Play Mode Discussion
...there's a ridiculously easy counter.

Blood Knight. If every deck starts using Giggling inventor, this guy becomes an easy 9/9 for 3 counter. Even if you find them not using Giggling inventor, it doesn't have a terrible body for its cost and can be useful against other things with divine shield (even on your side of the table).

Basically he's the crab to their divine shield murloc.
Yeah, the same neutral card being in every deck is fine because then everyone can just run another neutral card to balance it out. Then we can have 2 neutral cards everyone has to play in their deck. 2 is more balanced than 1, everyone knows that.
Even with all the Blood Knights and Mossy Horrors around the card is still worth playing in pretty much every deck. That just goes to show how ridiculous the card is.
I use that weapon warrior has...forgetting the name right now. It forces a minion to attack the one next to it. It takes out one annoy o tron and the inventor her self
09/18/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Lyrist
Yeah, the same neutral card being in every deck is fine because then everyone can just run another neutral card to balance it out. Then we can have 2 neutral cards everyone has to play in their deck. 2 is more balanced than 1, everyone knows that.

Again, just like the crab vs the (half neutral?) murlocs? Murlocadin was going out of control a few times, crabs were added to decks, murlocadin went downhill pretty quickly. Cards like that force the meta away from being one-sided because they can hard-counter anything that becomes too dominant.
Say no way say no way no waaaay nah nah why don't you get a job(fixing this message board?)

I have to type this to try to avoid having this post filtered after being eaten once before.

09/18/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Migol

Again, just like the crab vs the (half neutral?) murlocs? Murlocadin was going out of control a few times, crabs were added to decks, murlocadin went downhill pretty quickly. Cards like that force the meta away from being one-sided because they can hard-counter anything that becomes too dominant.

Murloc decks weren't discouraged by crabs. You couldn't guarantee drawing it in the murloc matchup, there were plenty on non-murloc matchups to discourage using it in the first place, and even if you did hit them with a crab they were so good at flooding and buffing the board that they could still win anyway. They only fell off because their means of buffing and flooding got weaker than other options.
09/18/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Excism
I use that weapon warrior has...forgetting the name right now. It forces a minion to attack the one next to it. It takes out one annoy o tron and the inventor her self

Supercollider is one of the best if not THE best weapon in the game. But as you say, it is Warrior only.

It is funny though, i hated Anoy-o-tron in GvG but i dont mind Giggling Inventor at all. It is weird.
09/18/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Migol

Murlocadin was one deck from one class. Almost everyone, regardless of the deck, includes giggling inventor. It acts as a poor mans spreading plague for control decks and post board wipe catch up or win more card for aggro decks.

Three weeks ago everyone and there mother tech'd in blood knights and it didn't change anything. This is exactly the same problem they had with patches, CC and Bonemare. They always print some over the top auto-include legendary and it just homogenizes the ladder until they nerf it underground (I wouldn't be surprised if this thing wound up costing 8 mana)

I don't know why the devs are pretending it's not an issue, I can't even think of a nefarious reason to do it from a monetary standpoint. There is no doubt this WILL be nerfed, it's just a matter of when.
09/18/2018 01:21 PMPosted by SuperGnu
09/18/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Excism

Supercollider is one of the best if not THE best weapon in the game. But as you say, it is Warrior only.

It is funny though, i hated Anoy-o-tron in GvG but i dont mind Giggling Inventor at all. It is weird.

It is beyond me, why supercollider is only an epic, when it has more impact than most legendaries in the game. Waaay too OP for my taste.
Because I can't seem to fit in any decks I run currently.

Oh wait, I found it in a fun deck I use with Flarkmaster and mechs in hunter...
so fine they are gonna nerf it making it cost 6...killing da fking card forever.
It's three cards mashed into one, for the same amount of mana.

Two annoy o Trons and a 2/1 don't seem great, unless you can play them as one card.
09/18/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Faloppio
so fine they are gonna nerf it making it cost 6...killing da fking card forever.
You don't want Even Paladin/Shaman/Warlock to have this card.
Don't worry guys Blizzard is watching the Card!

They are also watching the dumpster fire that is wild and roasting marshmallows.
09/18/2018 02:49 PMPosted by LoveRhino
It's three cards mashed into one, for the same amount of mana.

Two annoy o Trons and a 2/1 don't seem great, unless you can play them as one card.

Why even bother posting.

Yes, of course putting them on one card is great. That's why it's the most played card in the game.
I just won a game my opponent got a 9/9 blood knight by playing another giggling inventor and stalling until I could win. Ironic right?
09/18/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Flyveskalle
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is beyond me, why supercollider is only an epic, when it has more impact than most legendaries in the game. Waaay too OP for my taste.

As an Control Warrior/Control Mage main player i have to agree with you. The weapon is a bit over the top as it usualy shuts down a lot of plays from the opponent. Sure you can remove it but as you say, there will be another and most decks cant aford to run two weapon removals.

But as long as the game is Combo oriented there wont be a meta where control can be an impact really so it wont get changed anyway.
i think its fine because aggro decks can win or leave you at 10 hp or less by turn 5 so having a card giving you a chance for a come back is

any other taunt just get silenced
09/18/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Boreas
i think its fine because aggro decks can win or leave you at 10 hp or less by turn 5 so having a card giving you a chance for a come back is

any other taunt just get silenced

The problem I have with it is its also being used BY aggro decks simply 'cos of its board refill ability. I have no problem with strong neutral cards, but the same strong neutrals shouldnt be seen in the majority of decks regardless of archetype imo.

They used Belcher and Creeper as their comparisons. These very rarely had a place in aggro decks, thats where my issue lies.