Warrior's brawl card favor's the warrior?

Play Mode Discussion
Lately I have noticed that when I play warrior, or against it, the BRAWL card seems to favor the warrior, in a ridiculous fashion. I can't count the number of times I had one monster as a warrior and my opponent had a few and brawl destroyed all but my creature. The same happened often when playing against warrior when I had 3 or 4 creatures (even 7) and my opponent had only one as a warrior... and the brawl ended up destroying all my creatures and keeping the only one they had alive.

Is the choice really a random one or is it known that the card will favor statistically the warrior? At this point, if this is only "luck" or "fortuity" I feel that the warrior is very very lucky.
Yes! So you have noticed that when a Warrior plays Brawl it is their card that is left on the field most often.

You could have 7 minions and they drop just the 1. So if youre thinking Random chance at whats let, the odds should favor you right? Thats not how the AI RNG works. Its designed to do specific things like save the Warriors minion.

Same with Discover And Theft Cards. Stonehill Defender, Free From Amber get your specific cards - if not the first one of them played - definitely in the second one.

Same with snipe cards like Gnomeferatu and Demonic Project. They ususally snipe a great card.
RNG bro. Play more warrior and you'll eventually see the amazing luck your opponents can have as well.
As an Odd Warrior player, I can state that the chances of a favorable brawl tends to be pretty normal. Nothing too huge.

However, I have noticed that Brawl usually tends towards extremes, at least for me. At least the best possible thing for me lives or the worst possible thing for me lives.

It doesn't favor the Warrior all the time, although it can and does a lot.
When Nat Pagle was bugged and his chance to draw a card was less than 50% the playerbase discovered it instantly. Brawl has been in the game since long before the Nat Pagle nerf, you'd think someone would have found out by now.
All random events in the game are entirely random according to the possible outcomes; there is no weighting except where it has been obviously and clearly implemented, as with Discover. :}

You are probably experiencing confirmation bias, which is natural for most people. Were you to record which minion lived at what odds every time a Warrior used Brawl, you would find that what happens is indeed random, as suggested by the aggregate results.

It is possible you have been unlucky in that most of your Warrior opponents have had serendipitous outcomes with Brawl; in that case, random is random, for better or for worse.
I'm pretty sure that Blizzard implemented something into the code of the game called "Confirmation Bias." You should look it up sometime.
Hardly. It's just RNG at its finest.
It's just negativity bias. Play more warrior and you'll see what it's really like.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias
Yep it's true, if you have Grom Hellscream or Frothing Berserker, the Brawl WILL favor the Warrior, because Horde usually win the brawls.

-puts tinfoil hat off-
10/21/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Poutineman
Is the choice really a random one or is it known that the card will favor statistically the warrior?

10/21/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Slimjim
Same with Discover And Theft Cards. Stonehill Defender, Free From Amber get your specific cards - if not the first one of them played - definitely in the second one.

10/21/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Slimjim
Same with snipe cards like Gnomeferatu and Demonic Project. They ususally snipe a great card.

Nice conspiracy theory thread!
Whenever I play warrior, it also seems that brawl favours me.

At the same time you can watch Kripp lose 15 brawls in a row and always the opponents best minion win.

Luck ain't equally distributed among all ppl ;)
By the way, I am asking a question here, not stating anything. It "feels" like so.

Some cards will have specific arguments in their "randomness" to give a certain choice to certain classes, or favor certain results.

I was just wondering if they made the card favor the warrior... it is not because it is written "chosen randomly" that it mean that the random is "fair" or divided evenly between the possible choices.

For example, if I tell you "Roll a D20, and if the result is over 5, I win" you still have a random result here, but the chance are in my favor.
10/26/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Poutineman
By the way, I am asking a question here, not stating anything. It "feels" like so.

Some cards will have specific arguments in their "randomness" to give a certain choice to certain classes, or favor certain results.

I was just wondering if they made the card favor the warrior... it is not because it is written "chosen randomly" that it mean that the random is "fair" or divided evenly between the possible choices.

For example, if I tell you "Roll a D20, and if the result is over 5, I win" you still have a random result here, but the chance are in my favor.

Yeah.
I don't know why you got so many downvotes.
People are apparently having a hard time telling a conspiracy theory troll apart from someone who is apparently new to the game and came here to ask a legit question.
And to answer it: brawl choses a minion randomly with a discrete uniform distribution (probability for each minion to be chosen is 1/number of minions).
Definitely bias. Last 10 brawls, warrier plays one card (the only on the board) against multiple minions on my side and their one card survives.

Far more than statistical chance. I can do the replays too.
All RNG. You remember the "wow" moments and forget the test almost as soon as they happen. I have seen some brawls amazingly leave the warrior's best minion, and leave my best minion. Since I play disco lock, it's usually a 3/2 imp that survives.