Ok, it's enough, please block Vicious Syndicate

Play Mode Discussion
That website is ridiculous for anyone trying to play the game normally. A new report was published just a couple hours ago with a brief mention about Mechathun Druid, and that's enough to transform the entire ladder. I just met 4 Mechthun Druid in my last 6 games.

Granted that the deck is neither new nor difficult to counter, but it has so much impact on the meta. I can even confident in saying that VS has more power than Blizzard in dictating the meta. Such power should not be in a hand of a party who has absolutely no relation to the game.
*slowly moving Mecha'thun Druid deck behind my back while stepping away*
10/04/2018 10:44 PMPosted by PUPU
but it has so much impact on the meta.

When does Druid NOT have a huge impact on the meta ??

Seriously though, I don't think Blizzard can ban an external website like VS- it doesn't work that way. And I respectfully disagree with that assertion that a website has more impact than the game designers themselves. You'd do better to logically and construct your criticism and suggestions to them
10/04/2018 11:08 PMPosted by GabesRage
but it has so much impact on the meta.

Seriously though, I don't think Blizzard can ban an external website like VS- it doesn't work that way. And I respectfully disagree with that assertion that a website has more impact than the game designers themselves. You'd do better to logically and construct your criticism and suggestions to them

If, and thats a big IF, VS is "banned" then Blizzard need to start providing their own data on a weekly basis. They currently get away without having to do so, due to sites like VS.
10/04/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Swampy
10/04/2018 11:08 PMPosted by GabesRage

If, and thats a big IF, VS is "banned" then Blizzard need to start providing their own data on a weekly basis. They currently get away without having to do so, due to sites like VS.

Players should make their own decks. VS shouldn't be doing it for them, and streamers who are caught using third party sites to promote decks, or deckshare, should lose partnership rights, or be penalized.

#makehearthstoneskilledforonce
VS is only one of many sites that provide "netdecks", if VS would be shut down, one of the other sites would take its place , and so on , so on
10/05/2018 12:32 AMPosted by REEEEEEEEEEE
Players should make their own decks. VS shouldn't be doing it for them, and streamers who are caught using third party sites to promote decks, or deckshare, should lose partnership rights, or be penalized.

Whether players check out these websites or follow certain streamers and use the decks they try out/promote is entirely up to them.

And your suggestion of cutting off partnerships and even penalizing streamers who use them is extremely idiotic.

#stopbeingstupid
Surely the correct response is , " VS have highlighted deck X, and I know deck Y counters deck X handily, so if I want some free wins time to hit ladder with deck Y", use peoples lack of imagination against them rather than complaining about it, nothing is going to stop them blindly following VS as much as getting horribly punished on ladder everytime they do so.

We live in the information age, trying to restrict the flow of stats and knowledge is a fools errand (Wotc tried to do it and have failed completely).

Good players will adapt to the situation and use it to their advantage.
10/05/2018 01:48 AMPosted by megajeff
Surely the correct response is , " VS have highlighted deck X, and I know deck Y counters deck X handily, so if I want some free wins time to hit ladder with deck Y", use peoples lack of imagination against them rather than complaining about it, nothing is going to stop them blindly following VS as much as getting horribly punished on ladder everytime they do so.

We live in the information age, trying to restrict the flow of stats and knowledge is a fools errand (Wotc tried to do it and have failed completely).

Good players will adapt to the situation and use it to their advantage.
That requires things like critical thinking and problem solving skills, rather than just hoping everyone is worse than you.

One can dream, I suppose ^.^
That website is ridiculous for anyone trying to play the game normally. A new report was published just a couple hours ago with a brief mention about Mechathun Druid, and that's enough to transform the entire ladder. I just met 4 Mechthun Druid in my last 6 games.

Granted that the deck is neither new nor difficult to counter, but it has so much impact on the meta. I can even confident in saying that VS has more power than Blizzard in dictating the meta. Such power should not be in a hand of a party who has absolutely no relation to the game.

Does it really matter if a deck draw druid kills you instantly with mechathun or slower with togwaggle?

They win either way with the exact same deck shell.

Also, trying to block information from spreading never improves anything.

People will still look for these decks, they might spread a LITTLE slower, but they will still spread.

