Nerf Druid already!

Play Mode Discussion
Does this really need a section of description? Fine: I will attempt to outline it in a very succinct manner:

NERF DRUID.

But how? How can we? How can we do so without destroying the class identity? We can't just nerf mana accel-

*BREAKING NEWS! INNERVATE HAS BEEN NERFED!*

....and yet more cards are made to make Druid just not a "playable" class in every meta since (which is fine) but has been tier 1 EVER SINCE AND DESPITE A NERF DIRECTLY TARGETING THE CLASS. Doesn't that scream "wow, there's a problem, maybe we should address it?"

CLEARLY not. As a wild player, I have NO issue with people deciding to play control druid and combo me with Aviana + Kun. In wild, I appreciate that strategy as something Druid can and should do.

But when that combo was peaking in not just wild popularity BUT ALSO winrate, that should raise some red flags to any COMPETENT game designer.

Juicy Psychmelon was a mistake. One whose designer should be DEMOTED on the spot. I get it. Mitakes happen. It's ok.

But stop punishing players for our tact. Please. Druid is terribly overpowered in Wild. In standard its the best class. Spew forth all the stats you want to me; the PLAYERBASE doesn't care.

You guys have taken business 101, I am sure of that. So you know what happens when potential clients don't care.

Or you don't care. That's fine.
09/21/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Singularity
In standard its the best class. Spew forth all the stats you want to me; the PLAYERBASE doesn't care.

I agree on Wild but in Standard you could make an argument for Warlock being the best class. It is really a coin flip in my opinion between them.

As I said in the other thread I think more than just Druid needs to be addressed in Wild through a combination of balance changes and hate cards. Wild is starting ot break a bit under the weight of Combo/Inevitables and Aggro. The mode needs to be addressed by Blizzard with not only a balance change but also, in my view, a discussion on what their intentions are with the mode in terms of power-level, future design decisions (ban list anyone?), and perhaps some other ideas.
I'm around rank 8 in wild playing Even Shaman. Maybe 10-15% of my opponents have been Druids, all packing the melon. All of them had the combo ready at turn 8. Usually 7, some at 6. Only games I won were when I had Devolve AND large threats (Sea Giant, FwF, TfB) on the board AND they didn't have removal. The combo is super-consistent.
09/21/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Lykotic
09/21/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Singularity
In standard its the best class. Spew forth all the stats you want to me; the PLAYERBASE doesn't care.

I agree on Wild but in Standard you could make an argument for Warlock being the best class. It is really a coin flip in my opinion between them.

I agree that warlock needs to be looked at. Warlock is my favorite class overall and I will not state that its prevalence in the meta with its flexibility may be unwarranted...

BUT

at least warlock has to apply distinct game plans in order to deviate from the idea of "class identity." When the identity of a class bleeds to fluidly in itself (as we see in Druid) then its clear innovation within the class is gone as well as (in this circumstance) methods that could attempt to combat it.
Druid does too many things too well. That's what I am trying to say. If you have an opinion for or against that, please post it here so I may address and reflect upon it.

Thank you.
if they nerf anything they better give us innervate back
I know people that priest in wild too and I get it. However, something needs to be done in standard as some things are so oppressive that classic control priest gets dominated and the class has gotten no help. The druid class is one of those match ups that has just destroyed the game in standard for priest.