"It's so easy to get your Legendary, sometimes out of 3 packs!"

Play Mode Discussion
i must be pretty unlucky then because i started my account 4 days ago and got one out of packs. had to open 10 entire classic packs for my first legendary. my buddy and his girlfriend said they both popped legendary cards out of classic in less than 5 packs. if my rng is this bad from the get-go am is this account just totally !@#$ed or what? his girlfriend even told me that its hella unusual to have to open 10 packs of anything to get a legendary and that i should start my account over.
You're guaranteed to get a legendary from the first ten packs of a set. After that the average legendary drop rate is one every 20 packs. Sometimes you get more, sometimes less. The pity timer is 40 packs, so you're guaranteed to get at least one legendary every 40 packs.

I find "starting your account over" silly.
Its not uncommon to happen like this

Average odds are like 20 packs for a legendary

Only first time 10 pack s pity timer kicks in

Also your friends statement, take it with a grain of salt

How many times do you think she opened the first ten packs of a set?
And its month in between
09/15/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Siperos
You're guaranteed to get a legendary from the first ten packs of a set. After that the average legendary drop rate is one every 20 packs. Sometimes you get more, sometimes less. The pity timer is 40 packs, so you're guaranteed to get at least one legendary every 40 packs.

Tbf it wasn't a bad idea when you started around the release of KotFT. Starting with a free DK Gul'dan isn't the same as starting with a free DK Garrosh.
09/15/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Beldor
Tbf it wasn't a bad idea when you started around the release of KotFT. Starting with a free DK Gul'dan isn't the same as starting with a free DK Garrosh.
Well, if you were just starting when Knights came out and thus didn't have any other cards besides the basic class cards then fine. Each for their own. I just find the idea of making a new Battle.net account over and over just to get that Gul'dan very silly.
oh my death card was awful. i got the shaman one, but the card i got from opening my 10th classic pack was carne bloodhoof. is that even worth the 300g and 10 packs burnt in or did i get a bad legendary?
09/15/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Fox
oh my death card was awful. i got the shaman one, but the card i got from opening my 10th classic pack was carne bloodhoof. is that even worth the 300g and 10 packs burnt in or did i get a bad legendary?
Well, I would imagine it's decent in Deathrattle decks. Other than that, no. It's not one of the best. But not the worst either. At least you didn't get Millhouse Manastorm.
Happens, it’s not linked to your account, its not cursed with bad rng or anything, my witchwood legendary haul was epic, boomsday however was more like close to pity timer everytime, the first one came out on 10 and then much later . Soooo its really random, i once was really close or on pity timer in classic set and ended up with a double legendary pack, evens out
Don't make a new account, just go to a different server, you can use the same account buts have a whole new collection
If you are salty now, imagine how you will feel after the !@#$ talk in this forum, lol. Look, you are 5 dislike and i even upvoted
09/15/2018 03:11 PMPosted by VentoSilente
If you are salty now, imagine how you will feel after the !@#$ talk in this forum, lol. Look, you are 5 dislike and i even upvoted

I don't care about that.

This account definitely does feel cursed though. I have had such horrible luck. Bad packs and a bad death card.
09/15/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Fox
09/15/2018 03:11 PMPosted by VentoSilente

I don't care about that.

This account definitely does feel cursed though. I have had such horrible luck. Bad packs and a bad death card.
Luck goes up and down. I had unreasonably good legendary pulls back in Kobolds and Catacombs, but have fallen on the poop side of average pulls for the last two expansions. At the end of the day, random is random.
09/15/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Fox
oh my death card was awful. i got the shaman one

Thrall might not be strong right now but back in KotFT it was part of token evolve shaman so it was far from an unlucky pull.
09/15/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Fox

Friend, I had my first legendary after two months of playing, and it was a Millhouse Manastorm...But from frozen packs 5/9 deathknights over a course of 4 months, and a couple other legendaries... So as you see, luck varies and time is a big factor

Oh yea and I crafted my Thrall, not too strong now but it will be more so in future
09/15/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Beldor
09/15/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Siperos

I rolled with Garrosh. I didn't want to create another email account. Also didn't know about DKs then.
The restarting account is something many people do in mobile card collection games. They basically keep restarting until their first free draw is something they want.