Completing Quests as new player

New Player Tavern
I am having a horrible experience trying to do quests as a new player. Because I can't complete them in solo adventures, I have to go in ranked. But I can't afford more than one quality deck, and basically have to go into ranked with barely above basic level decks on other classes. However, because it is ranked everyone I face is running their ranking deck and I have to grind a ton of games to just get 1 win for 1 quest. That's terrible. Something needs to change.

Potential solutions:
Make players ranked 50-26 only get quests that aren't dependent upon winning.
Add a PvP mode that is both free and unranked (why isn't this a thing anyway?)
Allow players ranked 50-26 to complete quests in solo adventures
I take it you are talking about win x games as x.

Just swap them, top right of the quest in the summary screen changes it, once a day.

Don't bother with playing until you get play x cards or some alternative, you get 3 days to clear quests before they backlog.

A year later I don't waste my time with them at all, it is as pointless no matter how long you play as you think it is when starting.

Then just create a deck that does it as soon as and not to win, when you have enough 1 mana cards just use them and you should be able to do all the quests in 1-3 games.

Hearthstone is all about losing, if you happen to win it is just a nice side effect of 'playing'.
there very important to do , you can easily earn 100 -150 a day it does add up, and you can eventually get enough dust to craft a cheap competitive deck, i wish they tell new players this but, the trick is to add people in game make some friends, and just ask people to help you with quest, so what you can do is challenge people to a friendly duel, if it's wins your after basically one of you can choose to pass turn and let the other guy attack you (once you get below 15 health) you or the either person can concede,

for example if you want your friend to win, then once below 15 if you concede the quest will go through, or vice versa if you need the win

you can add me and i can help you with quests if want, gumby#1898
10/09/2018 05:05 PMPosted by KusoGamer

if you are in 50-26 range and you can't win - competitive deck isn't your problem - you doing something horribly wrong
10/10/2018 05:01 AMPosted by ChaosSlayer
10/09/2018 05:05 PMPosted by KusoGamer

if you are in 50-26 range and you can't win - competitive deck isn't your problem - you doing something horribly wrong

Actually experience what you are talking about before you comment. I'm in those ranks because I thought it would be fun, but people are incredibly sad. There is Aluneth Mage, Odd Pally/Rogue, Keleseth Zoo, etc.
10/10/2018 11:35 AMPosted by shot

Actually experience what you are talking about before you comment. I'm in those ranks because I thought it would be fun, but people are incredibly sad. There is Aluneth Mage, Odd Pally/Rogue, Keleseth Zoo, etc.

Maybe just your luck. Any noob can get like 5 guaranteed legs right now with minimal investment, including a DK. Odd Rogue (or version off) is not very expensive deck to make if you got lucky with Baku with first 10 packs. Otherwise there are tons and tons of noobs.
Just reroll (x) those win quests where you can't make a decent deck for the class.

Another thing for a new player - try not to dust classic set class cards. You will want them in the future to help complete these quests. Just try to be patient and keep collecting cards and dust over months.
It can definitely be difficult, but there may be something in your gameplay and decision-making if you are losing that many games.

I recommend watching Trump Teachings for learning the basic concepts of Hearthstone, even if you may be familiar with card games already. That being said, the particular cards and decks are outdated, but learning with the Basic set allows you to see these concepts like trading, tempo, mana efficiency, more clearly. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

If you are looking for something more recent, where things are more complicated, I have my own video series where I go through the new player experience during the Witchwood/early Boomsday meta to show how someone new and F2P might be able to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6fLhNPk_1Twj8mN6-pax4XrznUClzSA3

Notable episodes for Ranked play, in which I verse against multiple refined decks while not having many cards, are Episodes 3, 8-10, 11a, 12, 14, 16, 18-19. I get to complete daily quests along the way as well, without havimg to play too many games.

In Episode 19, I look back at the game record, and it is sitting at least 50% winrate overall, which if you, say are having a winrate at 20-25%, you go from feeling like you are drowning, to being able to stand up and fight and gradually building your collection.

It may not be the same as the current Rank 50-25, but I hope you can learn something from how others play and beat those meta decks that are popping up!
10/10/2018 11:35 AMPosted by shot

This may sound pretty arrogant, but anyone who has seen great decks played badly by lower ranked players will have a solid grasp of the sort of players you're facing. Many of them are so poorly piloted that a decent deck with good fundamental play will beat them.
No, Odd Rogue, Keleseth Zoo, Secret Hunter, etc are not rare in these ranks. It's almost all I face. I won't pretend to be good but the state of 50-26 is absolutely ridiculous. I invite anyone to start a new account, buy the welcome pack, make a cheap shaman deck and see how you fare.

