How should a 10 mana weapon look like?

Play Mode Discussion
Biggest weapons so far is 8 mana.

Woecleaver (Warrior), Runespear (Shaman) but also Shadowmourne (Scourgelord Garrosh) and Grave Vengeance (Uther of the Ebon Blade)... all 8 mana weapons.

Those are pretty good, a 10 mana weapon should be even more powerful, able to go toe-to-toe with N'Zoth or Mecha'thun.
It would be cool if the durability only lost 1 to an ooze or was tied to a deathrattle effect to allow some counter-play but not completely screw you if it does get oozed. Otherwise it would be hard to get anyone to play a weapon for 10 mana.
1/1

Poisonous to heroes.

Death rattle: you lose the game.
Weeelll the thing about weapons is that they get oozed fairly easily.
Also 10 mana cards to be viable need to do something insane.

So a 10 mana weapon is very unrealistic. Either it would suck so much that it wouldn't be played, or it would be so strong that everyone is forced to run ooze and since it's on turn 10 at best everyone will have ooze at that point though you still have the turn where you played it. So in the turn you played it it needs to completely turn the game arround. And we don't need one more card that destroys you without you being able to interact with it
Light Reaper

5/3

Battlecry : Deal 5 damage to all enemy minions.

Death rattle : Summon The Darkness.
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

Warrior Legendary Weapon 10 Mana 2/5.

Battlecry: Return all enemy minions to thier owners hand. Whenever an enemy minion enters the battlefield Thunderfury deals 2 damage to that minion.

Deathrattle: Summon "Legendary Elemental in WoW lore for this blade". It's an 8/8 Elemental with Windfury, Charge, an can't be Targeted by spells or abilities.
Priest legendary
1/5, when this damages a minion, take control of it.
Well, if you are looking to go toe-to-toe with an Old God, you would have to choose a Titan of course....or maybe a fallen Titan? :D

Then if we are looking at something 10-mana and powerful, I would suggest Gorribal the Dark Seether, the weapon used by Sargeras. Though, if we are talking Sargeras, it may have to be more than 10-mana. Maybe something like:

Cost:20
0 Attack
0 Durability
This weapon costs 1-less for each opponent's minion that has died this game (counts while in your deck).

Battlecry: Destroy all minions in play. Gain +1 attack and Durability for each minion destroyed this way.

Your Hero must attack. Your hero is Immune while attacking.

Deathrattle: Choose One: Summon a Demon minion whose attack and health is equal to the attack of this weapon or put that many 2/2 Demons into play.
10 mana: Pre-loaded Kingsbane.

I'm sure it would be balanced and fun for everybody.
10 Mana
-You are immune while attacking.
-This weapon doesn't lose durability when you attack.
4/1

Bring out your weapon removing, because it will bring the pain... or just end the game before since this is super slow.
Well it would have to be the strongest thing in creation currently, so I would say something like this.

Sword of Holy Rending- Paladin, 10 mana, 20 damage 1 durability, Can only attack minions. Deal half the damage to adjacent minions, deal half that damage to adjacent minions. Deathrattle- Summon a Sword of Holy Healing- 2 damage, 4 durability, LifeSteal, When attacking heal player for 2 health.

The concept is that the hero can kill Darkness with one shot and it is so powerful that the shock wave damages the other enemy minions on the board. Afterwards another sword appears that allows the Paladin to heal himself for most of the damage received from killing Darkness. 20 damage to the main target with damage rippling outward. (20, 10, 5, 3 damage rounding up).
"Pyro Blast Stick"
10 mana, 10 attack, 1 durrability. Can only go face.
Rogue class: The Great Avenger
-10 mana
-4/4 with windfury
-When your hero attacks, gain 4 armor and give a random friendly minion +4 attack.

Warrior class: Bloodletter
-10 mana
-?/3
-Attack of this weapon equals the amount of missing health among all minions.
11/27/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
Well, if you are looking to go toe-to-toe with an Old God, you would have to choose a Titan of course....or maybe a fallen Titan? :D

Then if we are looking at something 10-mana and powerful, I would suggest Gorribal the Dark Seether, the weapon used by Sargeras. Though, if we are talking Sargeras, it may have to be more than 10-mana. Maybe something like:

Cost:20
0 Attack
0 Durability
This weapon costs 1-less for each opponent's minion that has died this game (counts while in your deck).

Battlecry: Destroy all minions in play. Gain +1 attack and Durability for each minion destroyed this way.

Your Hero must attack. Your hero is Immune while attacking.

Deathrattle: Choose One: Summon a Demon minion whose attack and health is equal to the attack of this weapon or put that many 2/2 Demons into play.

This is hilariously overcomplicated for a Hearthstone card; go back to Yugioh my friend. XD

Cool flavour though. ^_^
Peons Axe:
10M, 1/3

Flavour text: Its an axe for peons, what did you expect???
11/27/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Theman
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

Warrior Legendary Weapon 10 Mana 2/5.

Battlecry:
Your hero repeatedly emotes "did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker" for the rest of the game.
11/27/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Beaky
This is hilariously overcomplicated for a Hearthstone card; go back to Yugioh my friend. XD

Cool flavour though. ^_^

Sure - but thats part of the fun of theory crafting.

Still less text then some other game's cards ;)
11/27/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
Still less text then some other game's cards ;)

Troof.
I would honestly expect to see Scythe of Elune for Druid being a 10 mana weapon.

5/5 +5 Spell damage
DeathRattle : When this weapon breaks Add the Moon cycle Spell to your hand.

0 mana
New Moon - deal 1 damage (upgrade to half moon)

5 Mana
Half Moon - Deal 5 damage (upgrade to full moon)

10 Mana
Full Moon - Deal 10 damage to the whole Enemy side of the board (Get Scythe of Elune back in hand)
11/27/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Deathy
I would honestly expect to see Scythe of Elune for Druid being a 10 mana weapon.

5/5 +5 Spell damage
DeathRattle : When this weapon breaks Add the Moon cycle Spell to your hand.

0 mana
New Moon - deal 1 damage (upgrade to half moon)

5 Mana
Half Moon - Deal 5 damage (upgrade to full moon)

10 Mana
Full Moon - Deal 10 damage to the whole Enemy side of the board (Get Scythe of Elune back in hand)

I don't know about balance, but this card is actually super cool. So far, this definitely has my vote! ^_^