Any Cloning Gallery Priest players here?

Play Mode Discussion
10/04/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Molot
Aggro kills you be4 you do anything with this deck 4 games out of 5. Its about even vs Druid and odd warrior , a bit favorable vs even lock. The deck is ok , but as it was mentioned earlyer you loose to your own low rolls. Also the draw is basicly non existant in this deck and you rely heavily on your value generators like lich and lyra to stay afloat. Ppl do hit high legend with it tho.

The people going high legend with that build are likely only using it once they hit legend or close to it. It’s prolly harder to grind res priest at 15-5 than 5-legend!
10/03/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Hazama
Played a few games with it. Am missing zillax. I like it. Not sure how viable it is but I can for sure say it is pretty fun. :)

It's worth putting in zilliax. Sometimes, that is the card you would rather resurrect or have in your hand turn 5 than anything else. And it is useful in a ton of other decks.
10/03/2018 05:08 PMPosted by blackveiled
These days, I have the feeling the new Resurrect decklist can reach Barnes levels of high roll craziness.

Never. Barnes was a different level of op/broken. Turn 3 or 4 into barnes into ysharaaj was an auto win against any deck. You have to wait at least turn 6 before you can "cheat" out a big minion. cloning gallery priest also has a lot of lower cost minions such as gargoyle, radiant, bloodmage, and zilliax. Its not a deck that revolves around barnes and a bunch of 8-10 cost minions.
The deck can actually ruin aggro with low health minions (1-2 because of spirit lash and bloodmage) but anything with 3+ health minions is a disaster. Its a hit and miss deck like tempo mage as are all decks with massive spells but worse as it takes eons to get going. But the game you mulligan into spellstone, spellstone, malygos, and ur first draws are velen, mindblast then yah you are getting run over. All in all its a tier 3 deck I think. Its a bit of fun and you can destroy some slow decks but you will still lose to the ultimate slow decks of quest rogue and toggies druid.
10/04/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Bojangles
10/03/2018 05:08 PMPosted by blackveiled
These days, I have the feeling the new Resurrect decklist can reach Barnes levels of high roll craziness.

Never. Barnes was a different level of op/broken. Turn 3 or 4 into barnes into ysharaaj was an auto win against any deck. You have to wait at least turn 6 before you can "cheat" out a big minion. cloning gallery priest also has a lot of lower cost minions such as gargoyle, radiant, bloodmage, and zilliax. Its not a deck that revolves around barnes and a bunch of 8-10 cost minions.

Yeah this new rez priest is waaaay less powerful and highrolly than old school Big Priest, you are not going to win before T10 unless something very unlucky happens to your opponent!

As others have said . it's a really fun deck to play, every game feels different and it's nowhere near op, although capable of decent performance if you know what you are doing (which includes being able to read what your opponent is playing pretty accurately), this is what combo decks should look like in HS rather than the very narrow and frankly rather boring mechanics of Togwaggle and Mecha'thun, which to top it all off feel lame and "unfun" to play against.