If it isnt VS, it'll be HSR, or Tempostorm, or some other site.

Most people like playing "proven" decks, card by card. A few change a couple of cards and call the deck their own.

It is extremely rare to find a new list on ladder because the players want it that way. VS is just an enabler.

10/04/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Wardrum

And when something new and successful comes along, people are willing to give it a try. That was a great way to say it, btw.
I noticed this as well. It basically stalled the entire game removing my threats and building ridiculous amounts of armor while drawing like crazy.

I expected Toggle to do me in and then I saw that 10/10 fatty hit the table.

Man druid is too good right now.
VS is just reporting what trickles down from Legend I was seeing both variations around rank 5 last few days before report even came out.
Honestly, as lame as meta/netdecks/not-deckbuilding/playing the expected synergies n cards / playing the strongest synergies n cards is...

The best way to do it is to have one ultimate source that clearly is the best for the most up to date metalists. VS may or may not be that, f/e it seems most the best players use hsreplay winrate after drawn over VS.

Or, you could just watch say, idk, some top-2 legend player stream and play their deck the next week.

Its not the sites/streams that's the problem, its the fact blizzard does zero to encourage weaker-cards, non-meta, unexpected cards, deckbuilding etc.

Its straight up...."can you find one the 5-6 solutions manuals online, or know a good streamer or two to watch?" If so, you've solved deckbuilding, and can skip play-1 which is deck construction.

Blizzard....its not possible to break your meta in any of these metas because the amount of deep cards is so limited that...everything gets tried out super quickly...the only cores not being played are those tried out, and usually don't have good enough flow/draw, so players resort to your class-draw cards and how to build around those. Neutrals should not be 'taunts, and that's great!".

You have to for once look at what all decks need to flow well...good draw...and realize nobody's going to say...build a deck and use flare f/e. These junky class-draws you put in the game hinder it so much....because the game is so built around draw/recruit/cheatout. Whats up with weak class-card draws sitting there? Whats up with neutral draw getting gutted like auctioneer?

Until you realize everyone's just building around the draw cards for that class...the strongest ones only...you wont be able to encourage non-meta.

Also, tools to not-be-face such as Blade Flurry / AoE, or heals, definitely limit some classes building options. Draw is most important bc without draw you cant hit your AoE / heal or whatever your deck wants to do in time.

Seirously blizz, if every class had a mana wyrm and draw, every single deck would be 'tempo mage'. Its basically the most simple way to make a deck....a snowball 1 drop...and snowball 2 drop that draws....etc etc. Its just completely lame.
10/05/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Akhora

Most people like playing "proven" decks, card by card. A few change a couple of cards and call the deck their own.

It is extremely rare to find a new list on ladder because the players want it that way. VS is just an enabler.

10/04/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Wardrum

And when something new and successful comes along, people are willing to give it a try. That was a great way to say it, btw.
Well, I've had the deck since launch and played it a bit back at the beginning of the expansion, but when the season reset it seemed like no one was really running control lock and I wasn't seeing Geist anywhere so figured hey, why not grab a string of wins? A couple hours later I hop on here and see this complaint lol. I haven't even read the whole report this week XD
10/05/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Thorodan
Its not the sites/streams that's the problem, its the fact blizzard does zero to encourage weaker-cards, non-meta, unexpected cards, deckbuilding etc.

no ccg encourages off-meta actually, but what they do is give equal opportunities available for all decks (ie. neutral draws or cards from different archetypes that could synergize with others, or mixing colors, etc) but most importantly, they do periodical adjustments to the current meta by, not only doing nerfs (errata'ing a card) but also with ban lists -HS current "banlist" is only HoF and that is a once-in-a-year event, it should be more frequent and involving more cards, not only from standard but also from wild, even if the card is new or not
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Making a coherent and good deck is a skill that not everyone possess. I always make my own deck, but I can't blame others for choosing one that is easily available.
Sometimes the real meta breaker is the counter to vs meta breaker deck. They tend to show what happened last week. (Kinda how data works :P)
Leaving aside the discussion of whether it would be "right" or "opportune" to block VS, how would Blizzard even go about doing so?

It's not like they can stop people from collecting data.
VS relies on players supporting the data they (VS) base their analyses on. There is nothing for Blizzard to block.