Upgrade System Must Be Come For Useless Cards

Play Mode Discussion
Why dont you rework useless cards with upgrade system example like this:

Silverback Patriarch 1/4 Taunt

Upgrade cost: 1600 dust

Upgraded Silverback Patriarch 1/4 Taunt - Battlecry: If you have beast gain +2 attack
this becomes a p2w issues as those who buy cards have more dust generally speaking than those who are f2p.

Meaning those who buy the cards will have an advantage over those who do not.
11/17/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Carlieth
this becomes a p2w issues as those who buy cards have more dust generally speaking than those who are f2p.

Ok.. if your a troll you got me...

How is that ANY different than what we ALREADY have.

I just can't stop reading this in disbelief.

those who buy the cards will have an advantage

those who buy cards have an advantage

buy advantage
The bad cards are not really useless, as there are discover and random summon effects

So the bad minions somehow help balance this random effects

We saw how strong spiteful summoner got, when there were no bad outcomes for 10 drops
While it is true, that bad cards do affect some random effects, I strongly agree with the original poster that reworking some basic cards might do more good than harm. The way it is now more and more classic cards become useless.
Honestly that's a great idea. I have way too much dust so i could dump all my dust in useless cards to upgrade and never play them. This way i could spent more money on this game. /s
There's a rather interesting Magic the Gathering article on why bad cards exist in the first place - although MtG is not Hearthstone, most (if not all) of the points it discusses are perfectly valid in this game too.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28
Why don't we have the option to upgrade cards from the standard version to a golden one by just paying the difference. For Example if i opened a normal Legendary (1600 dust to craft) and i want the golden Version i just upgrade the card to a golden one, by paying 1600 dust and not 3200.
why so much dislike? this game needs more usefull cards for more different type decks and trash cards waiting on your collection for nothing. i kow blizzard only nerfing cards instead of buff but this can be good for game. and one thing this game cannot be balanced with nerfing cards maybe buffing system helps that.
11/17/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Myth
why so much dislike? this game needs more usefull cards for more different type decks and trash cards waiting on your collection for nothing. i kow blizzard only nerfing cards instead of buff but this can be good for game. and one thing this game cannot be balanced with nerfing cards maybe buffing system helps that.

*hmm posted pretending nobody answered his topic

so you were trolling k
11/17/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Gravetorn
There's a rather interesting Magic the Gathering article on why bad cards exist in the first place - although MtG is not Hearthstone, most (if not all) of the points it discusses are perfectly valid in this game too.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28

I just want to point something out about this article. Listed as bad cards that never see play we have things like "Lions Eye Diamond". When I see " have never in all my years seen anyone play a Lion's Eye Diamond, for ANY reason" what I read is "this is one of the weakest cards in the game" and there is no reason it should exist. Sound familiar to anyone?

Magic card prices are variable, but a quick search as of right this minute reveals that I'd probably be paying in the neighborhood of $160 for a single copy of this card today. Lion's Eye Diamond is NOT ranked with the weakest cards in Magic, it is ranked with the strongest in the game. There has never been a buff to this card, the rules around it have not changed, we just have more experience using it and more cards available to us than at the time this article was written.
11/17/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Ace0Spadez83
11/17/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Gravetorn

I just want to point something out about this article. Listed as bad cards that never see play we have things like "Lions Eye Diamond". When I see " have never in all my years seen anyone play a Lion's Eye Diamond, for ANY reason" what I read is "this is one of the weakest cards in the game" and there is no reason it should exist. Sound familiar to anyone?

Magic card prices are variable, but a quick search as of right this minute reveals that I'd probably be paying in the neighborhood of $160 for a single copy of this card today. Lion's Eye Diamond is NOT ranked with the weakest cards in Magic, it is ranked with the strongest in the game. There has never been a buff to this card, the rules around it have not changed, we just have more experience using it and more cards available to us than at the time this article was written.

Well I mean - the person that wrote " have never in all my years seen anyone play a Lion's Eye Diamond, for ANY reason" was just a guy writing a letter to WotC. The author of the article then goes on to explain that that card specifically was run four of in one of the best decks in the pro tour.

I believe the author's point regarding the diamond is simply we can't be too quick to judge a card, and that a card's 'value' changes depending on meta etc.

Lastly, you're right the card is around $150 now - but I would argue that is largely due to it's age and lack of reprints. I mean It's not a terrible card - but I wouldn't in a hundred years call it one of the strongest. Having said that this is obviously just my opinion!

I don't want to turn this into a Mtg thread. My original intention was just to provide some evidence as to why 'bad' cards are necessary.
Nope.

upgrades are one of the most money grab mechanics that already existed in card games.
11/17/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Myth
Why dont you rework useless cards with upgrade system example like this:

Silverback Patriarch 1/4 Taunt

Upgrade cost: 1600 dust

Upgraded Silverback Patriarch 1/4 Taunt - Battlecry: If you have beast gain +2 attack

The upgrade system is what i hate the most from other card games.
I prefer losing to a card i don't have than losing to a card i have but my opponent has a stronger version of it.
11/17/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Carlieth

Ok.. if your a troll you got me...

How is that ANY different than what we ALREADY have.

I just can't stop reading this in disbelief.

those who buy the cards will have an advantage

those who buy cards have an advantage

buy advantage

Yes, so let's make it even worse. There's a fire in my kitchen, so let me set my bedroom on fire, as well. My truck gets bad gas mileage already, so let me put some heavy furniture in the bed so it gets even worse gas mileage. I'm already eating fast food for lunch, might as well get a 2000 calorie milkshake when I'm done.

Also, why do you think people disagreeing with you are trolls?