 2 legendary cards but one was Professor Putricide so I didn't notice how screwed up that was...
Pulled Preist DK, Druid DK, and 2 needed epics.

A few Golden rares too, which became dust.

All in all, $20 well spent.

easy...m
I didn't get any legendaries in my bundle itself. But when I bought 10 more packs with gold, I got Professor Putricide. I'd been really wanting him for my Secret Hunter deck, which is my favorite deck, so I'm happy! Since I added him, I've been winning much more. I know he'll rotate out in April, but really, so will Deathstalker Rexxar and my Spellstones. So I'll just have as much fun with the deck as I can, while I can. Maybe I'll take the deck to Wild in April.
This is the expansion that brought us...

... Death Knights, Prince Keleseth, Spreading Plague, Cobalt Scalebane, Despicable Dreadlord, Ultimate Infestation, Sarontie Chain Gang, Skulking Geist, Hadronox, Lich King...

And you're calling it "mediocre".

I don't get it.
So happy I got three legendary cards - Warrior DK, Sindragosa, and a golden Bolvar! Was really aiming for the warrior DK lgendary and everything else was a bonus.

Just curious what happens if I already have all the legendary cards in this expansion. What do I get after the pity timer resets?