causual is a lot harder then rank why?

Play Mode Discussion
I play both and I must say in my experience causual is a lot harder then rank.Is this because I am rank 19 and my mmr rating with casual is a lot higher?

Or does causual even have a match making system to begin with?

maybe its all just random I dont know why is causual so much harder then rank?
It's entirely possible that you have a high MMR in Casual, though I also find that mode to be much more dependant on day of the week/time of day.

Myself, I pretty much never play high-performing meta decks in Casual, just my homebrew stuff for fun and I generally see a 50/50 split or so on meta decks vs other stuff. On weekends, the amount of meta I encounter does seem to go up significantly, all well as the first few hours after server reset since folks are likely logging in just to get their quests done as quickly as possible (I dont have to deal with that much anymore now that I work day shift).

Also, this late in the month, most folks that aren't looking to really push for higher ranks are just goofing around on the ladder a lot more than they would have in the first week or two after a new season begins.
If you are playing strong decks in casual it is likely because you are a better player with your MMR matching you against similar players.
Cause you take sucky decks in, lose to basic players, and complain about it on the boards
Today seems a little more competitive than usual but its all good.

The idea that the mode or ranking makes a difference in the deck quality is old thought. You will be match with a player with similar skill sets, at least in theory.

I like Wild Casual, win or lose, its crazy fun.
I think the range of opponents you can get in casual is wider than in ranked.
Legend and other high rank players farm casual because its a lot faster for them to complete dailys and farm gold for wins.
sometimes, if you have won to many games, casual mode can get really though

however, my decktracker says that all my longest winning streaks come from casual mode
11/22/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Bob
Legend and other high rank players farm casual because its a lot faster for them to complete dailys and farm gold for wins.

They don't get ranked against rank 19 players...
I have been finding this to be the case for me in Wild. Casual always matched me against a lot of tier 1 decks but low level ranked had a lot more variation.
because ranked is full meta while casual is whatever, and often off meta decks can outperform you if you aren't familiar with their strategy

personally, I farm gold, do quests and play randomly on ladder since I know what to expect already, thus I find it easier to deal with usually (3 decks are the exception to this rule though)
You have 2 sets of MMR

1 for ranked
1 for casual

It’s entirely possible that you have a higher MMR in casual if you play that mode a lot.
11/22/2018 04:18 PMPosted by xFoobs
You have 2 sets of MMR

1 for ranked
1 for casual

It’s entirely possible that you have a higher MMR in casual if you play that mode a lot.
Ranked MMR doesn't come into play unless there's legend matchmaking happening. At rank 19 it's just stars.
11/22/2018 11:57 AMPosted by HappyFeet
I play both and I must say in my experience causual is a lot harder then rank.Is this because I am rank 19 and my mmr rating with casual is a lot higher?
you answered your own question. casual has a hidden mmr. rank 19 isnt really high.
Was that you in the last game that left before it began?
11/22/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Wardrum
11/22/2018 04:18 PMPosted by xFoobs
You have 2 sets of MMR

1 for ranked
1 for casual

Ranked MMR doesn't come into play unless there's legend matchmaking happening. At rank 19 it's just stars.

A MMR based on stars is still a MMR.