"Why did you build a Shaman deck first"
Because I wanted to have fun. Screw me right? It's not like a kitchen sink deck, I pulled the best WR Shaman deck off HSReplay that I could find and afford in dust. I don't know why but somehow I didn't expect the new player's ranks to be this high quality of decks.

Remember, these ranks are supposed to be a way for new players to get in the game. But why would any new player stay in a situation like this? They can't make any mistake in the deck they choose to build, or they get demolished constantly. They have to try and reroll their quests *for ones* that aren't based on winning, if they don't get that then too bad, they get to put off their ability to actually create or improve their deck for at least 24 hours (or they could farm 30 wins, lul.)

Edited rerolling quests thing

Update: At rank 35 I decided to just skip the 8 or 10 or whatever packs remaining and get to 25 immediately. Long term it won't matter that much and I'd rather have access to casual queue, be able to get card backs, etc.
Getting to Rank 35 would mean you played quite a bunch of games and won.
I'd say the sticking point is queuing up against a meta deck and feeling like you already lost, when that isn't always the case.

It's an additional hurdle when new players face an uphill battle in terms of deck cohesiveness and card quality.
10/12/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Jonius
Getting to Rank 35 would mean you played quite a bunch of games and won.
I'd say the sticking point is queuing up against a meta deck and feeling like you already lost, when that isn't always the case.

It's an additional hurdle when new players face an uphill battle in terms of deck cohesiveness and card quality.

It's not always the case for sure, but it's more often the case than not, especially if it's a meta deck that can easily deal with my tokens. My deck is super reliant on having things on the board, but a lot of the decks I face can, in fact, easily deal with my tokens.

Odd Rogue hero power + combo cards and such can easily prevent me from mounting any serious board until it's too late for me. Secret hunter's traps are often perfect against my tokens, because their secrets either proc off minions attacking them, or playing multiple cards in one turn. Odd Paladin has lots of easy answers to my tokens, etc.

Honestly I think my deck's stats are just bloated, getting most of its wins from basic/0 cost decks as well as new players that just didn't do their research and don't know to respect the tokens.

Going back to the original topic of the post though, from my experience after skipping ahead to rank 25, I think casual mode should definitely be accessible for the new ranks. It would help the questing situation a ton I think. Once I had access to it, I didn't have nearly as much trouble completing quests, and felt much better about playing. It didn't feel like I was banging my head against a wall anymore.
You can do quests in casual play nowadays, and in casual if you lose a lot, you will be getting weaker opponents (or more precisely, opponents who also lost a lot).
Apparently ive played for 2 months and thus im not a "new" player anymore. Lol

But i wouldve appreciated these packs as a f2p player.
10/12/2018 11:35 PMPosted by ponnuki
You can do quests in casual play nowadays, and in casual if you lose a lot, you will be getting weaker opponents (or more precisely, opponents who also lost a lot).

To be clear, Casual mode isn't accessible by players in ranks 50-26, the ones I was talking about. At least, I couldn't find such an option. There is simply nothing in the space where casual mode would normally be.
Because I can't complete them in solo adventures

There are a few quests that can be completed in solo adventures.
5 WINS
3w Dungeon Run
3w Monster Hunt
probably 2 WINS as well.
10/14/2018 03:46 PMPosted by EmeraldBoar
Because I can't complete them in solo adventures

There are a few quests that can be completed in solo adventures.
5 WINS
3w Dungeon Run
3w Monster Hunt
probably 2 WINS as well.

This, and also in tavern brawls. Premade tavern brawl decks are great for this situation.
@OP:
Other idea: Exchange one quest per day. There are certain classes that alway share win-quest-conditions (look them up). Choose one of them as the first classes that you create good decks for - that's what I did.
Blizzard (since then) also included way more quests that you can complete by just playing certain cards (like beasts/combo cards a.s.o.). Try rerolling into those.
And lastly: Try playing with a friend that is also new to the game. If nothing else HS can be very fun as a VS-friends-only game ;-) No pressure, no netdecks, just fun experimentation and as a bonus you get to complete your quests while playing them.
10/10/2018 12:25 PMPosted by StormDrake

Maybe just your luck. Any noob can get like 5 guaranteed legs right now with minimal investment, including a DK. Odd Rogue (or version off) is not very expensive deck to make if you got lucky with Baku with first 10 packs. Otherwise there are tons and tons of noobs.

Even better, it's like 9:

1 from 1st 10 packs of Classic, Un'Goro,Kobolds,Frozen Throne, Witchwood, Boomsday

= 6

+ Marin the Fox (opening 1 Kobolds pack)
+1 Death Knight (Frozen Throne prologue)
+1 Boomsday (Release promotion)
= 9 legendary cards with minimal effort or time played (would be a shocker if you didn't get them within your first month with daily play.)

However, if anyone wants to call it 8 because Marin isn't meta and can't be dusted, I won't quibble :) [I miss C'Thun.]