Unable to play casual mode

New Player Tavern
Sorry in advance if this isn't the right place for this, but I just started playing a few days ago, and casual mode isn't appearing as a playable option (yet ranked is) and I'm not sure why. my friend who also started recently can play it. Am I missing something?
as far as I know, Casual is locked per new rules until you get to Rank 25
Unfortunately, when they decided to implement the 50-25 ranks, they also decided that players also shouldn't be able to play Casual until they reached Rank 25; a big mistake in my opinion.
Thanks for clearing that up! :)
10/17/2018 08:15 AMPosted by DeckardCain
Unfortunately, when they decided to implement the 50-25 ranks, they also decided that players also shouldn't be able to play Casual until they reached Rank 25; a big mistake in my opinion.

It's not a mistake. It's a recognition that playing against an old player with a crappy win rate but a deck full of epics and legendaries is not conducive to a good new player experience. Even if the epics and legendaries in question suck, the new player's perception is that they lost due to having inferior cards. Just look at all the old threads on this forum that stated as much. As I write this, there is a thread posted by someone complaining that his Rank 24 games are too hard. Those Rank 24 players are the ones that new players were coming up against in casual.

Rank 50 games are super easy. I say this after playing some of those on the EU servers. I guarantee that new players will have a much better experience playing ranked than they will by jumping into casual against bad players who have been collecting packs for four years.
'It's not a mistake. It's a recognition that playing against an old player with a crappy win rate but a deck full of epics and legendaries is not conducive to a good new player experience. Even if the epics and legendaries in question suck, the new player's perception is that they lost due to having inferior cards.'

I agree, but the legendaries/epics are usually what the crappy players are basing their whole deck on, and when you are facing someone that can pull either each and every round it is a challenge to defeat them especially if they sit behind a buffed taunt wall.

I played a rogue that was playing legendaries that I was dealing with each time and then played face collector 3 times. That gave them ANOTHER 3 legendaries.

Doing that they must have played/had access to 7 legendaries, possibly more, 1 legendary can swing a game let alone 7.

Even a bad player doing that can exhaust your deck to deal with them and they simply overwhelm you.

That isn't skill that is simply a 'superior' deck at the level you are playing at that shouldn't be there.

And the difference in the quality of a game where your opponent doesn't rely on legendaries and those where they do is extreme.

It makes no sense why matchmaking isn't an aggregate of win rate and deck weighting where players like these will not be matched with equivalent level players because their deck weighting doesn't match.

If they want to wait 15-30 minutes for a match that is their problem or they take out the cards to reweigh their deck.

A crappy heavy weight taking on a fly weight is still not an even match.
10/20/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Halo572

I played a rogue that was playing legendaries that I was dealing with each time and then played face collector 3 times. That gave them ANOTHER 3 legendaries.

Doing that they must have played/had access to 7 legendaries, possibly more, 1 legendary can swing a game let alone 7.

Even a bad player doing that can exhaust your deck to deal with them and they simply overwhelm you.

Please stop judging cards by their rarity. Yes, some legendaries are very good. Some are very bad too. And many are good in the right deck, but only in the right deck. Drawing an extra card will usually be a stronger effect than getting a random legendary, even if you have just a starter deck. When someone has 10 or 20 legendaries in their deck, he has the cards, and probably the game knowledge to play you out of the water. But the deck he's playing is most likely a fun deck, one that is not nearly as good as it could be.
And you will face t1 decks in casual even with a 10% win rate. 50 to 25 will honestly be a better experience, I suspect. Don't take it too seriously.
Do not waste your time with this game.