Hearthstone Too Graphically Intensive

Play Mode Discussion
I know, I know: this is obvious. Do we really need the earth to crack when we play a legendary? Stupid effects everywhere? Hearthstone is the most unnecessarily graphically intensive game I own. I'm going back to WoW.
I'm starting you at 0/10, but increasing it by 0.5 for every proper catch you get.

Make it all the way to 10 and you get a prize.
I agree my Geforce 980 Gtixyzw turbo max ultra power plus can barely handle King Krush animation

Everytime someone plays Volcano my PC melts and I need to buy a new one
11/22/2018 04:47 PMPosted by LittleSmall
I agree my Geforce 980 Gtixyzw turbo max ultra power plus can barely handle King Krush animation

Shudderwock has been the source of many a house fire this year.
"Don't you have a phone?!"

No... no I don't. Hearthstone melted it.

Oh and there is nothing wrong currently with the graphics with Hearthstone. You should see MTGA when a certain vampire card comes out and buffs all other vampires. Talk about unnecessary graphics.
11/22/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Wardrum

99% not due to device malfunctions, rather the insanity caused after repeatedly hearing "my jaws that bite, my claws that catch" in a short period of time.

It doesn't help that you fall asleep during the long animation and can't notice the fire when it is already too late
11/22/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Bowser
...Shudderwock has been the source of many a house fire this year.

99% not due to device malfunctions, rather the insanity caused after repeatedly hearing "my jaws that bite, my claws that catch" in a short period of time.

Lol catch that claws,my bite that jaws,my.....
11/22/2018 04:16 PMPosted by t0rn
I know, I know: this is obvious. Do we really need the earth to crack when we play a legendary? Stupid effects everywhere? Hearthstone is the most unnecessarily graphically intensive game I own. I'm going back to WoW.

I can't even...
I can agree with 1 thing - the stupid "shake a screen" effects. Why? Does it look cool? Well...maybe for some 6 years old kid, though I am kinda angry as hell, when I am playing on a phone and make a misclick thanks to that "cool" effect.
Go into settings cap your frames at about 60. Then set these to:
Anti aliasing - on
Shadows - low
V sync - on
Textures - medium
View Distance - Ultra
Blood - Off
Refresh Rate - 144 Hz
Animations and the whole aesthetic is what sets hearthstone apart from most other card games.

Especially if you're rocking golden cards the game come alive in a completely new way.

Most other card games look and feel bland in comparison.
the game is poorly optimized no matter the animations if things are done well but in this game is not the case.
It's pretty weird that this game is so graphically demanding.

I tried it on an ATI 4850 once from 2008, and it lagged like crazy.

I mean this card could play Crysis at 30fps and Unreal Tournament at 200fps. I can still play GTA5 at 30 fps with it.

And yes, it runs WoW just fine too.

Why is a 2D game like hearthstone lagging on such hardware. Coders are no longer what they used to be.
It runs very slowly on my Asus Transformer which I use when I am away.

Granted it isn't designed to play games but I can run Oblivion on it on low settings, quite acceptably and did so on a plane trip.

Hearthstone is a static card game and it chugs along noticeably bearing in mind it is nothing more than a mobile game.

Anyway, not that it really affects me being as all I now do is play trash daily quest decks.

Have an up vote to upset the 1000+ posters even more.

None Will Survive!
Dang t0rn, by my count you've already made it to 2.5/10!
I think all cards should just be represented by text.

Saves money on the artists.

Change my mind.
My PC falls from the table from the tremor of playing King Krush EVERYTIME.....geez