Random question

Play Mode Discussion
We know Blizzard has roughly two full future sets of cards finalised for thier scheduled release time so I'm wondering if Blizzard have ever pulled a card from a later set and released it with the next set to be released as a means of adding balance or trying to buff a struggling deck archetype?
You'll need a blue to weigh in on this question. My initial gut feeling is no, because they already have counters for broken cards scheduled to be released in the next set. We saw it with the pirate eater battlecry and the Easter of secrets cards.
10/31/2018 06:40 PMPosted by URjustSOL
You'll need a blue to weigh in on this question. My initial gut feeling is no, because they already have counters for broken cards scheduled to be released in the next set. We saw it with the pirate eater battlecry and the Easter of secrets cards.

Well we definitely need a blue to post here
Jesse Hill, whenever you can spare us some wisdom, some of us are listening.
That's a good question.

I'll see if Dev has any insights to share or anything.
10/31/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
That's a good question.

I'll see if Dev has any insights to share or anything.

Thanks Jesse. I look forward to hearing back from you.
I remember Brode dropping a tidbit on this.

Patches was actually supposed to be a Dragon back in BRM, but they had felt it wasn’t the time to release a card like that, so they put it on the backburner for a long, long time, and changed it to Pirate synergy.

This means even if they have a set ready, they can still axe parts of it last minute and save it for another time.
Not a direct answer to your question, but sorta related. iirc (totally possible I am mistaken) it was mentioned last year that the devs reserve a handful of cards to address the meta, as such, until late in the development process (call it a month before release, as a ballpark).

I'd have to go searching for the comment, which is too much like hard work, but I am pretty sure they said something along those lines at some point. So treat this comment with a grain of salt.
Nice thread, but the question aren't random enough. How about...

When yo momma clapping with mittens on, hence colliding the protons in the mittens atoms, is she basically a large collider too?

You see what I did? No? What do you mean get myself out? chill guys daym!!
10/31/2018 06:31 PMPosted by TumblingDT
We know Blizzard has roughly two full future sets of cards finalised for thier scheduled release time so I'm wondering if Blizzard have ever pulled a card from a later set and released it with the next set to be released as a means of adding balance or trying to buff a struggling deck archetype?

they have mentioned they have cards that can change if something in meta is problematic, like giest and golaka crawler, they didnt have those cards designed ahead of time, they were just there to balance