Do you think you could do a better job?

Play Mode Discussion
actually I think the balance team of hearthstone is by far the worst balance team I have ever seen in a game, the proof is simple, Undertaker, warsong commander nerf, they printed shadowreaper in the same calss that has Raza, I took them one year to nerf patches, they printed ultimated infestation and spreading plague, to conuter jades they printed skulkinggeist instead of balancing jade druid, and they have printed some other stupid cards like rogue quest and shudderwock, I just think a lot of people here would a better job than team 5, this team is garbage, they don't know anything about balance, this game is fun and that is why I still play it, but it is extreamly unbalanced and stupid at the same time.
Well judging by the fact that theyu are balancing the biggest digital card game they must be doing something right!
Every card game that is more than a couple of years old will have examples of cards that broke the game , MtG still gets broken cards from time to time and they have been designing them for more than 20 years!
Personally I think the HS devs have made some questionable decisions in the past , but are definitely getting better, and they now have a better system in place to deal with problem cards.
No balance team will ever get everything 100% correct.
10/05/2018 01:54 AMPosted by megajeff
Well judging by the fact that theyu are balancing the biggest digital card game they must be doing something right!
Every card game that is more than a couple of years old will have examples of cards that broke the game , MtG still gets broken cards from time to time and they have been designing them for more than 20 years!
Personally I think the HS devs have made some questionable decisions in the past , but are definitely getting better, and they now have a better system in place to deal with problem cards.
"B-But that's only because -I- am not in their balance team! I would fix this game overnight! >:( "

- 95% of the forum dwellers
https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/omou8fw6?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

Go show 'em how it's done, big guy.
10/05/2018 01:54 AMPosted by megajeff
Yes I understand you, but facts like printing Skulking geist instead of balancing Jade druis is just so stupid, I just don't understand why they would do that, or putting Shadowreaper in the same class that has Raza, those are extreamly stupid mistakes.
Isn't it funny how only cards that can punish expensive, greedy, late game control decks are "broken"?
For example lets think about Jade druid and Skulking Geist, why they would print skulking geist insted of balancing Jade druid? don't you see that that is the most stupid idea?, they could have change jade idol to something like shuffle 3 jade stones to your deck (Jade Stone: Summon a Jade golem) or something like that, and if you think about Shadowreaper anduin it is also absurd, it is obvious that thet printed that card to make the combo with raza, but what the hell, they didn't check the power level of that deck, I just don't understand the way this company balance this game, you can not be so stupid to think that team 5 is a good balance team, because is a horrible balance team.
10/05/2018 02:09 AMPosted by tekgeist
Isn't it funny how only cards that can punish expensive, greedy, late game control decks are "broken"?
Jade druid is good against anything not only control decks, also raza-kazakuz was good against anything.
Using balance in game to whine about the competency of the devs is as shallow as you can get. One word, subjective. What I would say is a legit complain is a system error, fail part if any of them occurs. Some not getting FSG perks during the whole Nemsy deal, or even HS not working properly in iOS, would be in that category.

(note, complaining about balance issue is fine. everyone has an opinion, and feedback is ok most of the time. just not when using that as a reason to bash the competency of the devs)
10/05/2018 02:22 AMPosted by sky3union
Using balance in game to whine about the competency of the devs is as shallow as you can get. One word, subjective. What I would say is a legit complain is a system error, fail part if any of them occurs. Some not getting FSG perks during the whole Nemsy deal, or even HS not working properly in iOS, would be in that category.

(note, complaining about balance issue is fine. everyone has an opinion, and feedback is ok most of the time. just not when using that as a reason to bash the competency of the devs)
they are incompetent and you can not change that
10/05/2018 02:25 AMPosted by marcosm
they are incompetent and you can not change that
What a great argument! You gave a good reason that trumps my reasoning! Not~ What? They're incompetent because they don't spoonfeed the game as you see fit?
They could balance the game on a whim if they want to, they are geniuses.

Its just that if the game is imbalanced its more profitable.
I don't know but I certainly think they could do a better job by buffing weaker cards and being a bit more proactive when it comes to nerfs (which they'll never do because a poor indie company can't afford refunding cards too often).
The only thing they needed to do was put more card disruption tools to deal with the combo decks, personally having to play warlock just to do it is in my opinion not the correct way to balance around such a thing.

Rat forced the card from your hand to deal with it up front as a combo turn, play rat have removal ready if rat drew the right combo piece. With project its basically hope u get the combo piece and hope you don't roll a 1 or that your opponent rolls a 6.

Project can literally sabotage you while also giving your opponent a decent minion (like doomguard, jerax,voidlord). while you get a 1 mana demon that is useless late game because well you don't use project on turn 2 unless you can see whats in your opponents hand.

My point is why is a neutral tech card disruption tool such a bad idea when no one complained about dirty rat playstyle when people were complaining about exodia mage?.
The problem is that HS players are too creative and sneaky. We've found combos/interactions the development team didn't see.

MTG has had its share of overpowered stuff. power-9, Force of Will (uncommon) Aether Vial (uncommon), second sunrise and countless others. Skullclamp was banned for a while in STANDARD!
Sorry but if someone did not see worse things they didn't play any game at all.

Team 5 is far from the worse balance team tittle but it is also normal for most people think that they own game balance team is the worse one.

Their job for me is on the "acceptable" line and they really learn new things instead of do the exact same errors time after time that is something that gives me some hope.