Quest Paladin/Lynessa deck ([b]help[/b])

Play Mode Discussion
Hello, please tell me what you think I should add or cut. also let me know if its worth it to just make it a standard deck as their are only 4 cards I think that are keeping it from being standard being the 2x Djinni of Zephyrs and the 2x Silvermoon portals.

Thanks!

Here is the link

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/quest-paladin-lynessa-deck-help/
2 Copys Of Equality
1 Copy Of Consecration
1 Copy Of Wild Pyromancer

Primalfin Champion is also worth considering but it will rotate in April
10/22/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Thecryomanic
2 Copys Of Equality
1 Copy Of Consecration
1 Copy Of Wild Pyromancer

Primalfin Champion is also worth considering but it will rotate in April

So does the quest...

Anyway, to the OP, here’s the deck I’ve been using:

### Galvadon
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Adaptation
# 2x (1) Blessing of Might
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (1) The Last Kaleidosaur
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (2) Primalfin Champion
# 1x (2) Rebuke
# 2x (2) Sound the Bells!
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Paragon of Light
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 1x (5) Blessed Champion
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Val'anyr
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
#
AAECAcOfAwbyC4zHAuPjArfpAsPqAp3sAgxGpwWvB/YHq8ICiMcCiscC2McC48sC7dIC+ewC/vMCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Keep in mind your goal. This is a value deck, but not really a control deck. You want to use your buffs to make good trades, while having sticky, threatening minions that require answers even before Galvadon and Lynessa come down.

Zola and Rebuke are critical defensive tools to protect your big drops. It’s not always about rushing a Galvadon, it’s about getting one to stick. Rebuke makes it so that mass removal like Psychic Scream and Twisting Nether don’t remove them, so you’ll get at least one attack going. Zola gives you a reload on one of your big hitters, so try to save at least one of them to combo with.

There is no Equality in the deck, mostly because of lack of activators. Pyro is there, sure, but you don’t want to be the habit of wiping your side of the board. The pyros are there for some aoe, which can be quite potent with Sound the Bells as you keep the pyro alive, wipe the board, and progress your win condition at the same time.

Buffing Primalfins is great, but be careful of silence. Try to bait them to use them on eggs, or even a Spikeridged Steed target. Silencing anything other than Primalfins, Galvadon, or Lynessa is a win for you.

For mulligan you generally want early minions. Draw into spells to buff them with. Use Divine Favor for reload. It does fairly well against aggro, so not having as much draw against them isn’t so bad.

I’m not sure what cards you have, so check this list to see what you might be missing. We may be able to find suitable replacements.

Good luck!
I saw a Lynessa deck without the Quest - looked pretty good actually. A single Spikeridged Steed makes Lynessa a fine drop. Quest loses you a card (and possibly a Righteous Protector or something) and that's surprisingly much in the early game.

Galvadon is really fun, though, so there's that.
10/22/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Mand
I’m not sure what cards you have, so check this list to see what you might be missing. We may be able to find suitable replacements.

here is my decklist please check it out

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/quest-paladin-lynessa-deck-help/
I'm playing this at rank 5 right now with a solid win rate. (I used Secret Hunter to get to rank 5, however.)

Mine is kind of a wallet Buffadin version, but it's just because I've pulled a lot of Paladin legendaries (for some reason, they're always the first ones I get, every expansion.) The only cards I crafted in this deck was Zilliax and one Corpsetaker. It's a homebrew, but I've played it enough to work the kinks out.

Anyway, you don't play this deck to complete the quest quickly. Just make good trades and put pressure on face, then once you complete the quest, try to always drop the Kaleidosaur with the Faceless Manipulator, and try to make sure that you pick Stealth and Windfury as two of the buffs. Then try to always play Lynessa with Zola. That's usually way too much power for most opponents to handle, especially if they've used their removals and silences on the divine shield minions you buffed earlier. This deck has a ton of healing, too.

The Last Kaleidosaur x1
Crystalsmith Kangor X1
Equality x2
Potion of Heroism x2
Sound the Bells x2
Wild Pyromancer x2
Aldor Peacekeeper x1
Stonehill Defender x2
Zola the Gorgon x1
Blessing of Kings x2
Consecration x1
Corpsetaker x2
Spellbreaker x1
The Voraxx x1
Truesilver Champion x1
Faceless Manipulator x1
Zilliax x1
Spikeridged Steed x2
Sunkeeper Tarim x1
Lynessa Sunsorrow x1
Tirion Fordring x1
Uther of the Ebon Blade x1
I remember trying to make a Galvadon deck way back.

My genius strategy was to make it a mech deck, and utilize Spare Parts to count towards quest completion.

To my credit, it was consistent enough to get Galvadon out on 6 or 7. Unforunately, proper aggro decks would run me over, tempo/zoo decks could simply trade and remove my buff targets, and control decks could usually find a way to fend off Galvadon somehow, leaving the rest of the deck in shambles.

I feel like the deck would be fantastic if you could start with maybe two more cards in hand. I got no space for removals, and it’s too slow to contest a board if I can’t get a Mechwarper to stick. Alas!
Cut zephyrs and portals to make it standard. I can't imagine the deck has enough power to survive wild, but it has been a while since I even played wild.

Cut your one of's to make more pairs, the inconsistency can really hurt the deck. You also might want to find another couple minions to add, since hero power + buff just isn't that strong. Add in survivability and a pair of bankers, there are few decks that can stand up to 4 Lynessa

Posting my deck for reference. It does pretty well against mid-late game decks, but struggles against aggro and token

### Lynessa
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Baleful Banker
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (2) Sound the Bells!
# 2x (3) Benevolent Djinn
# 2x (3) Paragon of Light
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Hammer of Wrath
# 1x (4) Weaponized Piñata
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAYsWBPoG4+MCw+oChvsCDfoB+wHcA/QFrwebwgKIxwLt0gKy6QL57ALF8wL+8wKn9wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone